• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Spriters Union!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocket member 777

Spriter, Webmaster, Kid
Years
  • What the heck is the Spriters Union?
    The spriters union is a group of people who have the ability to sprite. We show our sprites off to each other, hold contest, and teach people who don't know how to sprite. If you want to know what people think of your sprites you can post them here as ask people to rate them. Basicly we just want to sprite and have fun!

What is the SU Spriter's School?
    The Spriter's School is a place where people can request tutorials on different types of spriting. Baisicly you get taught how to sprite.

How do I join?
    It's really easy. All you have to do is fill out the form below and give examples of what you can do:

Username:
    Spriting experience:
    Additional comments:
    Examples:

And that's it! Depending on how well you can sprite you will be put in different ranks. If you want to get your rank changed show us some of your best sprites and we might change your rank. If you want to be a student just fill out this form:

Username:
    What you want to learn:
    Additional comments:

And lastly if you want to be a teacher fill out this form:

Username:
    What do you want to teach?
    Additional comments:

Ranks
    Leader: Rm 777
    Co-Leader: Corey
    Admins: Crossel
    Elite Spriters: [Angel if Twighlight::/ Omega Latios
    Spriters: Mismagius/ Matt Silver

Spriter's Union School of Spriting:

Teachers: Rocket member 777

Students:

Last edited:

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I'd say this is more suitable in the Pixel Projects, or at the very least the Other Clubs. Definitely not here, though. The Mixed Community Groups general forum is for Pokemon-based things only, but this club seems to be more lenient on spriting, even if it were to be Pokemon spriting.

I'm moving this to the Pixel Projects forum.

~Moved

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
  • Username: Sun_Ce (You can just call me Corey)
    Spriting experience: Umm...ever since I started here.
    Additional comments: I don't sprite often, but I put alot of work into what I do. I believe I am a decent spriter.
    Examples: I have a sprite thread I just posted called Meh....my work.
    Here is the link, just go check there.
    https://pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=124192

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
  • Thank you, mind if I seem some of your work? I noticed your avatar, but I would like to see some more.

Years
  • Username: Crossel
    Spriting experience: Around 1.5 years..
    Additional comments: I sprite in my own style.. some of my sprites are in a pokemon style, some of them are different, that's because i spend to much time on a sprite haha..
    Examples: Check my tread.. Crossel's sprites

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
    Years
  • Why not. I just don't see how it's different than what we do anyway.

Username: You can find out. [Angel of Twilight::
    Spriting Experience: Pretty good, I'm still on profiles though, can't think of many good poses for my sprites.
    Additional Comments: After the SoCal fire (My house..) my dad bought another Mac, not a PC, so I have to sprite on PS Elements, which I've never used. Haven't sprited in a while
    Examples: ...
    The Spriters Union!

The Spriters Union!

The Spriters Union!

The Spriters Union!

The Spriters Union!

Olz.

The Magic Auroa
    Years
  • Username: Mismaguis
    Spriting experience: None, i'm making some for my mate though.. for his game.
    Additional comments: Er.. i can only make d/p sprites atm :(. Working on Firered.
    Examples:
    The Spriters Union!

The Spriters Union!

The Spriters Union!

Matt Silver

Who Do You Think?
    Years
  • Username: Matt Silver
    Spriting experience: Started in May 05. Officially got better August 07.
    Additional comments: Never had sprite threads though, it was mostly sprites for my comic. Not really good with Pokemon sprites, just FRLG overworlds and other trainer sprites.
    Examples: The cast of Pokemon KD - 4th-genifed:
    The Spriters Union!

Years
  • Username: Дон Пач (Call me Don Patch if Дон Пач is too hard/annoying)
    Spriting Experience: About 2 years.
    Additional Comments: Well, my expertise is mainly spriting tiles and making maps, but I can also sprite other things such as Pokémon.
    Proof of Work: Here, in my thread.

Rocket member 777

Spriter, Webmaster, Kid
    Years
  • Sorry about that. I just added you on. Now we shall begin the first ever S.U Spriting Contest! For this contest there will be three rounds. In each round you will be asked to make a certain kind of sprite which will be judged by me. So who wants to join the contest?

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Wow, I don't know how I missed this - I guess a few days away kinda zonks you out a bit.

Anyway, first off, I apologise. It seems there is a lot of interest in this deal and it seems to be a shame to close it down, but the fact is that it's a rehash of already existing ideas in the Pixel Art forums. Showcase threads can be made individually; contests can be held by members (provided they get permission first); tutorials, that already cover a range of ... techniques, I suppose, are already available, and I'm sure if one were to ask politely enough, someone could make a tutorial upon request. There's already an expanse of tutorials available out there on the net.

The ranking system (or lack thereof), doesn't seem all that fair to me either, nor does it really seem applicable unless participants are creating high-level pieces of work.

tl;dr - All that this union offers is already available to everyone in the PA forums, thus making this thread redundant.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back