• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Renders Thread

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    If you have any renders, post them here!

A render is basically an image that has been cut away from it's background, using a program like Adobe Photoshop, GIMP, or Apophysis.

Sawyer said:
    A render is, in particular, an image rendered in a (usually) 3D program. In other words, an artificial foreground.

In order to create a render, what is most commonly used is the polygonal lasso in Adobe Photoshop, and all it is is cutting away the image surrounding the character or object you want alone. There are plenty of tutorials on rendering if you search google.

• Broken Links/Images will be removed
    • Please report to one of the moderators if you find a painfully low-quality render
    • Please keep comments to a minimum.
    • If the renderer asks for credit, please, credit them.
    • No crude comments

Note; Remember, in order to get a render, you must 'Save Image As...', not copy paste.

Here's some of mine, incredibly old, but my only well-done renders. xD~

Seto Kaiba (Yu-Gi-Oh!)
    Kairi(Kingdom Hearts)

Last edited:

Sawyer

���
    Years
    A render isn't just any stock photo cut away from its background; a render is, in particular, an image rendered in a (usually) 3D program. In other words, an artificial foreground.

Shika

F o r e s t Wizard
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009
    Does this thread do Render Requests?
    -Not mentioned in the rules-

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2024
    Totally disregarding Sawyer's definition (it's just that we're all so lowbrow here :P), I'm willing to share some One Piece Renders, all nicely zipped into one large file. Ripped by this fellow here, you can also view them one by one instead of downloading them all at once.

Does this thread do Render Requests?
    -Not mentioned in the rules-
    If you have any renders, you can post them here. It's the first line of the thread. So in other words, no, you can't. If it were permitted, the thread would become clogged up with requests and drown out the useful render contributions.

There are numerous sites that host stock images. Maybe we should collate a list of those?

Marthmaster

The Graphic Alchemist
    Years
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2020
    The Renders Thread

https://deelekgolo.deviantart.com/art/Twirl-77422859
    The Renders Thread

https://deelekgolo.deviantart.com/art/Loop-77588428
    I havent posted on this forum in a while huh? What happened to scizz?

Idle.

Seriously.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2008
    @DEEhunter: Wow..the only best three letters to describe such renders masterpieces.Well done.

@Evilcheese: Very good.The edges are a bit rough but that could easily be fixed by a little erasing.Overall I would say very good. =]]

Pikachu Trainer~

PokéDex Project
    Years
    Hey would anyone be able to render an image for me? If so that would be great!
    Could someone render the bit with Ash & Lucario on at the bottom please.

The Renders Thread

Thanks In Advance
    ~Pikachu Trainer

Pikachu Trainer~

PokéDex Project
    Years
    Thanks Evil Cheese, It's good enough for me to use in a banner. I'm really greatful =D.
    What Programme do you use to render it? Because i'm thinking of using Photoshop, is there a tutorial on here for Photoshop?

Thanks Again
    ~Pikachu Trainer

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
    i dont know if this is on photoshop... but i use the paths tool to cut stuff out on gimp.
    btw, cool pic, i might use it in a banner.

Back