• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Samurai Champloo/Paranoia Agent/S-CRY-Ed Club

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Well, you know what I mean about Reckless Fire...country of origin. And it's about 99% Japanese, 100% if you consider engrished words Japanese (as in Reckress Fire and Simpacy) XD In the entire four-minute song there are a couple of other english words, but I can't remember what they are.

Goatman56

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    I always liked the song :D. I just can't get used to how the shows end. Cause I always think something else is going to happen then its over.

Kasu-chan

her dearest wish~
    Years
    I would like to join! I really grew fond of these three awesome shows!

I love the Japenese song from S-CRY-ED! It's so awesome! The englsih words that were said were Reckless Fire, Sypathy, Drastic My Soul, and there's maybe another but I can't remember! ^^;

Samurai Champloo's lastest episode here was great! I felt so bad for Jin (sp?) but I think it was a good thing to let her go. Good episode though!

Paranola Agent-very cool and starnge show. The lastest episode was great, telling all kinds of folktales about the legend of Little Slugger.

Rikku-chan

♥Neko-Girl♥
    Years
    Yeah, This week's Champloo was awesome. I recorded it. I would wtach it again, but if my Grandmother heard some of the "Choice Words" on that ep she'd never buy me another DVD.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    I think it's safe to assume that there's no current topic, so let's just make one up right now.

A Japanese fighting beetle named Rodriguez... *giggles like a hyper schoolgirl* XD

Oh, and by the way, Kanami is NOT Kazuma's girlfriend. She's more like Kazuma's little sister, even though the two of them aren't really related.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    MistyMix89 said:
    I love the Japenese song from S-CRY-ED! It's so awesome! The englsih words that were said were Reckless Fire, Sypathy, Drastic My Soul, and there's maybe another but I can't remember! ^^;

Welcome! Actually, Drastic My Soul, Drastic Myself, and Spiral Sky are words from the ending song ^_^ If you look at the english translation of Reckless Fire, the lyrics are actually more complex and beautiful than any current english song.

Rikku-chan said:
    Yeah, This week's Champloo was awesome. I recorded it. I would wtach it again, but if my Grandmother heard some of the "Choice Words" on that ep she'd never buy me another DVD.

If my mom heard some of the things in the shows I watched, she'd never let me watch again o_o; My sister was crazy enough to invite her in to watch Paranoia Agent with us one night; but luckily she didn't accept the offer. It was the night that showcased Hiromi Chono/Maria, the schizophrenic prostitute o_o;

Jack O'Neill said:
    Oh, and by the way, Kanami is NOT Kazuma's girlfriend. She's more like Kazuma's little sister, even though the two of them aren't really related.

I'm glad that's the truth of the matter. I just know that anime girls come in all shapes, sizes, and voice pitches, so that threw me off. I'm glad that it's not what I thought it was <_<;

Years
    1. Wow I'm more spoiled than I thought. My parent's fine with me watching the show as long as I don't immatate them ( like lil slugger killing people ) :).
    2. Me? I've watched violent cartoons when I was little and was never scared so sword actions is not a problem.

Last edited:

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Believe me, it's not children who have become more sensitive over time, it's the animators. Look at the old Looney Tunes from the 1940s for example...they're full of gun violence and killing and pain-infliction and all sorts of things that would be deemed improper for television today. I think Paranoia Agent is fine for someone 15+, like most other animes. If someone doesn't know the difference between a cartoon and life by then, there's no hope for them =/

Goatman56

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Hahahahaha, my parents don't really care what I watch. Anyways, its Saturday and time for new episodes. I can't wait to see S-CRY-Ed!

Myrrh

Pokegirl909's True Love...
    Years
    I thought last nights Paranoia Agent was good, that guy was creepy though, he was like switching between before he was in the car, and when he was in the car. And then, when Lil Slugger was in the backseat, I was like RUN AWAY!!! OMG!! And the people showing Mellow Maromi didnt even care that the guy was dead!! Can you believe how shallow people are these days? Oh, and I got the Paranoia Series on DVD!! >_<!! I saw the last three episodes.....BUT...NO SPOILERS is one of the rules, so....I am staying quiet!!!

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    I loved Paranoia Agent last night...it's so novel for there to be an episode of an anime whose plot is to show the inner workings of an anime studio =p It was great, though. That man ended up killing everyone in the office, and then Lil' Slugger killed him. He deserved it <.<

Did anyone else notice how odd it was that there was a man in that office named Oda Nobunaga? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that the name of a powerful Edo shogun?

And Samurai Champloo was a clip show ;______________; I didn't know animes had clip shows.

Back