• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Starter Discussion Thread

Which starter will you be choosing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Olliee

Spreading the Pokerus. PM me
Years
  • Wow, this is really pathetic. XD
    I personally like Pokabu, it's cool. Fire/Fighting? Cool, i'd rather have fire/fighting than just fire :)

ALSO; This beast doesn't look like it'll be as fragile as the others.

Years
  • No.
    Fire/Water/Grass is the basis.
    They decided to add a bonus to the basis.
    Another possible type.
    14 possible types.
    Yet the last 7 years they re-did one combination.
    From 14 possible types.

And what?? I am trolling?

Says the guy who's using troll language 101.

Hypocrite..?

You have been posting how you absolutley detest the fire/fighting typing in this thread for hours, if not an entire day by now. And you're making fact less generalizations, and getting worked up over nothing. = Troll.

Face it, its typing is fire/fighting. You can't change that fact. Deal with it.

Wow, this is really pathetic. XD
    I personally like Pokabu, it's cool. Fire/Fighting? Cool, i'd rather have fire/fighting than just fire :)

Boarbeque ( fan name xD ) reminds me of a bi-pedal mamoswine, so bulky with some power to boot.

Last edited:

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • But that's different. It's like celebrating xmas every year on the same day. It's tradition. On the other hand, it's not a tradition for the fire type starter, to have fighting as its secondary type. You're just trolling as much as you claimed the others to troll.
    I would have no complaints if Game Freak suddenly decided: "**** it, lets have the starters be Ice, Ground and Rock types, just for a change."

Seriously, comparing an aspect of a Pokemon game to Christmas really isn't a very good comparison to make.

And for the last time, you're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to mine. That doesn't change the fact that getting so worked up about a small aspect of a video game is incredibly stupid. You don't like it? Fine, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. However, exclaiming over and over again: "BUT IT'S THE 3RD TIME IN A ROW OMFG WHY GAME FREAK WHY!!!!!!!!!" is retarded.

There's a difference between 'disliking' and 'getting worked up about'.

Wow, this is really pathetic. XD

I'm not sure whether or not you're saying getting worked up about the typing of Fire/Fighting is pathetic (in which case I would agree with you) or if the argument in general is pathetic. If you meant the argument in general is pathetic, it's really not.

Not sure about you guys, but I joined here to get involved with interesting Pokemon discussion. It really bugs me when I'm scanning through threads like this, and all people have to say is: "I liek Tsutaja, he is kewl" or "I liek Mijumaru, he is cute". It's incredibly lame.

Last edited:

Olliee

Spreading the Pokerus. PM me
    Years
  • Don't Hate, Embrace!
    EMBRACE THE PIG.
    just think of all the bacon you can have if you choose it and then kill it.

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
    Years
  • Don't Hate, Embrace!
    EMBRACE THE PIG.
    just think of all the bacon you can have if you choose it and then kill it.

The Most Intelligent Thing I've Read in the last 2 pages of this Thread xDDD

ahem "there's no sense crying over every mistake...
    we'll just keep on trying till we run out of cake~"
    true words... true words

anyway i'll be "acquiring" a copy of Pokemon White on Release and i'm using Pokabu
    I tend to use All the Starters(not at the same time though)
    i hope this last Fire Fighting Evo doesn't disappoint as Infernape did siigh~

Years
  • Jebus Chrismo, Kanto_Johto. Just drop it. He doesn't like the typing, SO WHAT?
    Can't you just be the bigger person and... leave the thread? ...I lol'd. XD

I don't like the typing either tbh, and It's becoming a bit boring... =/
    I had intentions on picking Pokabu, but I'm thinking of boxing it for one of the elemental monkeys. :3

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2011
    I share the same opinion as thestarr.

You have been posting how you absolutley detest the fire/fighting typing in this thread for hours, if not an entire day by now. And you're making fact less generalizations, and getting worked up over nothing. = Troll.
    Trolls call other people trolls.

And no. This is what I said.
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6151930&postcount=1068
    How it makes no sense that they did that.

"absolutley detest the fire/fighting typing"? I never said that.
    I said its repetitive.

Man, get your facts straight before you run around judging people.
    On the internet of all of all place.

Years
  • I share the same opinion as thestarr.

Trolls call other people trolls.

And no. This is what I said.
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6151930&postcount=1068
    How it makes no sense that they did that.

"absolutley detest the fire/fighting typing"? I never said that.
    I said its repetitive.

Man, get your facts straight before you run around judging people.
    On the internet of all of all place.

People judging other people on the internet. Never heard of that one before.

How can you not be annoyed by the fact that its been fire-fighting 3 gens in a row? When there is so many more types to choose from, THAT's the one that gets nailed down for the fire starter again?
    You also said that.

You would be the one having a problem to not see why this would anger/disappoint/piss-off people.
    And that

The whole forum Pokemon fandom was furious when it was announced that it'd be fire/fighting again.
    This too.

Idk how you can't see why fans would get mad at this.
    This^

All im saying is that you're making mis-informed generalizations when you made your opinion. Not everyone feels the way you do, and you structured your posts to make it seem like you were totally right, which you aren't. "The entire fandom" isn't mad that the starter is fire/fighting. You can have your opinion, everybody can, but you're forcing it on other people.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    God, the Fire/Fighting thing. It annoys me too, but there's no reason to flame and fight lol im so punny about it.

... A bit late to mention this I guess, but... I really don't think Mijumaru3 can/will stand up on its hind legs. Just judging by the art it looks... big. Starter evos don't really get much taller than six or seven feet. I imagine Mijumaru3 on its hind legs would be at least ten feet tall. At least. Not to mention it doesn't look very capable of standing on its hind legs for long, based on its body structure. I also doubt it will remove and "weild" the shell on its head. Mainly because if it can't even stand up properly there's no way it can carry a weapon. But it still functions as a sort of katana. It just has to... awkwardly flail its head about to use it. Yah.

Years
  • People judging other people on the internet. Never heard of that one before.

You also said that.

And that

This too.

This^

All im saying is that you're making mis-informed generalizations when you made your opinion. Not everyone feels the way you do, and you structured your posts to make it seem like you were totally right, which you aren't. "The entire fandom" isn't mad that the starter is fire/fighting. You can have your opinion, everybody can, but you're forcing it on other people.

*Sniff* Why can't we all just get along? This is supposed to be a happy place... u_u I actually find it kinda funny that all these flame wars are starting because of Pokemon... XD

@iLike2EatPiez: That pun was perfect... x33

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • People judging other people on the internet. Never heard of that one before.

You also said that.

And that

This too.

This^

You are right I'm am one of the people who was just sad but didn't said I hated it I love the pokemon but could only care a bit on it's typing :)...so yeah Generalizations aren't good when not everyone feels that way...

Years
  • God, the Fire/Fighting thing. It annoys me too, but there's no reason to flame and fight lol im so punny about it.

... A bit late to mention this I guess, but... I really don't think Mijumaru3 can/will stand up on its hind legs. Just judging by the art it looks... big. Starter evos don't really get much taller than six or seven feet. I imagine Mijumaru3 on its hind legs would be at least ten feet tall. At least. Not to mention it doesn't look very capable of standing on its hind legs for long, based on its body structure. I also doubt it will remove and "weild" the shell on its head. Mainly because if it can't even stand up properly there's no way it can carry a weapon. But it still functions as a sort of katana. It just has to... awkwardly flail its head about to use it. Yah.

If you look at it's (Miju3) body structure, its a quadrupedal animal, and its spine/back is made in the way that would make walking on 2 Legs anatomically impossible. Unless it grows some new hidden joints and a new pelvis. xD

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2011

I could do the same thing and find quotes of you and snip them together and put them here out of context.

But I'm not that desperate.

All in all, somebody was saying that its all cool and not a big deal that repetition is happening in the fire starters for the last 7 years in this form.

I said its stupid and it is something to get disappointed over, considering its been 7 years of the same 'ol with just the fire starter.

You enter and name-call.

Woo.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Originally I wanted Tsutaaja, but after seeing Pokabu's Evolutions I now want him just so I can call him Ganon, though I wish he wasn't another Fire/Fighting, I was hoping for Fire/Dark.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years

I could do the same thing and find quotes of you and snip them together and put them here out of context.

But I'm not that desperate.

All in all, somebody was saying that its all cool and not a big deal that repetition is happening in the fire starters for the last 7 years in this form.

I said its stupid and it is something to get disappointed over, considering its been 7 years of the same 'ol with just the fire starter.

You enter and name-call.

Woo.
    Well I think that the reason they made it fire/fighting is because they wanted to make an opposite to Infernape with a pokemon based on the antagonist in the legend Infernape is from so Infernape is the fast attacker, Pokabu3 would be the Slow Bulky Fire/Fighting.
    Also I like the idea of a bulky fire/Fighting starter :)

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • im sad. another fire fighting?
    really? really gamefreak?
    but i won't even touch the pig (swine flu)
    but i love the grass starters final evo! big snake!
    and i also like the water starters evo. kinda like a swampert and lapras mix.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    I don't think anyone has stated that Fire/Fighting is a bad combo, and nor has anyone to my knowledge said that they don't like it as a type combo. Repeating ad nauseam that you don't understand why people have a problem with the same type combination on the Fire starter Pokemon for 3 Generations in a row is simply facetious. Repeatedly saying that those with the opposite viewpoint to you are stupid is not only facetious, but also unnecessarily provocative and more than a little bit bigoted.

Fact is, in games that promise as much revolution as Black/White, there is real cause to be disappointed in the lack of innovation in this area which is understandably very important to a large proportion of Pokemon players. As the starter Pokemon is the first one you get, and for a lot of people is the one Pokemon that accompanies the player on their entire journey from beginning to end, I think it's completely understandable to be a little bit peeved when the same type combination is used three games in a row. It certainly smacks of a lack of innovation and of the re-hashing of old ideas, especially in the case of Fire Pokemon - after all Fire is one of the types with the most unused possible type combinations.

If people want to be upset about Pokabu's evolutionary line's type combination, then they're more than entitled to be, and they have good reason to be, as indeed users of Tsutaja and Mijumaru would if their rumoured final stage types are to be believed - after all, plain Grass and plain Water could be considered missed opportunities as well. What do you gain by calling their views stupid or retarded?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back