• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Seven Wonders of Pangero

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2023
    Seems we have woken the neighbors. "Sorry!" Colorado tried to yell through the door. Colorado had barely taken notice to the mess scattered across the bedroom. Trying to stay calm, he took a few deep breaths and sat on the edge of the bed. The door then opened, revealing a man in his early twenties, crawling into his room. This led Colorado to become more baffled than before. He questioned himself if he was still dreaming. What is going on? Im never taking medicine on a boat again. He promised himself. The man named Zero then got up from the floor, and introduced himself. "Uhm, hi." Colorado said to him. He seems friendly. Different, but friendly. "Im Colorado. Cal for short." He reached for Zeros hand, and grasped it.

Colorado then took the time to examine the odd man. I thought I heard a female voice yell through the door? I must have been mistaken. He first noticed Zeros long, black hair tied into a pony tail. He suddenly had an urge to feel it, but decided against it. He then saw the mans shorts and shoes, which were nothing out of the ordinary. Observing his facial structure, he saw how beautifully colored his eyes were: a perfect shade of green.

Somehow, Electabuzz had happened to sleep through all the yelling and banging. Not wanting to disturb his sleep further, Colorado released Zeros hand and picked up a Pokeball from the floor to return the Electric-type. He decided to leave Slowpoke out, feeling it deserved some fresh air. Noticing the floor, he apologized for the mess and began flinging items into his bag.

Getsumei

The Avatar of the Beaver
    Years
    "Oh, hi Ray!" Getsumei said, as his friend placed a hand upon his shoulder, instantly causing Aibou to gnaw at it for being on what he considered his spot. "I couldn't sleep, so I wandered around a bit last night … ended up falling asleep on the deck."

Giving off an embarrassed grin, the boy turned back to the girl, hoping this sudden appearance of a third person wouldn't make her cut off their talk; she seemed nice, so he'd be disappointed to see her leave now.

"Yeah," he replied to the girl's question about his intentions on Pangero. "I guess you could call me a sort of … freelance wildlife researcher, though that might be giving me too much credit. It's what my parents used to do before they settled down in Sinnoh and opened their ranch. My mom, however, also has an affinity for technical stuff. She's the one who made this, for example."

Removing his custom Pokédex from its holder on his hip, the boy opened it up and showed it to the girl, the energetic voice of a woman appearing from its tiny speakers:

"Hey there~! I'm an Illustrated Pokémon Encyclopedia, also known as a Pokédex, but you can call me IPE One, 'kay~! I am built for, and under the ownership of, Getsumei Hoshizora~! Please take good care of my baby, 'kay~! Ha ha ha ha ha~!

"Maybe I shouldn't have shown you that," Getsumei sighed, as he closed the Pokédex, slightly pink faced, and put it back in its holder. "My mother was so 'kind' to put her own voice and personality into the thing. Luckily I don't need it much."

Just then, Sayomi gave the boy a proposal he hadn't expected, indirectly asking to tag along with him.

"Uh … Well …. I … I'd be…," he began, though before he managed to finish his sentence, he noticed a Pokéball fall from the girl's belt and onto the deck, where it started to roll away. Reacting out of pure reflex, the boy slid past Sayomi and took chase, moving in and out between the growing mass of passengers on the deck, as if he was doing some sort of awkward version of Swan Lake, Aibou clinging onto his back for dear life. Then, just as he was about to get within reach of the Pokéball, another person grabbed hold of it.

"H-hey! Tha-That's mine … Or well, not … not really, but…," the boy said, as he trained to regain his breath. When he'd managed to calm himself down, he walked over to the person, a girl with fiery red hair, something that in no way could be a natural color. He then slowly reached for the Pokéball in her hand. "Anyway, I… I'll just… I'll just take this back to its owner, alright? Thank you!" And with that, the boy gave the girl a wave and a smile, before running back to Sayomi and Ray.

"You … You dropped this," he said, as he placed the Pokéball back in Sayomi's hand a few seconds later. "And about what we talked about before. It'd be great to have you!" The boy then gave the girl a wide grin, before he seemed to realize something.

"Wait … Didn't you have a Furret with you a moment ago?"

------------------------------------------

"It would be best to get off as fast as possible," Vanessa replied to her lover, as the two moved onto the deck, swimming through the crowd in order to find a place that was, at least partially, solitary, so they could make their escape. "If we follow the trainers and crew off the ship, we'll be forced to show ID's, and if we try to get off the ship while in viewing range … you get the point."

Reaching into her waist pouch, Vanessa pulled out a black Pokéball. While the color might make people think it was some kind of special type of ball, it was simply an ordinary red and white type, which had been colored personally by the woman to make them more personal.

"We're getting off now. Then we'll move around the ID check and mingle with the rest of the passengers then," she explained. She then turned her head around to make sure they were not being watched, before she threw herself over the railing, opening her Pokéball as she did so. "Hemera!"

Seconds later, a Fearow appeared right beneath the woman, catching her in midair. It then kept her in the air as they waited for Terry to follow.

Last edited:

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
    Years
    The incessant rocking of the ship as it cut through the waves had begun to wear on Korbin's nerves. From where he stood on deck leaning against the rail he could feel the spray on his face and see the occasional oceanic water type break the surface. To his right, Blue was staring adamantly down into the water with his head between the poles. At first Korbin had been afraid that the Vaporeon would jump down for a swim and get lost, but Blue was good at following orders, and he had been ordered to stay by his master at all times. Korbin's direction would be further enforced by Helena. She perched on his right shoulder, ears pricked and eyes darting. Being motionless in strange places unsettled her, especially when Korbin was unsettled himself. But there was a mass of land on the horizon, and it had been growing larger since dusk the previous day. The sight of it brought relief to the master and Sneasel. Now they would be docking soon. That thought in mind, he recalled Blue and went back to his cabin to make sure everything that belonged to him was in its place.

Two hours later the ship stopped moving and the passengers were to disembark. Carrying only a bag slung over his shoulder and Helena still on his shoulder, Korbin went down the plank to the dock. The people milling about on either side seemed to be giving him intentional space. Perhaps it was due to his intimidating stature, as people who did not know him tended to think it was best to avoid him. In crowded places like these he did not regret that misconception. It brought him to solid ground in one piece.

Though his legs were objecting to the sudden change in terrain, Korbin was relieved to be on a platform that didn't move under his feet. To say that it was familiar ground, however, would be going too far. This region was completely alien, but the idea excited him. Here there were prospects for a new life. If he could establish his presence here before all the land was developed and claimed, he could start a business that may carry on after his life was over, if he could pass it on to perhaps an apprentice or a son or daughter.

Everywhere he looked there were lush, green trees, and the air was filled with the humming of various creatures. The sight filled him with anticipation, but as he stared at the wildlife he realized he didn't know where to begin. Surely building permits would be necessary to even think about beginning somewhere.

After some deliberation Korbin decided to make a circuit of the entire region, to see the different climates and areas, and decide where he wanted to go. By that time surely there would be a system present for people who wanted to begin their lives there. Maybe even houses would have been built so that he wouldn't have to live in a tent. That meant, then, that he would have to go through the massive expanse of trees ahead of him. Not knowing what was there, however, he was a bit nervous, so he called Samrin out of his ball and instructed him to walk a few feet ahead of him. "Behave yourself," he warned. "Do as I say. And if we get ambushed, don't just run off or you're not coming out again for a long time."

The Vulpix seemed to take his master's words to heart. He went into the rainforest ahead of Korbin, ears pricked forward. If they were attacked they would be in good hands.

Dizzy_Zeo

My Own Secret Weapon
    Years
    Terry grabbed Alatus's poke ball once more and pointed it at the penguin "That was brief, I apologize" he said to the pokemon, before a red beam overtook him and the pokemon disappeared completely. He looked up at Vanessa and her fearow and sighed as he reluctant took out Partis' poke ball, pointing it to the water below where the fin and the back of the man's sharpedo appeared. He didn't want to get his clothes wet, but Concurso simply wasn't large enough to fly with, unlike the massive fearow above him. Giving a curt nod, Terry made sure the coast was clear before jumping overboard, landing luckily, albeit shakily, on the back of the Sharpedo.

The pokemon let out a deep grunt but quickly recovered as if nothing had happened. Terry looked down at his now wet shoes and sighed deeply his trademark sigh, before grabbing onto the pokemon's fin and giving him the go ahead. Partis took off like a rocket, quickly over taking the boat though there was not a lot of ocean to cover before hitting shore. He looked up to see if Van was flying above him, but the sun was bright and effectively obstructed his vision. He guessed he'd see her on the other side.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ray quickly pulled his hand out of the Bibarel's mouth and shot it an annoyed look before wiping his slobbery hand on his pants "I see" was all that Ray could really say in response as Getsu went almost immediately back to his conversation. Getsu shortly thereafter revealed to the girl the poke switcher they boy held, and the machine gave a brief introduction in a voice Ray had come to fear "You think that's annoying, how about when YOUR mother begins to hassle me about not having more than six pokemon?" Ray said before shoving his hands in his pockets and letting off a sigh "Anyways, since you two are hitting it off, I'm going to go take a brief walk around before we dock, see if I can find anything cool on this rig besides myself" Ray announced, walking off away from the boy and his new friend.

Ray walked for a bit, but alas found himself bored as usual. Instead he merely looked out at the ever nearing port until they finally docked and people started to disembark. Ray found that this was a prime opportunity to let Horatio stretch his legs as Ray knew he would despise trying to get through that crowd. Letting the big, blue feraligatr out of it's poke ball, he was quickly taken up into a big bear hug by the beast until he asked it to set him down, to which it complied. Quickly getting up on it's shoulders, he made his way over to Getsu and the new girl, Sayomi "We'd better beat the rush if we want to be the first ones to find adventure here" Ray said, crossing his arms as Horatio let out a happy growl, placing a massive hand on Getsu's hat and patting him several times.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    "Uhm, hi. I'm Colorado. Cal for short." the boy replied, getting up and shaking Zero's hand. "Sorry for the mess," he continued.

"Oh, its no problem. This is nothing compared to my room back at home." Zero replied, smiling. He judged this boy to be friendly, he had a few Pokemon out, who were stretching and getting ready to embark on their journey. Cal sent his Electabuzz back to its Pokeball, keeping the Slowpoke out.

"Your attention, please. The ship has landed at port. Welcome to Pangero." a speaker on the boat informed them all.

"Oh boy, we're here." Zero said. He left Colorado's room with his new friend, recalling Tor on the way out, who had been waiting patiently at the door. "What do you think we should do with this Furret?" he asked.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As Destiny bent down to get the Pokeball, a boy in his late teens walked up to her. "H-hey! Tha-That's mine... Or well, not... not really, but..." the boy blurted out, without much confidence. After he figured out what he was going to say, he continued as he reached for the Pokeball. "Anyway, I... I'll just... I'll just take this back to its owner, alright? Thank you!" the boy finished, waving as he ran back to his friend. Destiny smiled back. Why couldn't humans at home be this nice.

"Your attention, please. The ship has landed at port. Welcome to Pangero." Destiny noticed that she was sort of in the back of the boat, and as such, she was sure to be one of the last trainers off the boat. Unless, she got a head start. Leaning over the rail, she sent out Grace. Jumping over the edge, she landed on its back. "Grace, get me to the shore, but be quiet. We don't want to be seen." As she did so, she noticed another person, a man her age, riding on the back of his Sharpedo, clearly with the same idea as her. Smirking, she kept this face in mind, and made it to the island. Ahead, she saw a forest. "Might as well start exploring here," she thought to herself. Recalling her Lapras, she began walking through the forest alone, as she liked.

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years
    Holy f-waffling cow there have been a lot of posts so far. I expected a lot less. Time to start reading... and posting my own stuff.

IC:

All around the boat people were meeting and chatting, just as the mountains of Pangero were coming into view. Among the crowds of people and pokemon alike, a small pachirisu with black stripes was running down the rail, clearly with a purpose. Within moments, "Zeus" reached his destination; the shoulder of his ex-team Galactic trainer, Jamie.

"Paaaa pachi chi chi!"

Zeus held out one of his round, white paws and turned over an apple that he had been cleverly hiding in his thick fur. Gratefully, the trainer grabbed ahold of the apple and ate it up in a few bites, allowing Zeus to take some as well.

"Thank you, Zeus. The cereal they were serving in the cafeteria tasted like cardboard. Cardboard with a tiny bit of sugar that had become sloppy with milk. Guess that's what I get for riding cheap."

Looking up, Jamie saw the docks, which were mere yards away by now, and were already crowded with a few of the earlier travelers to Pangero. Of course, none of them suspected that a young girl with evil intentions was on the ship and eager to do some plotting. But that would take a while. Actually, thinking about her future clearly for the first time, Jamie realized that she had no idea what she could do to revamp team Galactic here in Pangero. Pondering, she walked past a trainer with his bibarel and a girl who also appeared to be a trainer. They appeared to be having a good conversation, not like Jamie cared of course. She was only focused on getting to the unloading point.

And she arrived there just in time two. A loud horn sounded when Jamie was about two feet away, so she fumbled round a bit until the boat was ready to be unloaded. Zeus, eager to be the first passenger on the region, leapt off of Jamie's shoulder and touched the dock with a satisfied cry. In response his trainer chuckled a bit, but made no other motion. It wasn't like Zeus to be so pepped up; normally he was quiet and calculating. But no matter. Jamie and her pokemon were in a new region, where new mysteries and opprotunities awaited.

Unknown to all of the people of Pangero, whether they had just arrived or not, a suspicious pokemon was doing suspicious things in an undiscovered temple underground. A gigantic stone picture was fixed on the wall before it, displaying a large picture of a different pokemon with the world's worst natural disasters occurring around it. Respectively, the sphere-with-lightning-shapes-attached who had been studying the picture laid it's head and whispered a prayer in the language that all pokemon share. Then, it spoke out in a clear, monotone voice.

"Humans have settled this region again... like once before... but they seem so ignorant, so weak. Humans are not welcome here. And I need you to destroy them."

Moments later, the ground began to shake, the whole place rumbled, and the eyes of the pokemon in the stone carving began to glow.

Zephyr the West Wind

Still a newbie. -_-
    Years
    Although she couldn't help but let out a giggle at the strange little machine that Getsumei held, Sayomi was impressed. But when Ninetales' Pokeball fell off, she nearly panicked.
    "Ah!" Sayomi exclaimed when Getsumei returned with her Pokeball. "Thank you so much, Getsumei!" She said, holding the Pokeball close as she hugged Getsumei in thanks. "Come on out, Ninetales!" Holding the Pokeball out, she released the oddly colored Pokemon out onto the deck before her. While Ninetales had rubbed up against Sayomi in an attempt to gain her affection, he couldn't help but run over to nuzzle Getsumei's leg in thanks before walking back over to Sayomi when he noticed Aibou beside his trainer. "Yeah, my Furret's name is Ellie. I wonder where she scurried off to-" Her words were drowned out as an announcement came on, informing them that they had reached Pangero. "Yeah, I guess we'd better hurry, Ray. Don't worry, though, Ellie'll be here in a second."

Ellie, however, was quite confused. One moment she was with a sleeping trainer, and now there was a second one? The new trainer seemed to be in a rather distracting conversation, and the Furret nearly climbed out the door when the announcement played after the boat's horn went off. This sound caused her to jump, putting the Pokemon in panic mode. "Furret, fur, furret!!" The Pokemon exclaimed, making a mad dash out the door. She needed to find Sayomi, fast. The small Pokemon scrambled through the trainers as they left the boat, and jumped onto the closest person as soon as she noticed Sayomi. Unfortunately for the Furret, it was Ray, and she instantly became more panicked as she noticed the large Feraligatr. "F-furret!!"

Last edited:

Getsumei

The Avatar of the Beaver
    Years
    "No problem," was all Getsumei could say, as the girl threw herself at him, giving him a tight hug. While Getsumei had never disliked hugs (he actually was quite fond of them), it was rare for him to receive a hug from a person he had only just met. Slightly puzzled, but strangely happy, the boy gave off a smile, which was soon replaced by an interested look, as the girl released a Ninetails.

"What odd coloration," he said in an interesting tone, giving it a gentle stroke on the head, when he brushed against his leg. "Never seen anything like it, but then again, I haven't come across many Ninetails. Quite a rare Pokémon you got there."

"Barel~" Aibou said, as he was clearly in awe at the Ninetail's beauty. Carefully walking closer, the Bibarel sniffed at the Pokémon's tails, slowly moving closer, his curiosity for the Pokémon being obvious.

"Oi, Aibou!" its trainer suddenly said, causing the Beaver Pokémon to freeze and turn. "Be careful now, they say if you touch the tails of a Ninetails, you'll be struck by a terrible curse." Hearing this, the Bibarel quickly moved back to its owner, jumping onto his back, while looking down at the Ninetails, making sure it wasn't up to something. Getsumei simply laughed. "Don't worry … It's just a myth," he said, petting Aibou gently. The Beaver Pokémon didn't seem convinced however…

Just then, the announcement came on, Ray immediately releasing his overly friendly Feraligatr, who proceeded to pat Getsumei on the head so much his hat was pulled down over his face. Repositioning it to its original spot, Getsumei began moving down the ramp, keeping himself directly behind the Feraligatr, who worked much like an Icebreaker ship would have in an ocean of ice. Without really realizing it, he had grabbed onto Sayomi's wrist, as if to make sure she wouldn't get lost in the crowd.

Not far from the docking point, a small village could be seen, if it could even be called a village. It wasn't much more than a large collection of big tents and a few wooden buildings, which seemed very makeshift-y. But what could he expect? The place had only recently been discovered, and at the moment, and most of the people who came to this place was researchers. The ones who weren't researchers had worked hard for their permit – or at least Getsumei had. He sighed at the thought of all the papers he had to sign to get here…

----------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, the two stowaways had landed on the coast a little away from the village. Hidden within the shadows of a cluster of trees, it would be easy for them to move around and enter the city without having to go through the ID check, which would have ended their little trip before it even started.

"Hemera, get back in your ball," Vanessa ordered, pointing the dark Pokéball at the bird Pokémon, causing it to revert to a mass of red light, which vanished into the ball, which was then placed back in the woman's hip pouch.

"Looks like we made it," she then said, as she looked around, trying to find the way around. Upon finding it, she urged Terry to follow, before moving between the trees, until she ended up behind one of the few wooden buildings in the village. Standing with her back against it, she looked around the corner carefully, making sure no one would see them pop out from the forest. Then, after making sure the coast was clear, she moved, once again urging Terry to follow.

A few brief moments later, the two had successfully merged with the crowd. They were officially in…

((Vanessa's part didn't go all that well.....))

Zephyr the West Wind

Still a newbie. -_-
    Years
    Ninetales ego over-inflated once more at the compliment given to him by Getsumei, though he wasn't too keen on his Bibarel. After the Beaver Pokemon backed away after the mock warning by his trainer, he couldn't help but swish one of his tails near the Bibarel's face just to scare him. He gave a nod toward the panicked Ellie, who quickly jumped off and onto the Ninetales' back. Though the two fought frequently, they had their bonding moments. As Ninetales ran after Sayomi and Getsumei, he couldn't help but give a bark laugh at his trainer's reaction to being pulled along.

Sayomi was by no means calm or collected. She was about to compliment Ray's Feraligatr when her wrist had suddenly been grabbed by Getsumei. Though she was a cheerful person, Sayomi tended to jump to conclusions. Her first one was 'What the- is he trying to hurt me? Did I do something?!' But that was completely forgotten as she realized he was merely pulling her along so she wouldn't get lost within the crowd. Or at least that's what she thought. Nonetheless, that thought did not stop the heat from rising to her cheeks for a brief moment, causing her Ninetale's to bark a laugh at her. "Where are we going?" She asked after the brief moment of shock. Looking ahead, all she could see were makeshift buildings and tents. 'Wow,' she thought. 'My parents would love it here...' But then another thought came to mind. What if they had come?

Dizzy_Zeo

My Own Secret Weapon
    Years
    Ray stroked the furret as it landed on it's shoulder, though it didn't stay there long, opting for the Ninetails it was familiar with than the feraligatr it was not. Ray didn't mind, he was just happy to be finally getting off the boat. As Horatio continued to gently push the people to his sides, the other two trainers followed close behind, all three of them receiving glares from the various trainers that had been pushed aside. If they were so annoyed, maybe the should do it themselves, Ray thought to himself as he patted Horatio's head.

The group had quickly made it's way to the bottom of the gangplank, before them, the small village that hardly deserved the title. Ray returned Horatio to his poke ball and turned to his travelling companions, seeing that Getsumei had grabbed the girl's wrist and letting off a sigh. He always seemed to do this on their travels and it didn't particularly please Ray, but it was nothing personal against the girl. To Ray, travelling with Getsumei was like one big contest, and his snorlax-capped friend always seemed to get the girl. Ray didn't really know if that was actually the case this time, but he'd rather not find out. Crossing his arms, Ray turned his back on the two of them and began walking towards the encampment, his jacket and hair flowing in the warm breeze that had picked up around them. He wondered when he'd get to battle someone, when his elite squad of pokemon would get their next taste of glory.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Terry noticed that another individual had taken to surfing on her pokemon as he had and while that didn't really mean much, he knew it could end poorly. As he hit shore he quickly had Partis return to it's ball and hurried away from the sight of others, awaiting the arrival of Vanessa. They met under a grouping of trees, Van quickly putting away her Fearow in a rather abusive tone, though Terry said nothing about it. That was who she was.

Without much more than a few words, Vanessa began the trek, leading Terry into the thicket of trees that formed the canopy above them, though their roughing it was short lived as they appeared in the small village shortly after, behind one of the rickety wood houses. While Van seemed to take the more cat burglar approach to it, peeking around the corner like some sort of covert ops agent, Terry merely leaned with his arms crossed, waiting for the go ahead. Sure enough, it came quickly and the two thrust themselves into a nearby crowd of people, effectively blending in.

"So where are we going first?" Terry asked, placing his gloved hands in his pockets, his green ponytail flowing behind him. Deep down, he knew the answer. He had heard the rumours of pure gold aron, lairons and aggrons. He knew that she was greedy. He knew that's where she wanted to go. He knew that he'd be forced along.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2023
    "Your attention, please. The ship has landed at port. Welcome to Pangero."

After picking up the last items scattered across the now stagnant ship, Colorado watched as the Furret ran across the boat and in-between passengers legs. He began walking at a faster pace motioning his hand in a sort of, 'follow me.' gesture toward Zero. But keeping up with a speedy Pokemon was much harder with a slow, thoughtless one dragging you behind. "Try and keep up, will you?" Cal said to Slowpoke, who responded with a loud moan. Nonetheless, they both managed to weave their way through the tightly-packed hallways without losing each other.

The smell of fresh air and a hint of washed-up seaweed filled Colorados brain, giving him a boost of adrenaline. Although he had lost sight of the Furret, he was bent on finding the lost Pokemon and returning her back to the original owner. There was slightly more waddle-room out on the deck of the ship—but being short, Cal wasn't able to see over the other travelers properly. If I were a lost, little Pokemon, where would I go? He questioned himself. Zero did have a Staraptor. A birds eye view wouldn't be so bad right about now. He then looked behind him, trying to locate his newly-acquainted friend, but had no such luck. "Looks like we are on our own." He said to Slowpoke, who was waiting for his next command.

Colorado had asked a few passengers if they had seen a Furret pass by, but they gave little information. They all seemed preoccupied watching their own Pokemon and talking of other topics. By now, Slowpoke had never felt so worn out. "Looks like its time to cave in, huh?"

Most of the tourist had now loaded off onto the dock, which left Colorado with much more breathing room. He didn't mind being one of the last to exit the ship so much. He decided to take a seat on the floor, and began petting his tired out Slowpoke. A relaxed smile spread across the Pokemons face, now feeling content. Cal glanced through the railing of the boat, and saw such a small village, it almost seemed alien. This sure isnt anything like Slateport back home. "We should leave soon, yeah?" Cal asked his Pokemon. Slowpoke then got up and began walking toward the large, unexplored Region. Cal then laughed, "Lead the way."

Maly Kucheat

Call Of Duty Old timer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2010
    HOLY $#*7! I go to sleep and there is a hole page full! I better get my profle fixed up!

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    "What do you think we should do with this Furret?" Zero asked Colorado. The boy merely shrugged and started to leave the cabin. Then, Furret bolted out of the room, weaving its way in between the legs of people. It was impossible to keep up with, and when Zero looked up, he couldn't find Colorado either.

"All right, Tor, help me out here!" Zero cried, releasing the Pokeball as he did so. Staraptor flew out of the red light and landed gracefully on Zero's shoulder.

"Tor, I want you to go find that Furret. Keep your distance though, Furret's can be scared of big predators like you. It doesn't know that you play nice." he explained, scratching the Staraptor on the back of its head. Staraptor gave a short squawk of understanding, and then took off for the skies.

It didn't take long for the bird to find the Furret, which was with a few trainers. The girl in the group looked like she could be the trainer, which was good enough for Staraptor, and he returned to Zero. Zero then scribbled a note to Colorado saying that the Furret was all right, and sent Staraptor to deliver it while he exited the boat.

When he hit the mainland, Zero began to think. Where to go first? Everyone seemed to be heading into the forest or the little settlement made out of tents for those that wanted to rest before starting their journey. But nobody was heading north, along the coast line and around the forest. Zero decided to start with that, and to attempt to find a more open spot to make his gym. The coast would be ideal, but hey, he was on a giant new land, he wasn't going to be picky.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Destiny, after hitting shore, recalled her Lapras and sent out Tropius. She wasn't planning on getting dirty on this adventure, and didn't want to swat as much as possible. Well, until she could find a shower. So, she jumped on her Tropius's back, and let the massive Pokemon take her wherever she wanted. It was time for a exploration, but a liesure one.

Torp took his time walking around in the jungle. Destiny didn't call him Torp for nothing, and she was perfectly ok with the nice slow walk. It gave her time to think. What did she want to do now that she was on Pangero? She could start over and attempt to complete her Pokedex from scratch, just trying to use the Pokemon from Pangero. Nobody knew exactly what kinds of Pokemon existed here, and she could be the first to prove it. Or, she could make a rival to Team Rocket. It would be, by most people's standards, evil. She would be running experiments on Pokemon, but she would only be trying to help them, and trying to make them realize their potential and get stronger. And, if she could get enough followers, she could even return to Kanto, and attempt to take down Team Rocket. They were bad people, unlike her, and didn't deserve to be in existance. She was ashamed of being affiliated with them, and wanted to repent somehow. Taking them down sounded like a good idea to her. But, she would need a following. In the end, she decided to do both. She would start by collecting all the Pokemon, and then, once she had enough, she would start running experiments on them. She would make her base in between the plains and the mountains, where Pokemon could roam free in whichever terrain suited them the most. With her decision made up, she told Torp to pick up the pace, and he flew her to the mountains.

Getsumei

The Avatar of the Beaver
    Years
    Somehow, while the "village" wasn't anything special and was, he had to admit, a bit of a sad sight, it filled the young boy with a feeling of warmth. He imagined that, if it wasn't for the newly arrived wave of people, this place was usually a quiet and peaceful place, dedicated to the research and study of the Pokémon in this region.

After the group had entered the small settlement, Getsumei stopped, allowing other people to pass by him and spread out to do whatever they planned to do. He disliked crowds, and therefore would rather wait and then be able to move freely, than push his way through a mass of people.

"Man, I would never have imagined there'd be so many people," Getsumei sighed, as he slid a hand up under his hat and scratched at the hair underneath, as he had a habit of doing. Just then, he noticed he was holding on to something. However, Aibou was still latched onto his back, and whatever he was holding wasn't quite hairy enough anyway. Actually, it felt … soft, almost like…

"Oh! Sorry!" the boy apologized, as he noticed he was holding onto Sayomi's wrist, and quickly let her go, unconsciously taking a step away from her. "I didn't mean to … you know…" Just then, before he could finish his explanation, a strange sound, almost like a ringtone, could be heard, originating from the boy's Pokédex.

"Uh … hello?" Getsumei said, opening the dex, which instantly cut off the sound and caused a face to appear on the screen inside. The face seemed to belong to a middle-aged woman with bright, red hair, a little longer than Getsumei's. Her body structure looked like his as well, yet less disproportionate. Glasses adorned her face, giving off a feeling of a knowledgeable person.

"Getsubaby~! Good to see you~!" the woman said, her voice the same, albeit a little louder, than the one the Pokédex had been using. "Where are you? Have you arrived yet? How does it look? Seen any Pokémon yet? Tell me! Tell me, 'kay!? Oh! And hi, Aiboubaby~!"

"Hi mom," Getsumei sighed, as the woman seemed to almost try and climb through the camera and screen. Aibou, however, waved at the screen. "Yeah, we've arrived just a second ago. We haven't seen anything yet, and, well … look for yourself." With that, the boy turned the Pokédex around and showed her the encampment.

"Oh~!!" the woman exclaimed upon seeing it, causing Getsumei to sigh. Was a few tents really that exciting? However, it seemed something else had caused the reaction. "Who's the pretty girl you're with? Already getting' friendly with the ladies, are we~?" she said, smirking at the boy, who instantly turned red.

"It's nothing like that. We just met, that's all," he explained, pulling his hat down a little, as if to try and cover his face. "Anyway, mom, I'll need my Pokémon, so could you send them over?"

"Sure enough baby," the woman replied with a wink. "The usual I presume?" Getsumei simply nodded. "Ok, baby, I'll start transferring, 'kay?"

"Sounds good, thanks mom. Love you," the boy said, before the face of the woman vanished from the screen. Turning towards Sayomi, the boy let out a quick "sorry about that" before turning back to his Pokédex.

Pressing a button, a new section slid out from under the dex, before folding out into what seemed like a tiny version of the machines used for transferring Pokémon at Pokémon Centers. Then, one after another, five Pokéballs appeared, which Getsumei then placed on his belt.

((Vanessa's come later, have a slight creativity problem right now >_>))

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years
    "Well Zeus, looks like Pangero is ready and waiting for us. So what shall we do first, get familiar with the land, or dive straight into a new branch of team G? I personally think that a proper exploration needs to be conducted, and this forest looks like a nice place to start. Plenty of trees."

"Paa-chi."

While Jamie had no idea what that meant, she was sure that her pachirisu had understood her whole lecture and was ready to head off into the woods. Nodding in an awkward fashion to the pokemon on her shoulder, Jamie walked on ahead out of the modest encampment and into the woods. She had decided that it would be best to head north; it was supposed to be well forested up there, and secretly Jamie wanted to catch a glimpse of the crystal legendary pokemon in the rumored temple up there before doing anything evil. So that was that. They would go to the temple, and a path through the forest would get them there.

A few pachirisu in the branches above called out energetic greetings when they noticed Zeus on Jamie's shoulder, but the all to serious squirrel payed them no attention. Instead, he kept his focus on looking out for rare or powerful pokemon that Jamie could capture and use when the time came. Unfortunately, he saw no such thing and grew very bored.

"Paaaaaaachi, risuuuuuuuuuu."

Zeus stretched out a subtle complaint regarding his boredom that he hoped would make Jamie understand why he was jumping off her shoulder and into one of the nearby trees.

"Oh, all right Zeus. Make yourself cozy in the treetops but keep moving, we want to get as far as possible before nightfall."

Wondering what time of day it was, Jamie looked upward at the sky. The sun had drifted behind a light cloud that allowed a few still quite bright rays to pass through and dapple the forest floor below. Jamie wasn't very experienced at reading the time by the sun, but it appeared as if it were just before noon. So it is true. Time does fly.

Meandering through the branches beside his trainer, Zeus was already feeling a little bit hungry. His last true meal had been a good number of hours ago, and the only thing he had eaten since was the bite of apple that Jamie had given him earlier. Hungrily, the black-striped pachirisu scanned the forest for any kind of food.

"Paaaaa..." Zeus breathed quietly, drooling while he spoke.

"You get hungry fast don't you Zeus. No matter, what kind of food did you happen to spy today? Perhaps a grove of berries or apples that the whole lot of us can share?"

Jamie followed Zeus' gaze and noticed the item that had cought his attention. It was a beautifully perfect acorn hanging down from the tree just ahead. But somethign wasn't right about the acorn; first off, it was the only one on the tree. By squinting her eyes and concentrating hard, Jamie also found that her eyes weren't fooling her; the acorn was many times the size of an average acorn. Furthermore, it wasn't hanging from an oak tree. Something was definately fishy here.

"Zeus, there is something wrong with that acorn, I don't want you to eat it. Go look for some berries or something that isn't so... unnatural."

"PA-chi!"

The squirrel pokemon cried out angrily and bolted on ahead, his mouth open and ready for the mouth-wateringly large nut. As it turned out, it was Zeus who was really the nut. The moment he sunk his bucked teeth into the surprisingly soft surface of the acorn, an ear-splitting cry broke out.

"SEEEEEEE DOOOOOOOOOT!"

The tiny, acorn-shaped seedot screeched in pain for an obnoxiously long time, quite a while after Zeus had let go. As tears began to form in seedot's eyes, Jamie and Zeus noticed the forboding rustle of tree branches all too late.

A mere gasp was all Jamie was able to let out before seven nuzleaf and two shiftre (god, how do you spell that) seemed to appear out of nowhere from the branches above.

"Look what you got us into now Zeus!"

"Ris-"

"No time for apologies and explanations, those pokemon are angry and dangerous. Let's make a run for it, no time to waste!"

Hoping that her pokemon had listened and was following her, Jamie ran off without noticing that in her haste one of the two empty pokeballs on her belt had fallen off into the undergrowth. Right now, she was only focused on getting away without having to force Apollo into fighting.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Zero figured that the forest would end and there would be an open stretch. He was wrong. Instead, the forest continued, and started getting more elevated as it rose right into the mountains. He didn't want to hike that, and he wasn't even sure where the grassland was. Defeated, he headed back to the small settlement.

When he arrived, he found the makeshift Pokecenter that a team had helped Nurse Joy build. Entering, he walked straight over to the telephone. He called up Professor Oak back at home and had him transfer over Zero's Salamence. Sending Ros back to Pallet had to be done so he could still remain with 6 Pokemon.

Zero left the Pokecenter and sent out his Salamence. He hopped on its back and instructed it to fly over the forest; they were going to search for the best place for a gym. They quickly found their destination, all the way across Pangero. The entire central area was covered by a large, open grassland. It reached to the west coast, and it was near here that Zero began creating his dream.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Destiny had found the perfect place for a base. It was bordering the mountains and the plains, but it was still near the forest. She was going to need to be near the forest if she wanted to build a hideout. So, she sends out Charizard, Tropius, Rhyperior, and Tyrannitar, and they all begin making trips back and forth between the edge of the forest and the spot.

It doesn't take long for the four Pokemon to move a few trees over to the spot Destiny has staked out, and after Tropius secures it with vines, Destiny is contempt. She goes inside to begin planning in her new hut-base, and after a while, she falls asleep.

Dizzy_Zeo

My Own Secret Weapon
    Years
    Ray stood amongst the makeshift buildings and the tired, albeit excited researchers and trainers, the wind as playful as it had been all day. Placing a hand on his belt, his fingers ran over Casval's empty poke ball, causing Ray's memory to jump back suddenly. He had allowed the Gengar some free-roam time, as he normally did, the night before and must've fallen asleep. He trusted the ghost-type but he nevertheless was worried about what troubles it could have and might have gotten into the night before and this morning.

"Casval….you nearby?" he cried out, causing a group of people to stop as they passed by, odd looks plastered on their faces as the boy seemingly shouted to no one in particular. Ray simply paid them no mind as he awaited for his Gengar to reveal itself to him. Soon enough, a crescent of pearly-white, yet ethereal, teeth appeared before the boy, two red eyes following suit before the rest of the pokemon finally appeared, it's purple body almost acting as a vacuum for any light that hit it.

"Just what have you been getting up to, Casval?" Ray asked, folding his arms as he looked at the Gengar, a silly smile on his face. The Gengar merely popped out it's tongue and poked the tip of it to Ray's forehead, as he did whenever he wanted to taunt his trainer, but it was all out of friendship. Ray let out a slight chuckle as he looked back at Getsu and Sayomi and then back at the Gengar "What say you, I and the rest of the team find some food, eh?" Ray asked, the Gengar nodding, in turn throwing it's full body back and forth in acceptance of the idea.

Zephyr the West Wind

Still a newbie. -_-
    Years
    Despite her newfound friend's slight feeling of sadness when the two first noticed the village in its entirety, Sayomi was completely at home. After the last of the trainers had walked into the settlement, she nodded. "Well, it is a new region. I'm just amazed there aren't as many scientists here...But wow, this place is amazing..." She said in excitement. Ninetales sat beside her, allowing Ellie the chance to climb back onto Sayomi's shoulders and sit on her haunches in order to get a better view of the unknown place. The moment Getsumei apologized and released her hand, Sayomi rubbed her wrist with a slight hint of regret remaining on her face for a second.

"No, Getsumei! It's fine!" She laughed and nodded in emphasis, but continued to rub her wrist absently. Her wrist had ben warmer a moment ago. When the strange sound came from his Pokedex, she quickly took the time to ithdraw her Pokemon. Sayomi leaned over towards Getsumei slightly, hoping for a better view of the face that appeared on the screen. After a few seconds of observation, she smiled at the resemblance between the two. She inwardly guessed that she was his mother. Trying to listen in a bit, she couldn't help but stifle a laugh at Getsumei and Aibou's nicknames. They were so adorable, but she could tell by the look on Getsumei's face that it was embarassing him. Though his mother had seemed to be interested in both her son and the village, Sayomi couldn't help but blush when the woman mentioned her. Did it really seem like that?

"It's nothing like that. We just met, that's all." Those two sentences brought her back to reality, and Sayomi quickly took two steps away. She looked around absently for a moment while Getsumei's mother sent over his Pokemon in a strange machine that reminded her of the Pokemon transfer machins at the Pokemon Center. Though it interested her, she just sighed and continued to wait.

When he mouthed to her that he was sorry, Sayomi raised an eyebrow. Was he sorry about what he said? Though she hated to admit it, she guessed that it was more for his mother's silliness.

"It's okay. So, where should we go? I heard one of the other trainer's on the boat; he talked about some pyramids, some city," At this she paused for a second in recollection. "I think he said it was made of gold. Some floating place..I can't remember, sorry. But then he talked about this rock formation, two different temples, and a cemetary." Sayomi smiled, pleased with herself for remembering. She walked in front of Getsumei, though standing a few more feet than she had when they first met. 'Just friends...Remember that, Sayomi.' She reminded herself, continuing to smile. Suddenly, a shock ran through her, and her eyes widened while her smile fell. "Unless you don't want to go together, which I can fully understand!" She said, smiling and letting out a small laugh. He had no reason to go explore with her. Besides, she doubted he would actually want to. There were lots of other people, like if he wanted to go with his friend Ray. Taking another step back, Sayomi waited for his answer.

Spritesprite48

is a Meganium
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2011
    Name: Spriten Mauve; known as Sprite.

Appearance: Sprite is tall, thin, and long-legged. She is lithe and quick, but lacks stamina and strength. Sprite has intelligent, sharp, shining black eyes gleaming with determination. She has straight, glossy, raven black hair that she brushes to the side and lets it hang down. She has high cheekbones and a rosy natural blush on her cheeks.

Sprite usually likes to wear a thin red hoody with a ferret dangling on the zipper. She has a ligoone on a white backdrop as a t-shirt under it, and minipants for pants. She has a small silver clip to hold her hair back, in the shape of a ferret. She has a silver necklace matching her hair clip. She carries around a backpack decorated with ferrets. She has a row of pokeballs strapped to her waist but prefers them out, following her.

Personality: Sprite is calm, radiating a somewhat mysterious and intimidating aurora. She excels in criticism, and she likes to think out things carefully before anything else. However, when you get past her tough shell, which is an achievement in itself, she is hyper, smart, witty, stubborn, and imaginative, often drifting off to her own world. However, she is a master at scheming and is good to have on your side as a spy.

History: As a child, Sprite was always shunned for her uniqueness in her personality. She used to be happy-go-lucky all the time. So, having been taken advantage of several times, she learned it was better to be tough and silent. She started revenge, which she had a burning passion for, and using her mind to achieve all ends. As she grew up she became more and more serious and refined, criticizing all in her mind but saying nothing. She finished school early and set off alone, because she had a considerable rift between herself and her family.

Pokemon:

-Nickname: Dusk
    -Species: Umbreon
    -Description: Dusk was found by Sprite, wounded as an Eevee and so far is her closest pokemon. Dusk is very similar to Sprite in her personality, quiet and intimidating, but once past the outer shell she has a good disposition. Dusk is pitch black with strongly glowing yellow rings.

-Nickname: Ningo
    -Species: Lucario
    -Description: Ningo is tough and emotionless. She has always been that way and nothing else. Sprite hatched Ningo from an egg she found later on. She has a very high attack and speed but a low defense.

-Nickname: Centaria
    -Species: Altaria
    -Description: Centaria is gentle and smoother than the rest of Sprite's pokemon. She has a more compassionate side that she shows more often than not.

-Nickname: Fentar
    -Species: Crobat
    -Description: Vicious and unforgiving. It gives you the evil eye if you stare at it. It has an unbreakable bond with Sprite though. She found it as a zubat and evolved it to a crobat on her own.

-Nickname: Iron
    -Species: Froslass
    -Description: Iron is a tank. Boasting the highest defense Sprite has ever seen, Iron is one of Sprite's top 3 pokemon. Iron has a suitable attack but a low speed. Iron is harsh and unmerciful.

-Nickname: Spark
    -Species: Luxray
    -Description: Spark is a jumpy, crackling luxray. It has a high speed and attack but a low defense. It prefers to snooze when its not battling, so it mostly stays in its pokeball. Sprite caught Spark as a Luxio. Spark is big for its kind.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back