• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Starter Discussion Thread

Which starter will you be choosing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Really. I'm wondering where the best place to put the following link that leads to a Bulbapedia news story. Its relevant to this and the old threads that really fit the bill were deleted/moved/merged.

https://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Arrest_made_over_CoroCoro_leak

So this is the guy that leaked the original pictures of the final evolutions that everyone thought were fake forever ago. Seems Gamefreak were serious about their don't share policy that was given to Serebii and Pokebeach. A member of their own team was arrested for leaking the final evos 17 days early.

And since I haven't been here in a while. Daneki all the way. Epic Sea Unicorn Dragon FTW.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Wow, thanks for sharing (yeah it does belong here, considering the controversy mainly occured here afterwards, idk if there's any other threads we'll just merge it with this). I find it pretty strange that it would cause him to go to jail, I mean, they're just Pokemon, people... didn't even believe they were real. Idk, I think it's unjust, considering how nobody thought they were real in the first place, which just gave them something to speculate upon leading up to the release. Meh.

And... haha, Daikenki has so many (long) nicknames it's hard to keep track of.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Really. I'm wondering where the best place to put the following link that leads to a Bulbapedia news story. Its relevant to this and the old threads that really fit the bill were deleted/moved/merged.

So this is the guy that leaked the original pictures of the final evolutions that everyone thought were fake forever ago. Seems Gamefreak were serious about their don't share policy that was given to Serebii and Pokebeach. A member of their own team was arrested for leaking the final evos 17 days early.

And since I haven't been here in a while. Daneki all the way. Epic Sea Unicorn Dragon FTW.

Wow the Japanese are bloody serious about their Anime.....

He did break the law however... But it seems so odd to get arested over that.

lol Forever, I just call it the water final evo >.< I can never remember it' name. It looks so furry in the art <3

Years
    Definitely getting the Sea Otter for the English version. The one I played already, I chose the Pig, only cause my friend already chose the Snake.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years

Personally, I think there are crimes that need to be attended to that are worse than a leak. Still, he broke the rules of his company...

See, this is why I absolutely HATE leaks. Not only do they ruin companies' plans for releasing certain content, they're also likely to get people in trouble. Is waiting for the official release really that hard? People can still speculate on stuff without any leaks... I feel sorry for the guy, but that wasn't an authorized unveiling of info by Corocoro... :cer_no:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

lol Forever, I just call it the water final evo >.< I can never remember it' name. It looks so furry in the art <3

...yeah I can't even remember Tsutaaja's final evo's name, I think it's Jaroda, but isn't that the middle evo? D:

And as for leaks in general (not exactly this), I appreciate their worth, but it just makes it much more confusing for the fans. If there wasn't any leaks, I think the time period leading up to the release would be better. XD; Though by far this would have to be one of the most controversial leaks.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years

...yeah I can't even remember Tsutaaja's final evo's name, I think it's Jaroda, but isn't that the middle evo? D:

And as for leaks in general (not exactly this), I appreciate their worth, but it just makes it much more confusing for the fans. If there wasn't any leaks, I think the time period leading up to the release would be better. XD; Though by far this would have to be one of the most controversial leaks.
    Janovy is Tsutarja's middle evo's name. Jaroda/Jalorda is the final evolution's name.

What I don't get about the leaks is why Nintendo was so overprotective of them.

King Gumball

Years

lol I called it Jarouda, then Jarooda and Jaroda. Idk why the names keep changing, I just pray the English names will be released soon :O

On the leaks, definitely. I feel so sorry for that poor dude that leaked it, though you commit the ridiculous crime, you do the time.

@Kaori- Jarouda does have a very similar pose to Milotic... It is the land dwelling Milotic of this gen.

Asrodrig

#1 Meowth fan
    Years
    My favorite out of all three by quite a bit is Mijimaru.
    The Starter Discussion Thread

CAYOOOT!!

Llennoccm8

The Sprietenator
    Years
    MAJOR NEWS: Coro Coro Leaker Arrested in Japan

A a japanese worker for Coro Coro magazine has been arrested due to takeing pictures of the coro coro scans with his phone, and distributeing them on the internet. Nintendo new nothing about the leaking. One of the Creaters was upset to find out their various big new pokemon reveals weren't as be as he though.

Heres the Bulbanews version of the story:

Chikusei City police have arrested a Japanese man for distributing images of new Pokémon before their official release.
    27-year-old company employee Matoko Sekiguchi has been charged with using his mobile phone to photograph then-unreleased Pokémon and sharing them online. The incident, which took place on Sept. 1, involved six pictures of Janovy, Chaobu and Futachimaru. The three Pokémon were scheduled to release seventeen days later in Pokémon Black and White.
    The images were found on a "cyber patrol". Although police did not release the source of the images, they did confirm that the images were from the October issue of CoroCoro magazine, which was due out on 15th September 2010. CoroCoro often leaks ahead of its release, but not usually two weeks in advance.
    Of his intent, Sekiguchi said:
    " I thought I would show everyone the characters that haven't been made public yet. " -- Makoto Sekiguch

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    (Can you believe Kaori and I flipped a coin to decide who'll merge? I won btw).

Merged with starter discussion, because this is where the discussion is going on anyway.~
    (Plus people will click redirect and seeee).

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    I can't imagine how long that guy will be in jail for. A week? A month or two?

But I wouldn't be surprised it went over a few years because this is Japan and it's a completely different law comapred to others.

King Gumball

Years
    I can't imagine how long that guy will be in jail for. A week? A month or two?

But I wouldn't be surprised it went over a few years because this is Japan and it's a completely different law comapred to others.

Several months probably and fired from Game Freak.

Rucario

Madam you see before you stand
    Years
    To be honest, I really don't like the idea of the new starters. I like the Grass starter fully, because it looks really cool, the Water starter's first two stages suck and I like the last one, but the Fire starter is just terrible in general to me. I really don't like how the 5th generation is starting off right now.

Black Prince

±♠ サヨナラ ♠±
    Years
    I only like the Grass type starter, Tsutaja or something like that for its Japanese name if I'm not wrong. It doesn't really look great first, but its last stage is cool to my mind.
    Otherwise, the two other ones..Uh..Well...They're not really my cup of tea. xD
    Oh okay, maybe the Water type's not-bad-looking in the end, but the Fire type...Oh gosh, I don't even want to talk about it. .n.

Anyway, this is just my opinion. I respect other's tastes, if they like Water and Fire type starters, that's their right.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2010
    To be honest I think all 3 of them look kind of 'cutesy'. The best out of the 3 is definitely the grass one however.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Not that the starters really pleased me too much, but I find Pokabu quite cute. It reminds me of a bunny even though it has the pig nose to classify it's a pig. Trying to keep my self with little spoilers in Black and White so I do not have much to say about the evolution line for Pokabu. However, I find it the best out of the three, so Pokabu would have to be my choice if I buy the games.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Tsutaja!!!
    Gosh, that Pokemon is so adorable!!! :333 Who cares even if it's a snake? >_>

xMiZx

Lazy Battler
    Years
    I'll grab all 3 eventually. But Mijumaru's final evolution won the battle with me. And I was tired of the Fire/Fighting combo that I've seen for the 3rd gen in a row.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back