• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Starter Discussion Thread

Which starter will you be choosing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2010
    I've been using Snivy on ym first and only playthrough, and it's been more than amazing at everything. A true beast of a pokemon, probably the best starter of this generation.

Years
  • I don't see 'Ohio = lots of grass and stuff' being a valid argument and being much relation to Snivy.
    Also for the Canada one, it doesn't relate much or at all with Oshawott..

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    What really springs my curiosity now is anime related.
    How will the Pokémon starters sound?
    It's quite hard to tell, for Mijumaru's voice is simply the cutest Pokémon voice I have ever heard!

Years
  • oh doG ... really? I mean seriouly? I was having a hard time deciding whether I wanted pokubu or tsutaja before but I was seriously considering the latter... I really like snakes, and hey, for the past two generations I've ended up using grass pokemon because they were better than the other choices (treecko and turtwig, I'm talking about).

but Snivy?? what kind of name is that?? I'd be embarrased just to be in the company of a pokemon with that name! I'm gonna have to go with tepig now. not the best name, admittedly, but at least it's not...ugh...snivy. maybe now I can get back into using fire, my former favorite type :) hopefully Tepig doesn't fail like chimchar did...

[do you like my use of God in the second word? :D]

Charizard203

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2019
    Tsutarja the awesome

I like Tsutarja (Snivy) because well it's awesome. Plus Jaroda looks cool.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    By the looks of things, i'll be going for Snivy, but not evolving it into Jaroda, feel sorry for the poor thing loosing its legs...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Even after hearing the English names, the starter I want to choose hasn't changed. Sure Oshawott...wasn't the ideal name I was looking to hear for Mijumaru, but like everything, I can adjust as I'm flexible enough. n_n I'll still be picking 'Oshawott' for my starter as the name isn't too bad and I won't change because of the name. xD;

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I think I'm going for Snivy. Actually, I had a hard time choosing between the three, but Snivy won out in the end. Maybe because it looks like it's going to go all out on others?

MurasakiYugata

Friend of Caterpie
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2010
    I'm going for Snivy. Grass types have tended to be my favorite starters and I definitely think he has the coolest looking fully-evolved form of the three.

Wow, looks like a lot of other people are going in the same direction. 0_0;

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • ALL. OF. THEM. They are all full of epicness and I don't know which one to choose.

But the real starter (from the beginning of the game) would probably be Tepig, simply because I <3 fire types.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Nice. Tsutaja is winning. I hate the name Snivy and hence I'm gonna still call it Tsutaja. >_>

I usually give all of my Pokemon their Japanese names to begin with, but I agree with you....Snivy is defintely a name to hate lol

But the starter that I'm going to start with is Oshawott because I've been using water starters ever since the 2nd generation

:t354:TG

Flan

has the bird flu.
    Years
    • Age 27
    • NYC
    • Seen Oct 15, 2017
    This year, it's a hard choice. I really cannot make a decision between all three, since I love all of the final end stages, especially Enbuoh and Daikenki. Jalorda is pretty cool too, though it has to be on the lower end. What I really like about Enbuoh and Jalorda are their shiny sprites, though, and that's why they get pushed up my list a little more. Shiny Daikenki is pretty ugly, sadly. So all-in-all, it's tough.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2010
    I'm choosing Oshawott, because the final evo of Tepig is horrible looking even if it is the strongest, and while Snivy has the best final evo, it is the worst in stats. So Oshawott it is ^^

Seriously, all three names suck though. Worst english starter names ever.

Everyone Esplode Noaw

Resident Russia Fanboy
    Years
  • Pokabu (Tepig) is cute until the first evolution (they're all retarded looking), Tsutaaja (Snivy)'s stats suck, and Mijumaru (Oshawott) is pure win.

So, in retrospect, I'm picking Oshawott.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back