• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Repel

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    well if I could actually play the game I wouldn't mind, because then I get candy which makes pokemon stronger so I can have a really strong rattata

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Would other things appear in their place or would it just be filtering out that rubbish stuff with no replacement? If they just disappeared and that was it then I wouldn't ever use this - it isn't worth buying an item with coins just to have less buzzes and I still want the exp/stardust. If it replaced them with other Pokemon however then I would be a lot more interested and I'd almost certainly buy it.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I can imagine that later in the game they're a pest, but for trainers like myself who are still fairly low in level, Pidgeys, Weedles and Rattatas are an easy way of amassing stardust and candies so I don't mind them.

Repels would be a useful feature for later in the game, but as things stand, they're not something I would use.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    Zubats are a pest because they are such a pain to catch, I always catch every pidgey/rattata/weedle unless I'm really low on pokeballs. I'm level 22 now and it looks like stardust is something I might stop running out of soon, if that does happen then I would stop bothering catching them

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Unless they change the mechanics of the game to give more options in obtaining experience, stardust, or candies, I don't think I'd ever use a repel. All the little Pidgeys, Rattatta, Weedle, and Caterpie are just too useful. As long as they're low CP, it's quick experience when catching them and lots of experience when you evolve them. I don't wanna give that system up.

Maybe if more uncommon Pokémon appeared in their place, but otherwise they're no bother. If I really don't want to catch them, I just won't engage them.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    What I'm wondering is when they add the other generations will a majority of the annoying spawns such as Pidgey, Rattata, Weedle, Caterpie, Spearow and Venonat be replaced with Pokémon similarly annoying spawns from later generations such as Sentret, Ledyba, Hoothoot, Spinarak, Poochyena, Zigzagoon, Wurmple, Taillow, Wingull, Luvdisc, Starly, Bidoof, Kricketot, Combee, Patrat, Pansage, Pansear, Panpour, Pidove, Bunnelby, Fletchling and Scatterbug.
    As well as the baby Pokémon introduced in Gen 2 and 4.

At that point you will be high leveled and will have to capture 400cp Bidoof and Bonsly.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    Im hoping that when the later generations come in they can put more effort into making some Pokemon really common in certain areas and rarer in others.
    In the main series games the common Pokemon weren't the most common in every area, lots of areas should be overrun with grass or fire or rock types depending on what sort of land is around. Also in the games most Pokemon were found in between towns and hardly any actually in towns but in Go it's the opposite

Years
  • Unless it replaced the spawns with better Pokemon, I wouldn't be interested.

Hate on Pidgey all you want. That little workhorse has gotten me to level 22.

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Sep 22, 2017
    As annoying as it is to see Rattata and Pidgey everywhere, I still catch those commons to get stardust and xp.

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2016
    It's good do get many same pokemons for candy. Catching as many as you can, later you can evolve them from pidgey to pidgeotto need 12 candys and you get 500xp with lucky eggs 1000xp. It's good for fast leveling.
    https://youtu.be/SqQkuPeCZiM hope this video could help you, watch it from 4:40.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • Catch them all! All the experience!

I actually get a little bummed when I can't hoard enough Pidgeys and Weedles to bulk evolve and gain that delicious experience.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Catch them all! All the experience!

I actually get a little bummed when I can't hoard enough Pidgeys and Weedles to bulk evolve and gain that delicious experience.
    Pretty much in agreement here! I do love finding new stuff and it's very exciting but there are only so many Psyduck or Meowth I can come across before wishing I'd see the dull brown flap of a puny Pidgey's wings :p I'm getting more and more desperate for exp every day with how long level-ups are taking now so I'll take any tiny rodent or birdtrash I can find!

Back