• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Starter Discussion Thread

Which starter will you be choosing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

~Azure-

~Winter 2010.
Years
    • Seen May 22, 2010
    Tsutaja. First time i'll ever use the grass starter just because of looks :P

baseballa34657

Roleplaying Assasin
    Years
  • the grass and water one are o.k. but that pig one just plain is horrible i hate it. But i need 2 see evolutions before a decision

Rumi

Bottlecap Collector
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2010
    I wasn't crazy about the starters at first, but I've come to like them. I've always loved the grass starters the most, so I'll probably choose Tsutaaja.

TotoPacMan

*insert witty title*
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2024
    I'll need to see the final evolutions, but I'm probably going with the grass starter. He's so Joe Cool, you know.
    The fire one is a pig. It better turn into a giant boar with tusks that shoots fire out of it's eyes.
    The water one is... wait it's an otter? I thought it was a snowman. >.<

but of course I'll have all three.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • but of course I'll have all three.

you better hope they have a gts or you by both Black and white what kinda makes me mad is the lack of backwards capability how am I supposed to complete the dex if I can't trade from my Platinum or Soul Silver?

oh and I'll choose Tsutaaja

Esmas

General
    Years
  • you better hope they have a gts or you by both Black and white what kinda makes me mad is the lack of backwards capability how am I supposed to complete the dex if I can't trade from my Platinum or Soul Silver?

oh and I'll choose Tsutaaja
    What? There is backwards compatibility. I think it'd be obvious, as it has been stated several times and it's on the same system, but meh.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    My first thoughts when I first saw them were:
    Tsutaja - Sly looking and cool
    Pokabu - Cute and playfule
    Mijumaru - Terribly ugly

However, as I got to looking and thinking about them, Mijumaru really started to grow on me. To me it seems like something that is so ugly it's cute (like a manatee). Looking at them, I've started to like all three without really having a distinct favorite. So for now I won't know which I like best untill they release their evolutions.

tvoza2

Armored Skarmory
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2019
    Tsutaja is my choice unless one of the others 3rd form wows me

Totaldile

appeared! Totaldile used RAWR!
    Years
  • Tsutaaja on one version.
    I love the fanart for him.

I'm debating between Miju and Poka.
    Miju looks really cute and adorable, but he seems like a pachirisu kinda pokemon to me.

Poka, I hate pigs, and I hate his animation, but he looks very stron g and I looooove fire types.
    I'll have to see their evos.

cystar

Favorite Pokemon is Politoed
    Years
  • Tsutaaja and Miju im def geting im not getting poka for a first i hate the fire starter love the grass and water starters

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • Looking at it now, I'll probably choose the Grass-typed Cyndaquil/Treecko fusion, Tsutaja/Tsutaaja.

But I'll have more looks to evolutions, attacks and Gyms before making my real choice.

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
    Years
  • What do you think of Smugleaf?

I for one, think it is made of win and awesome.

The Starter Discussion Thread

Discuss the God that is Smugleaf, and his (hopefully) evolution into Smugdragon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back