• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Starter Discussion Thread

Which starter will you be choosing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    @MRAS: Well still! I bet it'll know other fighting moves too :D ...and it shall be a fighting type to me, even if it officially isn't.

I'm one who usually ditches starters, so keeping it may be a challenge after I train up Mamepato and other beginner Pokemon. In the end I usualy go looks over power ;; ...unless I keep Mijumaru's second evo as is.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2010
    I find that funny... Because I might be ditching my starter for the first time. xD

Yeah, that's ironic alright. xD I just won't ditch it because it kind of grew on me... :/ And I've never started with a fire type solo. But yeah, I could also start with Mijumaru, evolve it to the awesomeness of Futachimaru, teach it those moves that Forever mentioned and then, evolve and ditch or stay as Futachimaru on my party. xD But I'm going with Pokabu this time...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    @MRAS: Well still! I bet it'll know other fighting moves too :D ...and it shall be a fighting type to me, even if it officially isn't.

I'm one who usually ditches starters, so keeping it may be a challenge after I train up Mamepato and other beginner Pokemon. In the end I usualy go looks over power ;; ...unless I keep Mijumaru's second evo as is.
    Oh than Majimaru would be a Water/Fighting pokemon like Feraligator is Water/Fighting for me and Sceptile Grass/Dragon :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2010
    Oh, gen IV. xD Forget it, then.

Gen III was another were the base pokémon were awesome and then they ruined Torchic by making that awful-looking Blaziken and that kind of ugly Marshtomp. Now, I kind of like Marshtomp, but I still feel bad towards Blaziken. xD Treecko's family, on the other hand, was a marvelous one. It was natural and evolved in a smooth, yet great way. xD

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years

Gen III was another were the base pokémon were awesome and then they ruined Torchic by making that awful-looking Blaziken and that kind of ugly Marshtomp. Now, I kind of like Marshtomp, but I still feel bad towards Blaziken. xD Treecko's family, on the other hand, was a marvelous one. It was natural and evolved in a smooth, yet great way. xD
    Blaziken isn't Ugly...(sorry I just hate it when people call Blaziken ugly funny that you are the first one)...
    I like all the starters then again :)

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I always thought the design for Blaziken would have been much cooler for something Legendary, rather than a starter. :P

Years

I love Blaziken... but it does look a bit ugly. X_X
    But at least it doesn't turn into something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. *Stares at sealionotternarwhalunicorn thing* X3

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2010
    Yeah, it isn't that much different. But think of Torchic. xD It could have been an awesome bird, Charizard-cool-like. xD

I knew people would fall on me by saying that Blaziken is a bit ugly, but hay, it's just an opinion. Let's all be friends and hate sealionotterthingy. Nothing like a common thing to hate to make people friends. xD

Years
    Yeah, it isn't that much different. But think of Torchic. xD It could have been an awesome bird, Charizard-cool-like. xD

I knew people would fall on me by saying that Blaziken is a bit ugly, but hay, it's just an opinion. Let's all be friends and hate sealionotterthingy. Nothing like a common thing to hate to make people friends. xD

Seaotterlionthingy needs to not exist, or ill be very mad. Everstones FTW. :D

Years

True dat, lol.
    I shouldn't be thinking this far ahead, but if they ever make a 6th gen, I wonder what animals the starters will be based on... And will GF try to "do something different" and have their final evolutions look completely different? X_X

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I go to do dishes and you guys start discussing Blaziken, pfft. XD

As for Mijumaru's final evolution, I hate it as much as you guys. D:

And don't speculate on a sixth generation either.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I dislike the idea that it's the third and final evolution, but I do like its design. :o This all being about Mijumaru of course.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It's okay, I'm sure there's... threads somewhere on PC for you to do so. XD;

The design fits a standalone Pokemon, imo, rather than the starters. :(

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2010
    Why bothering with the first two stages? Just create something random so we you can change it all in the third stage! Make it look nothing like the previous ones!

Btw, it's getting late here. Oh, and I take advantage of this post to use the cliché expression "Sorry for my english, it's not my native language!", because it isn't, but then again, I kick ass at it, so no apologies! xD

I'll be back tomorrow, no worries! xD

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019

Exactly what I mean. The evolution, if you ask me, should have been something bipedal. Much like its two pre-evolutions.

Years

Oh, yes. I agree. If Mr. Sealionotternarwhalunicorn thing was of its own species, then I would definitely like it more. It just... doesn't belong in Mijumaru's evolution line. D:,

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back