• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Samurai Champloo/Paranoia Agent/S-CRY-Ed Club

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Yes, concisely, that's exactly what happened in the past two weeks. I doubt I could add anything pertinent to what you said.

Terrible shame about Kimishima, I was just beginning to like him.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Chairman Kaga said:
    Yes, concisely, that's exactly what happened in the past two weeks. I doubt I could add anything pertinent to what you said.

Terrible shame about Kimishima, I was just beginning to like him.
    There were also a bunch of other small things that happened over the past two weeks (Asuka's fate after leaving HOLY, Kanami finding out the truth about Kazuma, Detective Ikari getting trapped in that fantasy world, et cetera).

And yeah, why'd Kimishima have to die?! They could've killed off somebody else, like, say, Emergy Maxfell or some other HOLY member. Why Kimishima, man?

Just what kind of a name is "Radar Man" for a superhero, anyway?

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    "Radar Man" is a terrible name; but apparently it's what he identifies with, though his deductions regarding the mystery of Shounen Bat had very little to do with any of his radar devices. Even "Pinch Crusher" is a better name than "Radar Man" (yes, two different animes, but the point remains the same)

It's definitely time for a HOLY member to die, as they haven't suffered at all during the course of the show. Emergy Maxfell would make a good choice, and though I would wish death on Ryuho more than anyone, unfortunately if that is going to happen it will be at the climax at the series.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    So, the last episode of Paranoia Agent aired last night. I suppose we ought to take this time to discuss our opinions on the show as a whole now that we've seen it all, or just thoughts on the last episode if you wish.

(s-CRY-ed discussion still welcome)

Kratos

ghostofsparta
    Years
    • Age 33
    • HFIL
    • Seen Apr 1, 2010
    Okay I'm here. That was great last night. Paranoia Agent was really good but gory when the little dog was ran over...**** Miromi...I told you guys and long time ago my theory was that Mimori was evil right?

And s-CRY-ed was awesome....especially that black thunder like alter user.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Paranoia Agent was just as surreal and weird as ever, what with the fantasy worlds, masses of weird black goo, and evil plushies. I also noticed the distinct lack of actual Lil' Slugger.

As for s-CRY-ed, well...Kazuma's gone nuts, that's all I have to say.

Kratos

ghostofsparta
    Years
    • Age 33
    • HFIL
    • Seen Apr 1, 2010
    Ha. Gone nuts thats nothing if you think that bad Jack wait till you see his real full alter power. so far I think that one he used last night was like maybe 40 % of his full alter power.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    I meant gone nuts as in mental instability, Kratos. He was talking to Kimishima's corpse, he went on that rampage, he nearly killed Scheris... Normal people don't go berzerk and attempt to speak with the dead, you know. Kinda like Tsukiko when Maromi got run over, only much more violent.

Kratos

ghostofsparta
    Years
    • Age 33
    • HFIL
    • Seen Apr 1, 2010
    I know what you meant when he you say he's gone nuts he's still gonna go more insane....

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Now we're all finally starting to see why s-CRY-ed is on adult swim and not toonami. I have a feeling that Kazuma is going to lead a long trail of blood because of Kimishima's death.

Does anyone else have a bad feeling Kaname is going to die?

Paranoia Agent was abstract and cryptic to the last. I found it unfortunate that the solution to the problem was not as amazing and fascinating as the problem itself...having Tsukiko confront her past in order to destroy Lil' Slugger, and that he was a physical product of her own mind instead of a creation of mass hysteria or an independent being. The devastation at the end of the show didn't do much for me either; it almost felt like they couldn't find a way to end it so they decided to destroy Tokyo.

...the show had its ups and downs, but despite the confusing and often pointless meanderings in the plot, it was still a great series.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Chairman Kaga said:
    Now we're all finally starting to see why s-CRY-ed is on adult swim and not toonami. I have a feeling that Kazuma is going to lead a long trail of blood because of Kimishima's death.

Does anyone else have a bad feeling Kaname is going to die?
    Yeah, I'm also starting to see why s-CRY-ed's on Adult Swim instead of Toonami. Kimishima's death has set into motion a rather bloody series of events that will result in either Kazuma's own death or the destruction of HOLY. Hopefully, Kanami will be spared from all the carnage.

We all know Ryuho is a living, breathing bag of filth, but assaulting Kanami is perhaps a new all-time low for him. Even that guy with the watermelons (I think his name's Urizane) had his reservations about doing such a thing to Kanami, and he's one of the more violent HOLY members, from what I've seen.

By the way, Straight Cougar mispronounced Kazuma's name. He said "Kazuya." Looks like Mimori's name isn't the only one he has trouble remembering...

Last edited:
    Back