• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "Red Gyarados" Discussion Thread

Years
    O.K,

If anyone's played G/S/C, they know where to get a shiny Pokemon without the long searching.

The Lake of Rage!

That's right, I'm talking abut he Red Gyarados, currently the only pokemon in ANY game you can get shiny with no doubt.

So now, that there are going to be remakes for G/S, will they include the Red Gyarados?

With this new video released a little while ago, it may be possible.

(Video Credit: By giancarloparimango11)

As you can see, it takes place in the sea, like it did in G/S.

No guarantees, but I'm pretty sure that's no random Shiny pokemon.

So what do you think?

Will the Red Gyarados return or will it be sleeping with the fishes in this remake?

UPDATE!

THE RED GYARADOS IS CONFIRMED BY POKEMON SUNDAY!

IT WILL BE IN POKEMON HG/SS AND CAN BE CAUGHT!

(Video Credit: By giancarloparimango11)

UPDATE!

A RED GYARADOS CUTSCENE FROM HG/SS!

(Video Credit: Justinary77)

Last edited:

Nemaru

nah
    Years
    Heh, when I first saw this thread a couple minutes ago I was going to post that exact same video to show everyone, but you beat me to it. xD

And yea, there's a 99.9999999% chance that it's red Gyarados. It's on the water, and the shiny sparkles are visible. Unless they wanted to emphasis shiny Pokemon for an unknown reason (maybe because shinies were introduced in G/S/C?), that's red Gyarados.

liveitout

What? Where?
    Years
    So why did they cover up the Pokemon's name and image?

I have faith that the Red Gyarados will appear in the new versions. It's a pretty big plot point, after all. Also, it's awesome.

kellogs

Crunchy
    Years
    Im pretty sure it's Red Gyarados,they seem to have made it very sparkly(a wild Edward has appeared!), I really hope they don't leave it out because he was the easiest shiny to get :D

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
    I would bet it's in, as I seem to remember it being something you have to fight. You also had to fight it to get the Exp.Share, and that has to be in there. I personally hope they make it look amazing when it's splashing around in the lake, like you're walking up to a legendary.

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
    Pfah, Gyarados, who cares.

I want them to bring back the Extremespeed Dratini that you get from the Elder in the Dragon's Den in Crystal. :D

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    That same clip was shown to the people who previewed the new Arceus movie, except without the censor. It is confirmed. It is the Red Gyarados.

Also I agree with Chronicedge. I want my Extremespeed Dratini back!

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
    I guess there always is the possibility that it's non-catchable :P Most likely not the case, but I guess it could happen :P

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
    People don't seem to get that a remake means that nothing from before is taken out, only new stuff is added.

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    Yeah. I mean it is a no brainer that the Red Gyarados is going to be in there. This is a remake of the original GS games and the Red Gyarados was in the original. There is no reason to take it out so yeah.

Remember, HGSS are remakes of the GS games so almost everything in the original games will be in there.

キラキラ

KiraKira
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2011
    ^ I don't agree with taking the shine away from Gyarados, that was a special part of GSC that hasn't been done since then. It's just a part of the Johto experience.

And wasn't a ROCKET Signal causing mutations in the Magikarp?

ktn

Years
    well this sucks. all the time i wasted trying to get a shiny magicarp and now i can just catch a shiny garados normally (sigh) at least i'm getting soul silver anyways

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    Of COURSE there'll be the red Gyarados in the game. If there wasn't one, the games wouldn't be complete, since the red Gyarados is an essential part of the game's storyline.

Back