• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Saddest Episode

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2024
    The saddest moment of all time which I don't know if counts as it was on a movie was where Ash thinks Celebi has died after treated bad by a Pokemon hunter who caught it to be evil in a dark ball. After then all his friends from the past and present come and bring him and the lake back to life. The music and emotion makes me cry every time I see it. There were a couple of episodes that I thought were really sad when I first saw them but I've sort of grown to them now and that's Bye Bye Butterfree and Gotta Catch You Later. Also Get The Show On The Road was where your going to think that Pikachu is going to blow up and Ash wants to jump off the cliff wanting to go with him as he is his best Pokemon friend of all.

Years
    I have to go with 'Charmander the Stray Pokémon.' Charmander's loyalty breaks my heart, especially in the scene it's out in the rain waiting.

When I was a kid the first Pokémon movie really upset me. But, like you mentioned about growing into them, now it's not so bad. Agree on Bye Bye Butterfree too.

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
    I think the saddest episode is when Ash release his Butterfree to the wild with its other friend, thats really sad...because it was his very first pokemon..

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
    Bye Bye Butterfree was good , but one that got me sad was when ash lose to richie this is at a time when the main protagonists weren't losing in their cartoons and this is gen 1 so there wasnt any news for any new pokemon except for marril so i really thought the pokemon anime was gonna end with Ash losing -_-

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    To me the saddest episode was "Snow Way Out" just because of the scene where all of Ash's pokemon were hugging him to keep him warm and he started to tear up. I cried like an idiot when I first saw that scene as a kid lol. Still pulls my heart strings to this day.

RetroFanatic

Warlock
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    I'll have to say "Pikachu's Goodbye." I was a huge Pikachu fan back then so that episode brought tears to my eyes.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2014
    The saddest episode for me would be when Ash says goodbye to lapras when it reunites with its mother.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    One of my saddest episodes, was when Team Rocket trio have to say goodbye to their first partners, Weezing and Arbok when they're rescuing captured Koffings and Ekans (it's not Team Rocket who captured these Koffings and Ekans btw).

Back