• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The Silliest Thing You Ever Did In a Pokemon RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
    Let's see...

Gold: My Togetic was in battle with a Misdreavus and used Metronome. Metronome turned into Explosion! ;_;

Crystal: Battled Suicune without bothering to capture it. I didn't know that you had to have Raikou, Entei, AND Suicune in order to get Ho-oh! (Or even enter the Tin Tower.)

Crystal: Got stuck in the Whirl Islands without Flash, and saved my game. The only way I was able to escape was to battle Lugia and have it KO all my Pokemon!

Crystal: Used my Master Ball on Snorlax. (Didn't know what else to use it on, as I already KO'd Suicune and lost to Lugia. Obviously I forgot about Raikou and Entei.)

Ruby: Found a shiny Vulpix while looking for a Meditite... O.o

Ruby: My game was stolen!!! It had a shiny Vulpix on it, but it also had a male careful Feebas I caught in a non-Feebas-spot. (And I had no way of getting a Ditto.)

Sapphire: My Skitty used Assist, which turned into Tackle. But my Skitty also knew Tackle. Worse, it did that two turns in a row.

Leaf Green: Traded my Pinsir for a Ponyta... (What? I didn't know it could be caught in the Sevii islands!)

Leaf Green: OHKO'd a shiny Tangela with my level 40 Seadra's Twister... (Oh right, Tangela have low Special Defense...)

Leaf Green: Battled Sabrina's level 43 Alakazam with my level 41 Alakazam. (And won.)

Leaf Green: Captured Snorlax and the legendary birds while my Hypno was in battle. (Talk about coincidence...)

Diamond: Replaced my Lucario's Screech with Metal Sound when all his other attacks were physical... (Plus, my Lucario has lower Attack than Special Attack...)

Diamond: One day I visited the news centre in Solaceon to find out they wanted a Happiny. After that, I evolved my only Happiny (the one from the freebie egg). And this was before I got the Luck Incense and the TM for Thief...

Diamond: Kept Splash on my Gyarados for a long time, just for use in contests. (It never got past the Ultra Rank anyway.)

Diamond: My Pachirisu learned Last Resort. The description I read of the attack read "Only useable after all other attacks have been used". I continued training my Pachirisu and used up all the PP for its attacks. Then I used Last Resort and it failed. Whoooops! Talk about misunderstanding!

Colosseum: Switched out my Altaria for Magcargo in the same turn that I had my Quagsire use Earthquake. (Ouch...)

Last edited:

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    Hmmm... Many. I once tried too EV train a Shedinja in HP >.<

I can't really remember my 'silliest' thing but my friend used a Master Ball on a Goldeen, he claimed that he didn't have any Pokeballs so he used the Master Ball instead. ¬_¬

lostprophetsown

chatot,lucario and lance lover
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 30, 2013
    i had pokemon red for gbc but lost it after 1year then for my bday 4 days be4 we moved house i got a new one with pokemon red when we were moving i found my other gameboy so i decided to sell my new gameboy with new pokemon red sold the wrong one on ebay for 59pound had all 151 pokemon all legit......
    on pokemon gold i saw a nidoran that was blue and i ran away turned out it was a shiny! got confused between the gender and colours...
    and with my diamond and pearl ..... threw up over it.... dont laugh it doesnt even work anymore curse them 3 mars bars lol XD

Loud and Annoying Pidgey

« if you still b e l i e v e »
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    Gold: Caught Ho-oH And Got Lost In The Place That You Catch Him In. :P

Silver: Did Same As Gold. :P

Red Rescue Team: Declined Ho-oH's Recruit. :P

Saphire: Killed Kyogre. 1HKO

Ruby: Killed Groudon. 1HKO

Emerald: Killed Groudon And Kyogre. 1HKO

Pokemon Breeder Zoria

Normal Type Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2008
    Yellow: Kept Tackle on my Pikachu untill the elite four.
    Red: Got frustrated and ended up biting the gameboy. It broke. xD (I was 6!)
    Silver: Found a shiny tyrogue in an egg and restarted the game... retarded me.
    Crystal: Used a level 5 caterpie in the elite four.
    Fire Red: Nothing yet.
    Diamond: Released my Riolu. D;
    Pearl: Nothing... yet. xD

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    In Crystal... I had used all my Pokeballs on Lapras, excapt one: my Master Ball. And I didn't save before the battle and didn't want to wait until next Friday, so I wasted it. I was depressed afterwards...

Craznn

- Bannt -
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2011
    ... In Pokemon Gold, after I having these Legendaries; Ho-oh, Raikou, Suicune, Entei. I tried to clone them using the 'trick'. But.. I somehow did it wrong, and it erased my game. My uncle was right beside me when I did it, and he was laughing his @ss off, cuz I played that game for over a week just to get that far. T-T

shadow25

Breader
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    on pearl i let my little bro traed my event manaphy for a catapie

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    I thought this part of the forum was only for the third generation >>;;
    Although I could be wrong.

I haven't really done anything too stupid yet in my advanced games. Although when I got Sapphire, I leveled up Sayble up to level 45 waiting for it to evolve ._.

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
    Trying to somehow teach my Sableye Magical Leaf in order to complete the never miss set: Aerial Ace, Shock Wave, Magical Leaf and Shadow Punch. Unfortunately, I couldn't teach my Sableye Shadow Punch either. XD

MissMegano

not-so innocent saint
    Years
    Ha ha. In Silver I walked far into a cave. I didn't have Flash and I didn't realize I could turn the power off and on and be out of the it. I got really lost and started my game over. :,(

s l u g

arriving somewhere but not here,
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2023
    But absol is worth it :D

for me atleast :D

~♪Fire_Guardian♪~

♪The Fire Pokemon Trainer♪
    Years
    Well for me it isn't..

I didn't get Groudon in the game...(Pokemon Ruby)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    And one more thing,, I used a LV. 27 Gloom for a battle with a LV. 40 Registeel. XD

s l u g

arriving somewhere but not here,
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2023
    Oh ok lol :D ~~

actually the one silliest thing i did was

ahem* did not take the master ball in the hideout

i had to play the whole game from scratch

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back