• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Solo Challenge

Peq

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 19, 2021
I'm interested! I love the idea of a solo challenge. It reminds me of the companionship of Pikachu and Ash as they set off into the world together.
Someday my Ultimate Goal is to solo with every starter pokemon in every game and give them all a retirement in the new Pokemon Home!
For now lets start with this:

Username: Peq
Partner Pokemon: Squirtle
Challenge: Single
Game(s): Blue (0/8)
Previous Progress: No

I'll edit this as I go along!
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
I'll probably regret this later when I'm trying to beat the Champion with an unevolved Normal type, but it's my favorite Pokémon for a reason! ❤️

Username: lillipup03
Partner Pokemon: Lillipup
Game(s): Black
Previous Progress: None

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 18, 2020
This will be my first solo run ever. Made an account just to sign-up :D
I don't if I can use a Legendary but if it's not allowed, please let me know.
Hacked Victini as a starter.

Username: Ignitta
Partner Pokemon: Victini
Game(s): White 1

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 18, 2020
Update #1

I've just arrived Castelia City. I have 2 badges and Victini is lv. 21

Screenshot_2020-02-26-07-36-16.png

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 21, 2020
I'm trying a pretty dumb challenge for myself after watching a youtuber complete said challenge. I've done a couple of solo runs in the past but today I have started what is going to be the most insane thing I've done. I want to beat each Pokemon League with only a single Rattata. I plan to go through all regions other than the one from Sword and Shield seeing as I do not have a Switch. Will this run be impossible? Perhaps. Will I try anyway this summer? Absolutely.
I've already managed to defeat Misty with my trusty rodent and so I'm gonna go ahead and sign up here to keep track of my wins.

Username: johnnythe3rd
Partner Pokemon: Rattata
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): Blue (8/8) Crystal (8/16) Omega Ruby (0/8) Platinum (0/8) Black (0/8) Y (1/8) Ultra Moon (1/8)
Previous Progress: Nope

Current Progress:
Blue
Spoiler:

Crystal
Spoiler:

Y Version
Spoiler:

Ultra Moon
Spoiler:

Wish me luck! (I'll just update my progress on this post if that's alright.)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 21, 2020
So as I complete the Johto side of my Rattata solo run I've come to the realization that I have no solid way to get a regular rattata egg into Pokemon Y, Omega Ruby, nor Ultra Moon. So what I'm doing as a side project is to reach that goal with a secondary solo challenge. This one just a single run through Omega Ruby with the Treeko line. I'm gonna catch a ton of pokemon throughout it but only Treeko-Grovyle-Sceptile will be used in combat. My goal is to complete this game so that wild Rattata will appear in Hoenn so I can catch a couple and breed them, transfer three eggs into Pokemon bank (as well as all the extra pokemon I catch) and then restart Omega Ruby as well as Ultra Moon and start Y with a Rattata egg.

Here is my sign up for my Omega Ruby Run:

Username: johnnythe3rd
Partner Pokemon: Treeko -> Sceptile
Game: Omega Ruby

Completed in 16:47
I beat Roxanne, Brawly, and Wattson with one attempt. Flannery took seven tries, I had to give up leveling Grovyle to 43 to get Fury Cutter coz Sceptile's Sp. Defense was the only way to beat that Flamin' Tortoise. Not ten minutes later I beat Norman in one attempt. Winona also only took one attempt. Liza+Tate and Wallace only took one attempt as well.

Sceptile
Level 67
HP 197
Attack 157
Defense 119
Sp. Attack 164
Sp. Defense 130
Speed 198

False Swipe
Rock Tomb
Giga Drain
Leaf Blade

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 13, 2020
Going to do a Latios only challenge in Emerald... Yes, EMERALD. I think I will need to be level 20 to defeat Youngster freaking Calvin....

Edit... Just beat May with 5 HP remaining...

2nd Edit... took 2:37 of in game time to get Latios to level 10... Yep 2 HOURS and 37 MINUTES... And I still have 10 levels until I get Dragonbreath the first move Latios can use to cause damage to Dark types like Poochyena.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 13, 2020
Any additional rules I'll try to follow are.

No revives.
Potions and X items are allowed though since Latios will not be holding a Soul Dew.

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
Username: 5qwerty
Partner Pokemon: Dewgong
Game(s): Fire Red (gonna hack the Seel in as a starter)

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
It's been years since I've been on here, but I got into doing solo runs again so I figured why not post here as well. According to my own files and lists I completed about 53 solo runs before I stopped/lost interest. I don't have any video footage of those though, so I'm not gonna count them. I just finished a run and I did one 2 years ago (I'm posting it cause I'm making it count in my own 'keeping-track-of' list, but let me know if you don't want to put it up). I'll use the sign-up block to get the info in here, but like I said both of these are completed.

Username: Hann
Partner Pokemon: Cacturne
Game: Leaf Green
Previous Progress: No (did this one 2 years ago)

cacturne.png

Saguaro the Lax Cacturne (M) @ Lv.89
Ability: Sand Veil
Return
Seismic Toss
Needle Arm
Faint Attack

Don't remember much about it aside from the fact that I did it in one sitting one evening, probably just cause I felt like playing some Pokémon and I just happened to record it.
Spoiler:

Username: Hann
Partner Pokemon: Pyroar
Game: Y
Previous Progress: No (just finished this one)

pyroar.gif

Ozai the Hasty Pyroar (M) @ Lv.100
Ability: Unnerve
Item: Leftovers
Crunch
Hyper Voice
Solar Beam
Flamethrower

I was surprised by how much stuff I still remembered. I had a bit of an issue with Grant's gym, until I realised I could avoid the trainer with the Relicanth completely and I only needed a few more levels for Ozai to evolve. Once I got to Korrina my level was already high enough to avoid any further issues, the biggest 'problem' overall was maybe Lysandre's Gyarados but even that was taken care of in 2 hits or so. I thought Siebold would give me some trouble, but I went a little overzealous with the Lucky Egg and apparently having a level 100 Pyroar makes everything pretty easy, who knew... Anyway I did enjoy this one a lot.
Spoiler:

Because I know myself I'm not gonna post any actual sign-ups or in-progress runs, just like the ones above I'll just post once when I complete a run. I figure that's better than having a ton of my in-progress runs up there and I change my mind like the weather, so who knows which one I'll finish next.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 4, 2020
Username: d a k o t a
Partner Pokemon: Gardevoir
Game(s): Ruby

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 4, 2020
First Update (Ruby - 2/8)
Athena the Ralts - Level 16
- Confusion
- Double Team
- Growl​
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
Username: JosephWolffster
Partner Pokemon: Pelipper
Game(s): Emerald

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
Started the run and chose Mudkip as my start, so May had Treecko just for a bit extra challenge. I rushed through the beginning section beat May and got pokeballs so I could get my Wingull naming him Kull, no clue why just first thing I thought of. Trained him a bit before taking on my first trainer. I continued taking on every trainer I could ending up being level 16 before taking on Roxanne she was pretty easy since I got a crit on Nosepass. I helped out Devon and got the letter for Steven and headed for Dewford. I destroyed the gym, Brawly was no challenge at all, before giving Steven his letter and heading for Slateport to help out Capitan Stern and saved my progress for the moment.

Kull the Wingull is Level 23 with Water Gun, Wing Attack, Steel Wing and Mist

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 4, 2021
I would like to sign in
Username:323k13L
Game:Pokemon Red
Challenge:151 challenge(beat the game with all 151 Pokémon avaible each Pokémon)
For op Pokémon like legendary, fully evolved pokemon
Its gonna be a speed run
For weak Pokémon original gameplay
Single challenge

Back