• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Sangyo Region [On Hiatus]

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
  • I think the map is fine, looks nice. So what all do we need to do with it? Come up with names and determine town order?
    Just names i believe and town order yep!

I have no ideas for that.

I'm willing to help though! Just say the word! x3

Just need help with the names and town order oh and critiquing the story would be nice cause i didnt exactly proofread it and wrote it quicker than my other stories.

Edit:i actually rewrote well everything and i also wrote up two new sections must be feeling inspired today haha so check it out and let me know what you guys think.

Welcome to the Sangyo Region
    Spoiler:

Before the war…(Revised)
    Spoiler:

The War…
    Spoiler:

June 13th
    Spoiler:

Present Day Sangyo
    Spoiler:

Will update the op soon in the meantime could use any advice you guys have .

Last edited:

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
    Years
  • I think you should make it paragraphs and not stick it in one.

I'm confused reading it since it's cluttered, giving spaces to clean it up would be nice.

Dedenne1

Years
  • I think you should make it paragraphs and not stick it in one.

I'm confused reading it since it's cluttered, giving spaces to clean it up would be nice.

Alright thats understandable it was done in a bit of a rush so i didn't do anything fancy once its inserted into the op it'll have paragraphs but it'll have scroll bars as well to make the post alittle shorter.

Dedenne1

Years

• The City Naming Event
    As the Sangyo Region really begins to form i could use some help with naming the cities and towns on the map. If you havent viewed the map yet or your new in can be found in the original post. As of current we have 12 towns that need names, a name for the island and possibly a better name for victory road and the pokemon league. The only city that currently has a name is the capital city or by its formal name Shuto City. Below is a list of possible names for towns and cities but you can also make your own up or mention which ones you like best.

As we discuss the possible names it would be best to also mention what town the player would start in and what cities they will go to from there as well as what locations are cities and which are to be towns. After all of this is done Route names will be given so start thinking creatively and we can finish this map together!

Possible City/Town Names

Kuzusunai
    Miyakanai
    Asakumo
    Xutong
    Amuro
    Kuzuu
    Inoyama
    Watari
    Fuitō
    Otto
    Amau
    Sabushiro
    Minari
    Horonai
    Kawado
    Yōkamachi
    Kisabe
    Hasizu
    Gisela
    Oreana
    Linwyn
    Gilramore
    Swanford
    Wintervale
    Scrabster
    Axminster
    Dewsbury
    Darkwell
    Ozryn
    Mansfield
    Warlington
    Jongvale
    Stanmore
    Streatham
    Tarnstead
    Northwich
    Grimsby
    Aquarine

In Other News
    We have a new town map! Thanks to my great friend Esper for creating it and completely outshining any pixelart skills i had. But in all serious the new map is beautiful so if you havent seen it check it out!

Last edited:

Twilight Storm

just your average weirdo ;D
    Years
  • Name:Jennifer
    Trainer Class/Place in Society:(Custom Class?)Beauty Eevee Craze Girl
    Pokémon:Eevee, Sylveon, Glaceon, Espeon, Leafeon, Vaporeon

Dedenne1

Years
  • Name:Jennifer
    Trainer Class/Place in Society:(Custom Class?)Beauty Eevee Craze Girl
    Pokémon:Eevee, Sylveon, Glaceon, Espeon, Leafeon, Vaporeon

Hey Welcome to the region Jennifer! Ill add you right now to the list of citizens and be sure to check out the current event in the post above you :D

Twilight Storm

just your average weirdo ;D
    Years
  • Perhaps Aura City? Maybe everybody there has a Lucario and is like Sir Aaron in a way? Oh! And Sir Aaron is all of there ancestors and... yeah!

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
    Years
  • I like this ones since Sangyo is based on Japanese and I like the sound when I read it.

Kuzusunai, Miyakanai, Asakumo, Inoyama, Fuitō, Minari, Yōkamachi

Dedenne1

Years
  • Spoiler:

The City Naming Event
    Part 2.0

So currently we have our 12 town names Pommingham, Cannaby, Tule, Catinna, Homming, Yuchester, Kuzusunai, Miyakanai, Asakumo, Inoyama, Minari, and Yōkamachi. The last locations on the map that need to be named are the island, a possible different name for Victory Road and a name for the Pokemon League since in Sangyo it is located in a busy city similar to the idea of Evergrande City but with actual people, places, homes, hotels etc.​

Island Names
    Tsuki (Moon in Japanese)
    Shinsei (Rebirth in Japanese)
    Luna
    Lonlei
    Regala

Pokemon League, City Names
    Erīto
    Rīgu
    Pawā
    Hōfuna
    Saikai (begin again in japanese)

New Name for Victory Road?

The City Naming Event
    Part 3.0

gISXcX4.png

Now is the time, once you have weighed in on part 2 lets begin discussing what parts of the maps are cities and what parts are towns. Every City must be named the only ones that are named are the capital city (large sideways pokeball) and the pokemon league city (under the capital city tb named after part 2). From here i believe we can start normal weekly scenarios but im getting ahead of myself but if you wanna know we have a point system coming that will focus on your individual character and how worthy you are and how evil/good you are. Thats right you could end up being the best of the best or the meanest villain.

Last edited:

BlueDogXL

The bluest dog out there!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2017
    The name for victory road should be whatever 'challenge path' is in japanese.
    Hurhurhur so clever hurhurhur

BlueDogXL

The bluest dog out there!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2017
    Then...
    Chouseno Michi!
    (and cleverness strikes again! ;P)

Dedenne1

Years
  • 挑戦の道: Chousen no Michi

I dunno, Pilgrimage Path, Trainer's Folly, Stairway to Heaven. Something like that.
    I lke Trainers Fully and Stairway to Heaven ^^

Then...
    Chouseno Michi!
    (and cleverness strikes again! ;P)
    The only thing id change is the Michi to path and have Chouseno Path to make it less confusing and more understandable. ^-^

I don't know why but Shori Pasu (roughly translation of Victorious Path) comes in my mind.
    What about Shori Pass? Thats actually a really good one i like that alot translates to victorious path and isnt too confusing.

Thanks guys keep the ideas coming these are great! Any ideas for the island name or do any of you like the ones i suggested?

Awan2407

I should be more active
    Years
  • Whatever floats your boat~ Also the island names are good c: But maybe change Luna to something else since it kinda has the same meaning of Tsuki which is Moon but in different language.

Dedenne1

Years
  • Whatever floats your boat~ Also the island names are good c: But maybe change Luna to something else since it kinda has the same meaning of Tsuki which is Moon but in different language.

Yes Luna is moon in Latin while Tsuki is moon in Japanese thats what i was thinking kinda moon island since its shaped like a moon or something else perhaps.

The only things left to discuss then would be names for the pokemon league city which i suggested a few and the town order as well as which cities are towns and which are cities.

Years
  • Yes Luna is moon in Latin while Tsuki is moon in Japanese thats what i was thinking kinda moon island since its shaped like a moon or something else perhaps.

The only things left to discuss then would be names for the pokemon league city which i suggested a few and the town order as well as which cities are towns and which are cities.
    Another possibility: Mizazuki (三日月) which means "crescent moon".

And whatever you name the island, the cities/towns around it should have the same style of names. So like if you go with Tsuki Island then the nearby towns should be given the Japanese-inspired names like Kuzusunai (this almost says "won't destroy"), Miyakanai (which loosely transliterated could mean something like "inside the palace home"), Asakumo ("morning clouds" or maybe "morning spiders"), Inoyama (which kind of looks like "wild boar mountain"), etc.

Dedenne1

Years
  • Map Locations Are Complete!

So i labeled all the Cities and Towns as well as other notable locations. Let me know what you guys think and if any changes need to be made. Thanks to Sopheria for giving me some of the codes!​

Back