• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Return of the Pokemon World Tournament?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I don't think timelines would have much of an effect on this; they could make some changes here and there, rename it, and bring back the feature, and not many people would be able to know that it's actually Pokémon World Tournament unless pointed out. Personally wouldn't mind it, but wound sort of wind up being disappointed if they sacrifice Battle Frontier (some other thing) for it. :( I love Frontier, and would definitely not like to see it go.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I think there is enough room for the Frontier and the PWT to co-exist. I was quite disappointed that B2W2 didn't add some facilities along with the PWT...or changed the Subway train into something bigger and better...

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I don't think PWT will make a return for the Hoenn remakes. I see PWT in BW2 as a substitute for a Battle Frontier, which the upcoming remakes will undoubtably feature.

I would like to see it happen but I'm not counting on it.

Ah, I guess that does make sense, since every game has something big after the E4 to do. Honestly though, if it doesn't return and the Battle Frontier does, I would still be a happy camper!

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • It'll be cool if the champion had Mega evolutions. Red could have Charizard. They could give Blue/Green Venusaur or Blastoise. Steven can have MegaAggron or if they add more MegaMetagross. Wallace could have MegaGyarados or if they add more MegaMilotic. Cynthia will have her MegaGarchomp. Alder will get...nothing? Unless they give Unova Pokémon Megas.

Maybe have Red, Mega Charizard X in OR and Y in AS, Blue have Mega Venusaur in OR and Mega Blastoise in AS, Lance could have a Mega Dragonite, and maybe add a Mega Volcarona and Mega Haxorus to Alder and Iris, respectively.

Years
  • For my sake Gamefreak, make PWT better this time.
    I can imagine a vast variety of trainers there, maybe the protagonists from the other games...nah it wouldn't be a good idea..
    Red could have Mega Venusaur/Blastoise/Charizard X or Y (it's random).

Years
  • The PWT was great in BW2, but I don't think it will find a place in ORAS, in my opinion it was more like a celebration of the 5 generations the pokemon franchise went through, and a conclusion of them with a new beginning on a new console with X and Y, plus I think they're going to include a revamp of emerald's battle frontier, and with it being much bigger than the battle subway in BW I don't see Game Freak putting the effort of having both the BF and the PWT in the same game.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    As much as I love the PWT, to me it was always obvious it wasn't canon (save the Driftveil Tournament), which is why characters such as Bugsy appeared not having aged a day. So in that sense, I'm sure it's possible to have the PWT similar to how it was in B2W2 (aka without Bugsy being 3 years old); however, I see no real point in bringing it back, at least for these games. I loved the eternal daylights out of the PWT, but why have that when they can reintroduce the Battle Frontier? Emerald was the first to feature it, after all. Having both is a possibility, but as was already mentioned on this thread, the PWT is essentially a replacement for the Frontier, so having both might be a bit overkill. Also mentioned was the desire to have Gym Leader rematches that provide money and experience, and I feel that having one would mean sacrificing the other (and again, Emerald featured the Match Call, so I see no reason not to go with it).

Basically, if we could have our (non-canon) PWT along with the Frontier and Gym Leader rematches, I'd be happy. But if having one meant sacrificing the other, I'd much rather go for the Frontier and rematches.

Years
  • Maybe have Red, Mega Charizard X in OR and Y in AS, Blue have Mega Venusaur in OR and Mega Blastoise in AS, Lance could have a Mega Dragonite, and maybe add a Mega Volcarona and Mega Haxorus to Alder and Iris, respectively.

While Iris appearing would break Canon (there is a high chance PWT isn't canon...wow maybe Giovanni did commit suicide in the Johto remakes...) it'll be cool to see her in the PWT. For some reason they decided not to include her with the other champions...

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    For some reason they decided not to include her with the other champions...
    It's probably because you can just battle her at the Pokemon League anyway. PWT was probably meant, at least in part, to allow players to battle Gym Leaders and Champions from previous gens on what was the most recent and up to date game.

Years
  • It's probably because you can just battle her at the Pokemon League anyway. PWT was probably meant, at least in part, to allow players to battle Gym Leaders and Champions from previous gens on what was the most recent and up to date game.

In that case they should've had normal gym battles against the Unova gym leaders with six Pokemon each...would've felt better about them leaving Iris out if that were the case.

Years
  • Pokémon World Tournament (PWT)

One thing that was introduced to Generation V (Black 2 & White 2) that fans absolutely adored (especially me) was the Pokémon World Tournament (PWT).

In this tournament you were pitted against Gym Leaders and Champions from every region pre-Kalos. This allowed us to fight familiar faces and provide us ample challenge against these nostalgic foes (such as Flannery)! I absolutely loved these battles to death.

In Generation III, we were introduced to the Battle Frontier which provided us exciting and amazing battles in unique and diverse ways, but for me, I wanted more.

My question is:

What do you think the chances of us seeing Pokémon World Tournament (PWT) make a gallant return in Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby? Do you think that it'll be included in the Battle Frontier? Would you like to see it make a return?​

The Return of the Pokemon World Tournament?

Last edited:

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
  • I highly doubt it would, mainly due to the fact that it was supposed to be the "After Game" for B2W2 and the "After Game" for Emerald was the Battle Frontier. I doubt they would add both, but it would be nice if they would.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I never played Emerald, So I never got the Gen3 Battle Frontier. It will probably be awesome.

PWT will return. But not in ORAS.

Back