• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Return of the Avatar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    "Cloaker!" An earthkingdom man greeted me, and I nodded to him to show that I'd heard him. That was the man that was always at the bar whenever I visited. I didn't stop to talk to him, and he didn't stop to talk to me. Cloaker was a silent person, who was only seen wandering around. It was nice change for me, as I wasn't the cheerfully annoying Lele.

Stepping into the local bar, there was a half drunk soldier who was telling a story, with absolutely everyone crowded around him. People parted to let me stand in the front, knowing that I was supposedly the peddler of stories. He was making wild handmovements that brushed every particle of air he could reach, and he was wobbling dangerously on the stool in his drunken stupor.

"Huge ships! They move fast, as fast as a reindeer at top speed!" He was saying, "They're powered by the Northern Water Benders, and they're Fire Nation grade! It's amazing I tell you, amazing and disturbing! They're all headed for the Southern Tribe!!"

Everyone gasped except me, and they started yelling at the Fire Nation, and the Northern Water Tribe for things like, treason, traitorous acts, and idiocy. I held up my thickly gloved hand, that no longer looked like the elegant hand that was really mine, but instead the rough thick hand of a traveler, thanks to all the gloves. Everyone looked at me and I picked up a nearby brush and someone handed me a piece of parchment.

I dipped the brush in the elaborate ink bottle and work quickly, telling the story of the Northern Tribe's greed and the Fire Nation's wish for Revenge in a single picture. Everyone understood, and those that didn't were explained the story in words. I showed the reindeer and rhinoceros that belonged to them, and the people of the Southern Tribe bowing to the Northern Tribe. Someone decided they wanted the quick brush art, and paid me 5 gold for it, and paraded it around the village.

The truth, that I knew would eventually be blurred with lies. Under my hood I smirked and left the bar, having known of this news for quite some time. Returning to my little shack on the edge of the village, I ripped off my cloak and gloves, depositing them in the wardrobe and revealing my Lele outfit underneath, and the long natural green hair I had. Leaving from the back and going around the village so that nobody saw me, I returned to the village, oohed and ahhed at the man who'd bought my picture and was now repeating the story, and gathered as much news as I could, to send back to the Fire Nation via the real Cloaker, my hawk that was now perched upon my shoulder.

~ + ~

I stood, staring unblinkingly at the screaming townspeople. Lifting my arm, I heard a trickle of water rise behind me, and moving my arm in a graceful arc, I shot the water through a man, the water turning to ice just as it touched his sleeping clothes and stabbing through him. Smirking as I watched him die, I finished off the rest of his family, in the same manner. Letting the now red water splatter over a child, terrifying him, I continued to hone the blank expression I always wore.

A nearby water bender, also in his sleeping clothes removed the water from the child and threw it aside, commencing a fight with me. How foolish. I lifted both my arms to the lightening sky and a torrent of water rose behind me, and the water bender prepared himself to deflect the flood that was headed straight for him. As the water nearly collided with him, he held out his arms and cut through the water as though it were a peice of paper, but the rest of the water curled backwards, freezing into ice as it slammed into the bender from behind him.

The fight was getting dull, so while the man was on the floor, I stabbed a sliver of ice through his chest, pinning him to the dirt and driving the ice deep into the ground. I opened my fist slowly, and felt the ice taking root in the ground and spreading over his back. It would root the man there until he dissolved with the ground, and the thought almost brought a smirk to my lips.

Almost.

I turned around from the flaming village that was being ravaged by cannon balls, ice, and flames. Staring out at the clear ocean the blood red rising sun, I knew that soon, the Fire Nation would destroy this tribe. The sun was rising, and the moon leaving it's worshippers in the dust. Including myself. Closing my eyes I waited for the rush of energy that I felt at night drain away from me, and heard a step crunch on the ice. I opened my silvery eyes and turned to look at a little girl who was staring at me with wide eyes.

"Why?" She asked me in a voice that wasn't sad, merely curious.

I lifted my hand threateningly, but she didn't run off. Simply stared at me with wide eyes.

"You're awfully brave." I said quietly, lowering my hand and feeling a tendril of water rise up behind me, "So go die at someone else's hands." I raised my hand again and backslapped the air, causing the water to speed around me to follow my hand and slap the girl, and push her towards the fire benders. I felt a beam of sunlight hit my neck, and the water shivered, and fell to the icy floor, slowly freezing from the icy cold of the ground.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2008
    "Tiao, wake up, you must leave now!" whispered Lei with urgency and panic. He was vigorously shaking Tiao, who was in a deep sleep. "The Northern Water Tribe and the Fire Nation Soldiers are here!"

"Mmm? Why are you waking me up so early, Lei?" said Tiao grumpily, wiping his eyes. "What's going on?"

"We musn't draw attention here!" whispered Lei. "You must go now!"

Tiao could here loud cannons going off, and he could here women and little children screaming everywhere. He heard the building fall with a tremendous roar. Tiao, fully awake now, began to get dressed.

"Where are we going to go Lei? What are we going to do?" said Tiao as he put on his vest and shorts. "Whats going to happen?"

"I dont know, Tiao," sad Lei. "All that matters is that i get you to safety. You must leave, now, and i shall remain behind to help the other Elite benders with the fighting."

"No! I wont leave you Lei!" said Tiao angrily. "What if something happens to you? What if you get captured? You're the only family i have!"

"That's a risk that we'll have to take, Tiao," said Lei sadly. "But you must leave now! I have arranged for one of my air bender friends to take you away from here. His name is Nok, and he will be disguised as an old man, he will be waiting for you at the ocean."

"But Lei..." began Tiao, but was cut off.

"Listen, I dont have time for this!" said Lei worriedly, pushing Tiao out the back door. "All that matters is you get away from here undetected! Here, take these." he handed Tiao a pair of brass knuckles, which his own father had given him. "Follow the path to the ocean, and Nok will be there."

"Okay!" said Tiao, putting on the brass knuckles. "I wont let you down!"

He hugged Lei at that moment, and then ran off into the woods, along the path to the ocean.

"I love you, my boy," said Lei, as he watched Tiao run off.

Lei then ran back through the house, running out the front door, charging off into the fight.

When Tiao got to the ocean, he saw the old man waiting for him. He had a giant bison by his side.

"Are you Nok?" asked Tiao, surveying the man.

"Yes, you must be Tiao," said the man kindly. "Lets go, i will explain to you more when we get to the Air Temple."

"Okay," said Tiao. "Lets go."

They both got on the flying bison, who, with one mighty flap of his tail, put them in the air. As they soared off into the skies, Tiao looked back at the Southern Water tribe. It had once been a beautiful place, but it was now ablaze with fires and screaming. He looked back sadly, wondering if he would ever see Lei again.

Dark Night

Skitsofrantic all out runner!!
    Years
    We had reched the shores of the Southern Water Tribe. They weren't even aware that we were here. They were all asleep comfortably in their beds, to awake to see everyone they knew dead, or not to awake at all.

I had been awoken as soon as the land was spotted. It took me a while to get dressed, I finally got to the deck. I saw all the Fire Nation and Northern Water tribe soilders ready on deck. All awaiting to get on land.

As we reached the land, I ordered the soilders to get moveing. I had been put in charge of a segment of the army since I was an elite bender. I got off the ship as well and made my way to a hut. I didn't want to be in command, I didn't want to kill, but my Nation needed me. I killed all the family without one sream from them. I wouldn't be able to continue if I heard sreams. A water bender came out of his hut preparing to battle me, I broke his arms with a round kick before he could do anything. I formed a fire arrow that went strait through his lungs. He was gone before he knew it. I looked away as he fell to the ground. I continued to battle and kill all those in the village. I saw a Northern Water tribe soilder standing infront of a small girl. Oh no! He wouldn't kill her! I saw that as about he was going to hit her, the water dropped. The Sun had come out now, the water benders would be weaker now.

As I walked around the burning village I saw something up in the sky, it was big. No doubt someone trying to escape. I summoned as much fire as I could and tried to hit the flying object, I barely missed it.

~~~~~~
    Sorry I was late!

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    "Ugh." I said, dropping my act as I sat down on a boulder next to the stream. Stupid Earth Kingdom. How I hated them and their cheerful region, their people that seemed to constantly be worrying about everyone else but themselves. It was called selfishness, and they needed to learn what that word meant, and practice it. In this world, it was every woman for herself, and I knew that well.

I leaned back and steadied myself by placing my hands behind me on the smooth stone. I probably shouldn't drop my act until I'm safe in my shack. Sighing, I summoned a smile to my lips and leaned my head back, feeling the sun on my face. Oh how great the wonderful sun, my bright savior from the moronic water benders and earth benders that surrounded me. I would forever be loyal to this sun, whether I had the folly to turn tail on my Nation, or whether I was wise enough to destroy the Earth Kingdom through my knowledge.

I wanted to hear the sounds of the Southern Water Tribe screaming, the flames engulfing their village faster then they could put it out, the explosions of cannons and creaking of collapsing buildings. But no, all I heard were soft birds signing around me. Lele felt soothed and joyful, without a care in the world. A-Lu felt like throwing up and burning the birds to a crisp. Cloaker felt nothing.

~ + ~

Sighing, I snapped my fingers and four tendrils of ice floated around me, in elongated swirls as they followed me from the beachfront into the village. Sure I wasn't as powerful, but then again neither were the other water benders. I set the water after a family of four, still standing only at the edge of the village and killed them just as their screams of terror ended. My face continued to draw a blank.

After I sent my water after a couple, and two children and watched them die, I balled up the water into a red sphere of ice and caught it in my hand, waiting for anyone foolish enough to get near me and try to attack.

I silently watched people flee, and run, trying to escape from an ineviatble fate. Casually tossing the red sphere up and down in my hand as though I saw this everyday, I waited for it all to end. For the place to become the deathsite of this pathetic village. For everything to become as silent as I was now. I fashioned a sword out of the ice ball and threw it at a woman who was advancing towards a child, to try and protect it from the flames. She died just before she reached the poor kid, who started to cry.

See now, what life and death did? Returning the water to my ice ball, the sphere grew redder with the womans blood now mixed in and again, I waited, never really one to give the upper hand.

SilverTail

Noble Warrior of Woodsclan
    Years
    ((ok, black is haru, and blue is kira))

i was practicing with kira as teh first cannonballs hit. "kira! we have to go!" i said, looking over at her
    "yea, lets go!" i said, nodding and running over to him and dodging a fireball that was coming at me "aww man, not now!"
    "dont worry, we can do this together" i said, getting ready
    "yea, lets do this, twin style" i said, standing with my back to him "push"
    "and pull" i said, finishing her sentance and pushing adn pulling the ice below his feet, melting it and making him sink, freezign it above him and running with her
    "lets go" i said following him, knowing where he was going
    i ran into a secret tunnel my sister and i had created a while ago, sealing it behind her with her help
    i helped him seal it up, teh wall now 7 feet deep "now, weve got to get"
    "to the boat, i know, lets go" i said, taking her hand and running, putting my hand on teh ground and making out footprints outside dissapear
    "good idea, weve got to cover our tracks" i said, runing with him and down teh tunnel to the boat, getting in adn waiting for him
    "just like we practiced" i said, moving my arms in circles, bending the water around the boat and moving it
    i moved my arms the same way, doubling our speed as we ran from our home, leaving everyone behind, luckily we had no family or friends to care about, or it would have taken longer to leave
    "its going to take us a few days to get to well, any where, lets just hope noone finds us before we get there" i said, knowing she was thinking the same thing, moving my arms faster and making us go faster

((got the idea from the swamp episode's water benders))

water&icepower

Specialty Trainer
    Years
    The soldiers had reached the land and were heading up the hill where Yoshi was standing. 'I wish I could help, but my powers are weak and i'm still learing to water-bend.' He hated not being able to help. He felt useless and worthless when he couldn't do anything at a time like this. A woman had come up the hill, she looked preety old to be running but it was worth her life. She had looked at him and was shocked that he was just standing there and not escaping.

He didn't know where to go. So he followed her to a seaside cove on the other side of the island. he found a few of the people who had escaped already there, untying ropes tied to the boats. These were used for fishing but in a time like this, they needed them for escaping. He jumped into one and felt really bad about himself for not doing anything. From the side he could see the once proud Southern Water Tribe now in ruins because of the soldiers that came.

Then he noticed something, 'The emblems, the Fire Nation, The Northern water Tribe, can this be?'. No, how could the Fire nation and Northern Water Tribe be together in this. He knew that the Northern tribe never really liked the Southern Tribe, but he didn't think that they would go this far. He was struck in awe as he saw what was happening to his home.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shigeru watched and supervized as the last temple of the Air nomads was being rebuilt. He was proud that the Air Nomads had regained their strength and were growing in size and number every year. He was also proud that he had just got positioned as an Elite Air Bender, a week earlier. The Air Nomads were in desperate need for a protection force and were recruiting many new people. He was one of them that had worked so hard to get this position at such a young age.

Suddenly a soldier came up to him, "Sir, we have reports from the earth Kingdom that the Northern water Tribe & Fire nation has joined forces and had attacked the Southern Water Tribe earlier this morning."

"Make sure to patrol our temples and people. We will avoid this war as much as we can, but prepare for any sign of atack."

"Yes sir!" the soldier said affirmatively.

'No, but how?... how did the Fire nation regain such strength? it has been a few decades but they had been dwindling during these past few years.... and the Northern Water Tribe, why?.... why would they join allegiances with the Fire Nation?... yes, The Northern Tribe, had always had something agasint the Southern, but to this extent?' he said to himself and was worried. What if this led to another...war?... he din't have the time to solve the mystery jsut yet and was getting ready to report these terryfying news to the people.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    After doing off with my own share of the village population, I returned to the beach front and cleaned off the blood on my hands by submerging them in a sphere of clean water, after disposing the bloodied one onto the icy ground. Washing off any bit of blood I could find on myself, I threw the now pinkish water onto the puddle of blood I'd made and returned to the ship. The village was smaller then I'd expected, either that, or many had fled. I wouldn't bother myself to follow after them.

It would be easy to pluck them out one by one. Getting closer to the ship I'd come on, I glared in annoyance at the booming cannons, hating the loud noise that was such a difference when compared to the creepy silence that ensued in my prison for four years. It bugged me, but I climbed up the ramp anyway, ignoring the confused stares of others who wondered why I was coming back already- without a single scratch on me.

It's not like I'd participated in the actual fight. I'd just gotten rid of the stragglers that tried to get to the beach front, just left of where the fire nation ships were docked. They were fools, and I was amazed by how many fools I'd killed. I'd expected one or two. What I got was 10 or 12.

Just goes to show how much the tribe deserved it. Their own stupidity would be their eventual downfall.

Dark Night

Years
    I saw the Northern Water Bender I had seen eariler continue to kill those who stood in his way. I watched him kill a woman, probably a mother. I can't beleive that I'm just sitting here watching all this killing. I mean, I was even the one to order it to happen!

I saw two twins running away. I decided to let them go. We had killed enough, we could always get them later. For now, the village was gone and most of the people in it.

I decided we should head off. I ordered my company back to the ship we had come off of.

Last edited:

xxxSakura

桜の姫 ♡ Formely xoxkris
    Years
    Name: Yukishiro Haruhi [Haru-ki]
    Allegiance: Earth Kingdom
    Title: Beginning Bender

Description: Haruhi is a beautiful young lass with cerulean blue eyes and long, thigh-length hair which is tied into a ponytail. Haruhi's hair colour was naturally black, but she dyed it into pale pink. She has shoulder-length fringe which is something like Sakura's from Naruto, and small, shiny star ornaments on her ponytail.

Haruhi hangs a straw hat around her neck, making it lean on her back. Strange enough, though long hair over the waist's ugly for almost everybody, Haruhi seems to be the cutest with it.On the right side of her head lies a small flower[the peony].

Haruhi wears a typical pale rosy, cotton minidress. It is divided into 2 parts, the top a shirt and the bottom a miniskirt. The top is an impression of an off-the-shoulder shirt with its transparent sleeves. She wears a black handpatch. On her back is a big straw hat that hangs from her neck[ it has a garland of different kind of flowers like roses, carnations, chrysanthemums, etc weaved onto it by Haruhi]

The skirt is slightly more complicated . It has a shallow cut from its hip on the right all the way to the end of the dress[Like the one Temari had when she aided Shikamaru]. The bottom is actually like a super short but flexible miniskirt but the shorts are never seen in any kind of position. Haruhi prefers to show off her long and agile tanned legs. After that, a pair of green leg warmers bunched around white boots end the whole outfit. Actually, Haruhi also wears a polo-neck dark sweatsuit with shorts attached to it[unviewable].

Haruhi has dangling, shining earrings in her double-pierced ears. On her left ear is a feather earring and one dangling Beutfily earring. Her left is the same, except the Pokmon was Butterfree, and she a crystal clear locket with five different chibi-bells on it.

Personality: Haruhi is an energetic and hyper lass with a cheerful and outgoing outlook, and a great passion for drawing and singing. Her happy-go-lucky and bubbly personality may cause her to land straight into trouble, but she believes that happiness is the cure for all. Haruhi -chan is very cute but her indolence is only revealed within her trusted friends, meaning to say that she's really her lazy self in front of her familair pals. Loyal and carefree, this elegant and creative pre-teen is somewhat selfish too. Haruhi yearns for praises, but she doesn't like it when people talk bad about her. Her small little brain will instantly teach her how to spite them back. Usually she uses her smartness for good purposes but when she gets fuming, her glare's the scariest part. Haruhi is shy to strangers but very open to her companions. Only her true friends and Pokemon know what she's like: Cheerful, happy-go-luck, optimistic. Of course, enduring her rare selfishness is not part of their timetable- they know when not to and when to insult the sweet and generous Haruhi.

Another part of Haruhi is her talent for singing and drawing. An elegant ice-skater, she also has the rare ability of understand things in a short period and keen senses.

History: Haruhi was borned on a mountain hill forest, unusually. Earth Kingdom was very beautifly with fauna and flora, but the village that stands out most happens to be Haruhi's. Her mother, Yukiko, insisted that she give birth to her children on the hill top. Thus, Haruhi was borned around fauna and flora, delicate flowers and tall, lush trees. It was a beautiful scenery at that particular forest, so Haruhi spent ehr freetime with the wild animals there. Nature has been part fo her life since she was borned, although she has the temper of fire, lightness fo air, and calmness of water.

Haruhi lives with her parents, 3 grandparents, the two helps, her younger siblings, Psyche and Peony, and finally, her 2 older siblings, Akira and Naru. Her maternal grandmother had passed away, while her maternal grandfather, Ojichan, goes to the woods to chop wood everyday. Her paternal grandfather, Kyon, helps maintain her father, Fujitaka's stall. Her grandmother, Hanaki is sickly due to her illness, and Yukiko earns some money by being a doctor and horse-trainer at the same time. The help, Ayame, doesn't get paid, she stays with the Yukishiros since Akira saved her life. The other help was Ayumu, an airhead-like pre-teen who have been found fained near the bank of the lake. Psyche and Peony are twins who are at the age of 12, while Naru and Akira are 19 and 17 respectively.

Haruhi's lost twin -Kasuga- was kidnapped at the age of 6, around a week before Haruhi started to train with the 6 year old genius in the village. Kasuga was napped while she wandered around in the market when both Haruhi and her were collectign groceries Yukiko had ordered. It was their daily routine, so the market knows the twins very well. However, while Haruhi was collecting the cabbages, Kasuga wandered off like never before, and disappeared forever.

Nevertheless, Haruhi started to train under the skills genius. Her Master's name was Jyuo, and he was an exceptional talented boy at the age of 4. Jyuo is very skilful in archery, and he found Haruhi's same talent as him, so they started to train together everyday at the same bank where they found Ayumu. Ever since then, Haruhi has been respected and well-known around that area she lived in, not only within her village. Originally ofered the position of Elite, Haruhi delayed it just to find Kasuga, which she did not, so she had to begin from a Beginner.

Lately, Yukiko adopted a pair of twins baby, Kazuki and Kazuko. They were a pretty pair, so now Ayumu's job is to look after them, while Ayame does the household chores, with Psyche and Peony helping her as soon as they get back from school.

Other: Haruhi means Srping Hope while Kasuga means Spring Day. Also, Haruhi has a phobia of spiders and she's allegic to smoke and alchohol. Her Billabong slingbag[wow, Billabong in those days?!] contains her daily necessities, a sketching book, her pencil case and some other stuff. Haruhi also has a small cute puppy[looks like s shihzu], a female named Sakura.

Name: Kasuga
    Nation: Earth Kingdom turned Air Normad.
    Title: Elite Bender

Description: Kasuga has natural pale pink hair, but she dyes it into a beautiful shade of pale green. Kasuga also sports invisible braces, and she wears lush green contact lenses over her sharp, teal eyes. Kasuga 's hair length if about that of Sakura from Naruto, after she cut her hair with a kumai.

How Kasuga looks like before being kidnapped
    Kasuga's new look
    Outfiy\t

Surprisingly, Kasuga doesn't look much like Haruhi before she disappear, but after she turned up in the Air Normad, she changed her whole outlook.

Personality: Kasuga doesn't really remeber her past-she gets a spiltting headache when she forces herself to. The only scenes she remebers are those of happy memories with her twin in the forest, looking after their younger siblings, being hugged by their older siblings, so on. However, despite reminiscing those, she still could not catach a glimpse of her dearly twin, whom she loved so much [NOT those of relationship love] as a sister. Soemhow, the clearest scene seems to be the one in the forest, but the radiance of the sunlight shone through her twin's face, so however hard Kasuga tried, she couldn't get it right.

Kasuga is a pretty aloof villager girl at first in the kingdom of Air Normad. She simply refuses to talk to anybody. The family who rescued her soon abandoned her, living her to fend for herself, How she got there, nobody knows. However, due to her rescuing a drowning child, everybody soons tried to open a conversation with her, teaching her the meaning of friendship.

After that, Kasuga' personality becoems much like Haruhi's, but not as cheerful as hers, of course. Kasuga's personality is pretty sort of a happy girl, everyday happy type. She treasures friendship and love the most, and everybody in her town knows it. Like how Haruhi was popular in her village, Kasuga was popular in her town, mainly because of her happiness that touches every single soul she knew. Kasuga's personality is somewhat happy, flirtatious and sweet.

History: Kasuga's history was breifly detailed in Haruhi's. There's some more here;;

Kasuga wandered away, attracted by a strange light. Soon, she lsot track of where she was heading for, and continued walking straight. Kasuga did not notice the huge river. One last step could be heard before the bloodcurling bawl when her body tromped into the rushing river, swished away by the strong currents...

After being rescued by the Air Nation, Kasuga's personality was still fresh, not yet developed. She didn't talk to anybody, which causes the family to abandon her, leaving her to fend for herself. Clueless like an airhead, Kasuga wandered to another town, a small town, where everybody knows each toher too well. The souls there were kindhearted to let Kasuga stay, but soon they found out that Kasuga didn't interact with anybody. Thus, they disregard her, and except for the laundry woman who was supposed to give ehr food, nobody communicates with Kasuga.

Presently came one fine day, where Kasuga saved young Atsuko from the same river. Every citizen in that town respected her, that when Kasuga learnt the true meaning of respect, love and friendship.

Kasuga trains alone with a simple dagger, she was so strong that she soon upgraded to an Elite. She was given the dangerous mission of spying at one point-the Fire Nation-. Kasuga studied the people there, and pretended to be a newcomer at [A-Lu]'s city. Soon she learnt some city secrets, and locations of bases, etc. After that, she simply vanished. It was only then where the people learnt that she had been a spy. While in the Fire Nation, Kasuga's alias was Qian Yi[which was the name of her Air neighbour].

After that, Kasuga was sent onto another mission into Earth Kingdom-to check if they have any means of invading the Air Nation. Kasuga too changed into Earth clothes, and noted Earthling's habits and culture to fit in with them. She didnt found it heard as her natural personality was enough to mix with them.

Other: Kasuga is trapped forever in the dark realms of... Her phobia of heights. While she's a great pilot in the air, she couldn't overcome her phobia of heights, so whenever she has an air mission, she will scream like mad until she's completed the flying time.

SilverTail

Years
    ((pokemon? ok....i thought this was avatar...))

we continued to waterbend our boat, now knowing where we would end up.
    "look! a flying bison!" i said, pointing up "and theres a waterbender on it!"
    "really?" i said, looking up, seeing that she was right."come on, what if their from teh norther tribe? we have to hurry" i said
    "yea, lets go" i said, going back to my waterbending "we arnt going to be able to keep this up all night haru, were going to have to stop soon" i said worriedly
    "i know, but we'll get through this, dont worry" i said smilng back at her

water&icepower

Specialty Trainer
    Years
    (this is avatar DM8000. where did you get Pokemon from? and DM800 i 'm going to ask you to type at least a paragraph in your posts because another rolplay had almost got cancelled beause many pepole were typing one-liners.)

xoxkris you have been Accepted

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2008
    Tiao woke to the afternoon sun shining upon his face. He had briefly dozed off a few minutes after he had left the Southern Water Tribe and got on the flying bison. He sat upright, looking around at the miles and miles of ocean that surrounded him.

"Are you hungry, Tiao?" asked a soft voice from behind him. "I have some sushi here if you want any."

Tiao turned around and saw the air bender speaking to him. "Oh, sure," he replied with almost a laziness in his voice. "Thank you, i havent eaten anything since yesterday."

"You are quite welcome," said Nok, smiling slightly. "I couldnt expect you to go on a long journey like this and not have a snack."

"Where are we going Nok?" asked Tiao. "How long will it take us to get there?"

"We will be heading to the Northern Air Temple," said Nok. "We will be arriving there sometime at dusk."

"Oh, okay," replied Tiao. He really missed Lei, and wondered what had happened to him. "How do you know Lei?" asked Tiao.

"Its a long story, young Tiao," said Nok. "But I will answer all questions that you may have when we reach the Air Temple."

Tiao replied with an "okay" and continued to look around. He could see through the clear waters of the ocean. He had remembered all the times Lei had taken him fishing and swimming there, all the fun times they had shared. Then reality began to sink in. He very well may never see Lei again. As he thought about this, he felt a tear roll down his cheek. He wiped it and went back to sleep.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    OOC: In other words, a bunch of quotes doesn't count as a paragraph. Hmm...Pkmn Prodigy, do you mind if the woman Zephyr killed was Lei? Or do you want Lei to live through this?

IC:Maybe I was a little over my head. I decided, returning to my resident shack. There didn't seem to be anything for Lele to do, so I threw on my cloak and gloves. Tucking my hair under the neckline of the cloak, I pulled up the hood, and smeared a little bit of charcoal across my chin. The hood was big, and low, therefore, covered most of my face, but even I need to breath, so the only visible part was my chin. The material was thin enough for me to see perfectly through, and yet, nobody could see me from the outside in. It was a magical fabric, I had decided when I was first given it.

A man was standing on the pedestal, speaking about Southern Tribe refugees that would arrive sooner or later. I smirked, and listened quietly, without bothering to make people part for me, though some glanced at me every now and then. Cloaker was extremely respected in the town, and Lele, was known for her kindness and generosity. How she would buy a loaf of bread everyday, just for the children. Cloaker, A-Lu, and Lele didn't pay taxes to live in the village. Because, they lives just outside of it, on free land.

I pulled out a rolled piece of parchment that I'd prepared just for this moment, and I heated up the edge, throwing it the man's feet, and stood in a different spot before anyone could take a good look at who had thrown it. From heating the edge, the parchment caught small flame, and from the heat, unraveled to reveal a duplicate drawing of the sketch I'd done in the bar earlier, though smaller and much more detailed. It burned the Southern Tribe region first, then I directed it discreetly by moving my fingers, and it slowly moved to the Earth Kingdom's mass of land, then the flames hopped over the paper and burned the air temples before the flames disappeared.

A terrible omen, people called it, and I resisted the urge to laugh. How easily they could be fooled! Though everyone turned to look at Cloaker, and I remained silent.

"What does this mean?" A man asked in a hushed whisper.

As according to plan, I drew out the map to Ba Sing Se, and the Water Tribe symbol, including an S and everyone agreed, that Ba Sing Se would be the best place to take them. With the Fire Nation and Northern Water Tribe's power combined, it would be easy to destroy Ba Sing Se, and the remaining Southern Tribe members. I headed for the beach front, followed by 5 or 6 people who also volunteered to escort the refugees to Ba Sing Se.

~ + ~

Before, I could only hear my raspy breath as I held my shoulder with one hand and my other arm wrapped around my waist, in the position that had been most comfortable in prison, with my head facing the ceiling, messy silver hair draped across my eyes, that presently stared at nothing, while in prison, stared at the sliver of the moon the leaked through the crack in the stones the guards never noticed. It wasn't enough to water bend after being deprieved of sleep and food for so long, therefore, I was stuck in the prison for that much longer, and the moon dyed my skin the pale color it was now, and from stress and lack of sleep, my hair turned silver. Ironic, but true.

Maybe it felt sorry for me, and put some of it's divine life force in me, because I was sure I was one of the few to survive living in that prison. The guards would stop by every other month and clank a reindeer antler against the bars, and everyone would rushed forward to meet the noise. Suddenly, everything would be an uproar, but after rushing to the bars four times in my first year, I stopped being hopeful that someone had bailed me out. But four years unknowingly passed, and I had remained in the position I was in now, and then the antlers stopped in front of my cell, and the guard had unlocked the door, telling me I was now free to go.

People hissed at me as I walked past them, when I was leaving, but I could tell, that now, I had loved the utter silence of the prison. It wasn't noisy, like it would be soon enough, when the unwounded soldiers came back for drink, eating, noise, and then, they would all fall asleep again, and it'd be silent. Like the prison, except, it happened every day, instead of every other month. I knew that a coarse meal would be served for the after battle energy boost, but I planned naught on joining in the festivities of a victory. It was stupid, and useless, and now, I could hear the others, their heavy boots pounding on the floor. Fire Nation. Then I could hear light steps, like reindeer hide thumping against the metal of the ship. Water Tribe. I opened my eyes and without moving my head, turned my gaze to the metal door that lead to my single person quarters.

I didn't get along with others, they'd learned that the hard way the first time I stepped on the ship and was pushed into the public sleep room. I'd frozen a dome around myself and shot out spikes to anyone that got near me. It became a sort of game, to see if I was asleep or not, but I couldn't sleep. Not in the prescence of their whispering and chattering as they discussed battle plans and the such. I needed silence to sleep. Pure, utter, silence.

SilverTail

Years
    ((in the post above mine, they mentioned pokemon, i just thought it was strange))

we continued to move the boat twords the earth kingdom, startign to slow down to rest my arms. "we should be there about dawn tomorow" i said to my sister, looking and seeing she was asleep "or maybe dusk tomorow...we do need sleep" i said, sighing adn sitting down, waterbending a few fish out of the water and into a bucket for later. "theres an island up ahead...we can stop there for a while and eat..." i said, turning the boat twords the island, it covered in trees and bushes rather than ice and snow

Scottura

Searching for the Light...
    Years
    Can I still join?
    Name: Scott Wyvern
    Allegiance: Fire Nation
    Title: Beginning Bender
    Description: Around 5'8, with a bit of a toned body. His skin is slightly tanned from all the time he spends traveling. His eyes are a light brownish-red and his hair is the darkest black. His hair is a bit spiky but really messy. Around his neck is a gunmetal silver necklace or pendant in the shape of a crown. He has a scar coming from his right shoulder blade to his left rib on his back. His clothes are black pants, blood red long-sleeve shirt with a dragon inprint on the back, black and red sneakers. On his hands are some black fingerless gloves.
    Personality: Although he rarely admits it, Scottura is often quite withdrawn and introspective. He knows that there is a lot that he does not understand about himself, and this causes him to be irritable at times, and sometimes even to snap at friends. He changes for the better once he realizes that there are bigger problems than himself to deal with.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I immediately saw a good number of fishing boats. When they docked, I motioned silently, and split up the Southern Tribe accordingly, into five groups. They were all almost ready to leave for the village to collect supplies, but then a woman ran up to me and pleaded to let her go with her family. She pointed at a ragtag group of two children and one man, and I was infuriated that an entire family had escaped.

The woman deemed that I was infuriated at the pleading, and she instantly pleaded harder. The Earth Kingdom man that was her group leader told her that Cloaker was a loner, so he perhaps didn't understand. I slapped the woman before the Man could finish, and in drawing, explained that I had slapped her for groveling, when if she had asked, I would've simply moved her to the other group. And I also explained that I was no heartless Fire Nation soldier. Motioning her to the other group she thanked me profusely, and the Fire Nation in me wanted to throw up.

Sighing, I watched the group leave, and waited for stragglers, who weren't as fortunate as to reach the shoreline early. These stragglers would either be exhausted or wounded, I knew that because otherwise, they would've arrived with the others. There were so many that had escaped it made my blood boil. I would immediately send a note to the Lord, as this was something that needed to be known. That now, there was the Air, Earth, and a few Water bender's that could be potential enemies.

~ + ~

When the door to my room slammed open, creating a booming 'clang', and I saw many soldiers, both Water, and Fire Nation benders, lean out of their sleeping rooms and stare at me. I only knew of two other lone soldiers, and they were odd. One had gone insane inside the same prison as myself, therefore, was a mass killer and was always restrained, when not released into a battle, where he was bribed to attack only the enemy with food and water. The other was a fire bender who seemed to be afraid of being with other people while sleeping, or eating, or fighting.

So it wasn't everyday that a lone soldier left his quarters. I felt rather odd, with everyone staring at me and deciding which rumored lone soldier I was. The one that was insane? Of course not, they said, my posture was too upright and stiff for that. The one that was afraid of everything? Perhaps, considering how tense he is, but wasn't the rumor that he would run and scream on sight? He was probably that one who used those attacks that canceled everyone else's, the one that was so disgusted at being forced to sleep in the same room as other soldiers protected himself by attacking them whenever they came near. They decided, I must've been the one who loved prison as much as freedom.

They watched me walk to the kitchens, and a daring man called out, "That's the kitchens, there's nothing in there anymore- except bread and cheese."

I stopped, and another man slapped a hand over the other's mouth, whispering hurriedly, "You can't confront a lone soldier like that! They're unstable, and they're lone because they love killing as much as they might love the mothers that brought their victim into the world!!" I scoffed, and continued to the kitchens, ignoring their obviously insulting rumors. After managing to catch the bread that the frightened chef had tossed at me, I decided that, all this fear wasn't so bad. After all, fear of me was exactly what had tossed me into jail. Or, lack of.

Walking onto the decks, I was disgusted to see that the sun was still up, and immediately turned back inside, and slammed the door to my quarter's shut, so as no sunlight would get to me.

Dark Night

Years
    After finally having all the soilders rounded up the ships took off. I paced around my room. What did I do. I let so many walk off and no doubt the Fire Lord would here about it. Even though I was related to him, he wouldn't let me get off to easily. Especailly after that stunt I pulled with Daggon.

I walked out of my room, figureing the sun would help me to relax. As I was walking through the ship to the deck I saw 2 soilders, they were apparently makeing fun of another soilder. I walked over to them. "You two aren't trying to start something on my ship are you?!" I gave them an icy glare. I saw the other soilder the wre makeing fun of, it was a Northern Water Tribe soilder. "No, no, Ma`am!" they yelled back. "Good! Now get back to work and look for all those straglers that got away" I ordered, giveing another glare. I don't want anything to start on my ship. There's no reason for it! Just a couple of jerks that think they're better than everyone else. I recognized the soilder they had talking to. It was that lone soilder who attacked people if they got to near him, it was also the heartless soilder who had killed that mother. I felt like yelling at him, calling him a bloodthuresty murderer, but then realized that's what we were supposed to be. Bloodthuresty and heartless soilders. Forget it, Zecka! Just leave it!

I walked up to the deck and basked in it's warmth. It made me feel soo much better! See, there you go Zecka, just relax, just chill out! "Ah! This feels great!" It felt so good not to see people being killed. I closed my eyes and saw all those that I killed in coldblood, stareing up at me as they died. I opened my eyes and shook my head. It's okay, everything's fine. It's for your nation. I didn't close my eyes again, but enjoyed the scenery of the wonderful ocean.

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    OOC: I thought Zephyr was already...in his room. < <;; Or were you just backtracking?

water&icepower

Specialty Trainer
    Years
    Scottura is Accepted.
    ____

Our small boats had drifted off from eachother. Some were heading towars the Air Temples and some heading towards the Earth kingdom. I was in the mix of tribe people that were heading towards the Earth Kingdom. After a long voyage of nopthing but water in all of our directions we had finally seen land. And that land was part of the Earth Kingdom's territory. It was the largest land mass and was a perfect home for the Earth-Benders. We all looked up at the land and most of the terrain was brown and bland with some green spots here and there. As we got closer to the land we could see a small harbor with a few ships anchored in. All around the harbor we had seen flags of the Earth Kingodm's emblems, and felt good that this was safe territory. The Earth Kingdom, despite their gruff manner, had always been a sympathetic group of people.

Our few small fishing boats had tied ropes on a few docks. The harbor soldiers had let us in suprisingly easily, once we had raised our tribe's emblem. They probably had already heard the news. When we got out of our small and compact boats a number of Earth Kingdom soldiers were walking towards us. They had told us to come with them and had led us to the palace of their village. We already knew that we were going to speak to someone of importance in the Earth Kingdom for our sudden arrival. They had led us to a young looking brown-haired girl that was about five feet. She looked a a little young to be an elite bender, maybe she was top ranks amongst the soldier benders. We had waited and wondered what she would say.

I was over seeing the last construction phase of the last Air temple. It was a nice sight to see that we had established ourselves again and had a small array of soldiers for protection. We were a growing nation and many reports of new Air-Benders were coming in weekly. A soldier had come up to me in a hurry as if something was terribly worng. "Sir, we are seeing a small array of fishing boats along the horizon of our southern bay."

"Don't attack, I have a hunch its the Southern Water Tribe, raise our symbols and let them in. Then lead them to our Temple closest to where thay are arriving and I will tell the other elites to meet there as well. We will need to help these people for a while but we will not join this so-called war...we have our own problems to worry about." I ended this with a stern face and the soldier left and did as told. 'I wonder if the Fire Nation and Northern Tribe has followed them here,' he thought worriedly and went and told the news to the other elites.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back