• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] The Summit [T][OOC]

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
  • I'll get into the more detailed stuff a little later, but some kind of general notes!

Game Logic! The whole "everyone gets a starter when they turn ten!" thing isn't really a thing. Sure, it can happen to some people, but why not spice it up a bit?

On that note, make sure your characters aren't too young when they take on certain feats! Realistically, a ten to thirteen year old isn't going to be taking on gym leaders with much success.

Similarly, this isn't an anime. People don't naturally have odd hair or eye colors, so if you're going to have pink or blue hair, mention that it's dyed, and if you have something like red eyes, perhaps make them colored contacts (in which case, mention the character's natural eye color).

We need variety! With over seven hundred pokémon in existence, I don't think there should be much overlap in the pokémon we have. I see two Delphox and two Dragonite, which is not okay, especially since those aren't common pokémon.

As mentioned in the SU Sheet, you can only have one pokémon on your team that's capable of mega evolution. I don't just mean that you have the mega stone for it; I mean that it simply has a mega evolution. So, VeeVee, you can't have Salamence and Lucario, even if you only have Salamence's mega stone.

Keep realistic proportions. Meaning, you can have a runt pokémon or one that's a little larger than average, but make sure the rest of the body follows suit. So The Charred Mecha Dragon Zero, I'm not okay with your Charizard being a runt and having a wingspan of fifteen feet.

I'll start accepting SUs within the next few days. Hopefully a few more will be complete then.

Last edited:

GastlyGibus

I'm battin' a thousand!
    Years
  • No fancy coding because I am not skilled enough to do that.

Name: Leonard Waylon
    Birth Date: August 13th, 2000.
    Hometown: Lilycove City, Hoenn.

Appearance:​
    Leonard stands fairly tall, around 6'01", with a thin build and light skin. He has long, straight black hair that falls about down to his neck, and he's never seen without a sly, devious smirk on his face. For clothing, Leonard usually wears a black, fleece jacket with a white undershirt, loose-fitting jeans, and a pair of simple grey, laced sneakers.

History:​
    Spoiler:

Pokémon Partners

Species: Banette
    Name: Stella
    Moveset: Phantom Force, Shadow Sneak, Knock Off, Will-O-Wisp, Spite, Trick, Sucker Punch, Astonish, Screech, Curse.

Species: Masquerain
    Name: Jitters
    Moveset: Bug Buzz, Silver Wind, Air Slash, Scary Face, Whirlwind, Stun Spore, Water Sport, Sweet Scent, Psybeam, U-Turn.

Species: Breloom
    Name: Skipper
    Moveset: Mach Punch, Force Palm, Power-Up Punch, Seed Bomb, Leech Seed, Spore, Toxic, Protect, Mega Drain, Venoshock.

Writing Sample:

Spoiler:

Miscellaneous: Despite his skill with battling, Leonard is more of a researcher than anything. He can battle, and shows promise with it, but it is not his main goal. Since becoming Birch's, and now Sycamore's assistant, he has found an affinity for exploring the wilds and documenting his findings. Even still, Leonard still shows a bit of his old self occasionally. He likes to play harmless pranks from time to time, even on Professor Sycamore, and is always thinking of new ways to trick people for some less-than-wholesome amusement.

GoldenHouou

Abstract Nonsense
    Years
  • I originally meant to make a dude, but to try and keep this from becoming a sausage fest the genders more balanced, have a chick instead. I've used this character as an NPC and meant to use her somewhere for a while anyway, but haven't gotten her down on paper.

Also, quick question about the moves; do they work strictly the way they do in games, or is there room for creativity when used in battle, like in the anime/manga? For example, when I was looking at Alakazam's moves, he had things like Teleport, Telekinesis and Gravity, which are fairly useless in-game, but which sound like they could allow for neat tactics in more anime-esque battles. Just wanna check before I make my choices and all.

----

Name: Tabitha "Tanith" Schauer
    Birth Date: January 14th, 2002 - turned 16 this year
    Hometown: Celadon City, Kanto

Appearance | The first thing you'll notice about Tanith is that she looks a couple of years younger than she actually is due to her facial features and short stature. She stands at only 156 centimeters (5.15 feet) and has a very frail build, giving the impression that she can't really handle herself well in physical situations - which is true enough, really, as she has no real strength and her stamina is questionable at best. Because of that, she's often found riding on the back of her Pokémon instead of walking whenever she can get away with it. She isn't a very expressive person, so her face rarely conveys her feelings all that well, and her voice doesn't really help with that, being both very monotonous and often quiet. At times, if she's feeling particularly nervous or frustrated about talking, she uses her Alakazam to directly convey her thoughts to people's heads instead. She feels it's both more efficient and comfortable than her speaking on her own.

Tanith's hair is dyed purple for no other reason than that she likes purple. It's cut fairly short, reaching just past her jaw with a few strands being just long enough to tickle her shoulders. Her hair is often very smooth from the top, but tends to get somewhat messy the further down you go. As for her eyes, they're light blue and carry a perpetually bored (or sometimes irritated) look, just like the rest of the girl herself. For clothes, she prefers loose and cute things; long hoodies are her absolute favorite, and she especially adores knee-socks with cute animal patterns. Most often, she's found with a red Charmander hoodie over a t-shirt or a top, along with denim shorts and the aforementioned knee-length socks as well as a simple pair of whatever shoes she found comfortable at the moment.

History | Tanith was born into a family of Pokémon trainers, with her three elder brothers spending all their time competing over who'd one day get the title of Champion. Tanith shared their interest in Pokémon, but not in adventuring or challenging gyms - she was far more fascinated by Pokémon themselves, their biology, evolution and language were all far more interesting to her than battling. That led to quite a lot of teasing from her brothers - things such as "Oh, she's a girl, of course she can't battle! She's too stupid for it!" were a common thing for her to hear for years. She was an introverted, quiet kid and rarely said anything in return. Not because she would have been afraid to - but because she knew the things they said were simply untrue. She'd watched her brothers battle every night, sometimes in secrecy, sometimes out in the open - she knew their weaknesses better than anyone and had developed a bunch of ideal ways to defeat them already. She didn't know how well they would have worked in practice nor did she really have any will to find out, but saying she didn't understand battles when her brothers themselves made the clumsiest mistakes imaginable was absurd.

Her parents had gotten all the kids in the family Pokémon at a young age to encourage their Pokémon training, and the one Tanith had been handed was a Swinub, which she still has to this day. The Swinub, as well as the family's Abra that helped around the house from time to time, were somewhat of her best - and only - friends as a kid, and in a way, they contributed a lot to raising her, particularly after her father died of illness and her mother ended up having to spend most of her time at work, far away from home. It was because of her work that they eventually had to move from Kanto all the way to Kalos, as well. The sudden change of environment did nothing to help Tanith grow out of her shell, and thus she locked herself inside with her Pokémon even more than before - to the point she actually started to call them Mama and Papa; nicknames that have stuck to this day.

As you probably guessed, growing up, Tanith never really had any people-skills and thus never made any human friends. She didn't really understand how people worked an couldn't grasp the logic behind most of what they did - and not understanding something was always a source of anxiety for her. She was the kind of kid to take a clock off the wall and pick it apart just to see how the gears moved. As such, most of her childhood was spent inside with computers. She had a special knack for them, and programming was her favorite past time - in addition to Pokémon, anyway. There was nothing quite as satisfying as a program well done; seeing the machine act according to your commands to create something... it was thrilling. Ironically enough, even though Tanith is deadly afraid of ghost types due to their illogical nature, her first Pokémon she caught herself was a ghost type; a Rotom she met in an old electronics shop where she was looking for parts. For the longest time, it was only her, her starter Swinub, the family's Abra who'd become more and more of a guardian and a translator between her and the rest of the world to her, as well the Rotom. That was, until Tanith learnt of the existence of Porygon; a man-made Pokémon able to move freely in cyberspace. Immensely interested, she started to try and figure out a way to create her own. Unfortunately, it was at a time when her family was in a bit of a financial bind, so she couldn't afford the materials needed.

That's when she met a man by the name of Kristofer Riveraid by accident. A Pokémon hunter and a mercenary, Kris happened to need assistance on getting into a local small time firm's database for information. Their friendship didn't kick off immediately, but Kris had heard of her skills and continued to "accidentally" bump into her a lot of times, slowly but surely managing to befriend her. She helped him out the best she could at his request, finding out that the place she was hacking into wasn't the most secure place out there, and the money she received helped her eventually build the Porygon she wanted. It wasn't as brilliant and flawless as the factory made ones, but it was still something. It's still an ongoing project for her, helping her learn about artificial Pokémon and their creation, cyberspace and tactics. She and Kris worked on various smaller missions together afterwards as well, until eventually Tanith got even further involved in Pokémon research. That was how she came across professor Sycamore and heard of Mega evolution - which she instantly gained an interest in. It wasn't her only or even one of her most important research topics, but it was up there.

So when she was tasked to find out more about the recent discoveries in the field, she didn't waste a single moment packing up her things.

Pokémon Partner

alakazam.gif
    ||
    alakazam-mega.gif

Name: Papa
    Moveset: Teleport | Psychic | Telekinesis | Recover | Calm Mind | Shadow Ball | Focus Blast | Energy Ball | Charge Beam |Dazzling Gleam

Other Pokémon

rotom.gif

Name: Circuit
    Moveset: Double Team | Confuse Ray | Hex | Thunder | Will-o-Wisp | Volt Switch | Thunder Wave | Pain Split | Dark Pulse | **

porygon.gif

Name: AI
    Gender: N/A due to being a program; just referred to as "it"
    Moveset: Recover | Tri Attack | Ice Beam | Thunderbolt | Psychic | Shadow Ball | Pain Split | Solarbeam | Gravity | Charge Beam

mamoswine.gif

Name: Mama
    Moveset: Earthquake | Superpower | Return | Avalanche | Substitute | Body Slam | Stone Edge | Ice Shard | Freeze Dry | Endeavor

Writing Sample |
    Spoiler:

Miscellaneous |
    - ** Circuit's last attack depends on his form (ex. Fan Form has Air Slash, Wash Form has Hydro Pump, etc.)
    - As mentioned, Tanith is deadly afraid of ghost Pokémon and gets extremely nervous in their presence - with the exception of Circuit, of course.
    - AI is currently inside Tanith's laptop due to its physical body needing repairs, but it will most likely be used outside of it at some point during the rp. She is also looking into upgrading it, thus potentially evolving it.
    - Yes, that means that she constantly carries her laptop around with her. She can't live without it, after all.
    - Tanith has a huge sweet-tooth, to the point she'd only eat snacks if she could get away with it.
    - As shown, her Alakazam can speak human language. He rarely speaks out loud unless he's announcing Tanith's thoughts however. When he speaks, I'll use a different color coding. Italics means it's just him talking telepathically, normal quotation marks that it's out loud. Also, even though he can read minds, he won't be doing that with other players' characters; the most he'll do is sense emotions to an extent.

Last edited:

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • "As mentioned in the SU Sheet, you can only have one pokémon on your team that's capable of mega evolution. I don't just mean that you have the mega stone for it; I mean that it simply has a mega evolution. So, VeeVee, you can't have Salamence and Lucario, even if you only have Salamence's mega stone."

okay, I might have overlooked this one I am so sorry. Will be changing Venu now.

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
    Years
  • This looks sooo good. I'm going to get an SU up tomorrow. Quick question: how fast paced will this be?

The Charred Mecha Dragon Zero

The Dragoness Artist
    Years
  • *sees what GM says*

Dang it... *sighs* It's okay. I understand. I'll just keep her as a runt without the huge wingspan. As for the gym accomplishments, I wasn't really sure about how well he can be allowed to do so yeah... I'll change it. And I think I'll just go and remove Anthea. I'll do the edits as soon as I can.

The Charred Mecha Dragon Zero

The Dragoness Artist
    Years
  • All right, I've made the changes except for the 10 year old part of Victor's history. I...know that I could spicen it up a bit with something else, but I've got no ideas right now. Oh wait... Maybe I'll just have Sterops be his starter. XP But it's complete. Will change it if need ne.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
    Years
  • I'm gonna start working on a SU for this once I've got the time. Maybe later tonight, maybe not til I'm set up back at home, but hopefully before New Years at least XD The Holidays are a crazy time of year...

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    I also struggled on the Appearance. But it is more difficult to me. So yeah... SU finally was completed... even though i am still grounded... Oh Well...

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
    Years
  • I'll finish this up later. Would right now, but I'm feeling a tad too tired.

Name: Fitz Kuroji
    Birth Date: January 28, 1992 - 26 years old
    Hometown: Saffron City, Kanto

Appearance |
    Spoiler:

History |
    Fitz's parents were both doctors, though both specialized in different medical areas. While her father was more focused on modern medicine and worked at a large hospital in Saffron City, her mother specialized in traditional herbal medicines and catered to those who preferred such remedies. It is thanks to this that Fitz gained a great deal of medical knowledge - though more from observing rather then them actually teaching her.

You see, Fitz had always been quite the oddity and wasn't completely right in the head (and still isn't to this day). Her parents viewed her as someone incapable of learning anything too complex (her rather short attention spam didn't help much), and they even delayed sending her to school by a year. Eventually, though, they realized she was much more clever than she let on, even if the way she accomplished tasks and socialized with others was a bit... different from the norm. When they finally allowed her to attend school, at first they were proud of her excellent grades. But then the constant calls came: "Fitz tried to scoop out someone's eye with a spoon to see if it would still function when unattached", "Fitz glued someone's hair to their skull", "Fitz hung the class Rattata by its tail from the jungle gym because it wouldn't bite Humphrey when she told it to", and the list went on.

Midway through her first grade year, it had reached the point where her parents had to pull her out of school and get her a private tutor. They went through a few before they finally found one who was able to handle Fitz's erratic behavior. It was through this tutor that Fitz received her first Pokemon.

Fitz had been under their tutelage for a few months when her tutor thought it might do her some good to have a Pokemon of her own to raise and be responsible for; perhaps it would teach her how to treat others better. So with her parents permission, her tutor took her to a breeding farm on the outskirts of Saffron. There Fitz picked out a Psyduck egg, though of course she didn't choose just any Psyduck egg. No, this egg had a barely visible crack in it. Her reason for choosing this egg of all the healthy eggs around is still unknown, though it was likely simply her curious mind wanting to know what sort of Psyduck would be born from a damaged egg.

A few weeks later, the egg hatched and out came a blue Psyduck, though this was most definitely not the only odd thing about it. Like all Psyduck, it was quite the dubious Pokemon, but it went even beyond that; it seemed unable of doing even the most basic things without instruction. This didn't seem to bother Fitz, though; rather, she took raising the Psyduck as an exciting challenge, giving it a simple name to match it's simple mind: Ducky. Ducky never left Fitz's side thereafter, the Pokemon becoming the girl's confidant, even if he didn't really understand much of anything she said or did.

While the Pokemon had been meant as simply a companion to help mature Fitz, it ended up introducing her to the world of battling. It started with a challenge (well, Fitz took the idiot calling Ducky a stupid Psyduck as a challenge anyways) from a passerby when Fitz was out in her yard with Ducky. They battled, and Fitz ultimately won due to type advantage (her opponent having sent out a Vulpix).

Confident after winning her first battle, Fitz rushed off to challenge the Saffron Gym the very next day... and was utterly defeated, inexperienced and young as she was. She wasn't discouraged in the least, though, and continued to challenge whoever would battle her (or would command Ducky to peck the feet of those who wouldn't until they sent out a Pokemon).

Over the course of three years, and after many wins and losses, Ducky eventually evolved into a Golduck. While he no longer appeared very dubious, he still acted much like he had as a Psyduck, mostly relying on Fitz's instructions. During this time, her mother had given her one of her Simisage, a female by the name of Altha - Fitz found this name rather boring and would often refer to her as Doc instead, since the Simisage was one of those who helped Fitz's mother prepare her remedies. It was her mother's hope that having a more stable-minded Pokemon around would help to calm Fitz. Altha did indeed help to keep Fitz in check - on occasion. When she couldn't, she'd simply make sure the girl and her Golduck didn't take their antics too far.

Now having a good three years of battling experience under her belt (even if the first couple of those years had been spent mostly fooling around with battle strategies) and another Pokemon on her team, 12-year-old Fitz challenged the Saffron Gym again. This time she was more successful, just barely scraping by with a win. Her expedition was to end there though, at least for the moment, as her parents refused to let her travel to other towns to challenger those gyms as well. Still, Fitz was satisfied for the moment and spent the next few years continuing to train her team while also keeping up with her studies.

The chance to escape came when she was 19 and finished with her schooling - or so she thought. Overseas in Kalos was a prestigious medical school that Fitz's parents had arranged for her to attend. While Fitz wasn't exactly keen on the idea of more school, she did want to get away from her parents and the dull life she had been living in Kanto (well, dull in her opinion anyways). So she moved to Lumiose City in the Kalos region, where the university was located.

Fitz managed to survive there for five years before she finally ended up getting kicked out (though she claims she left of her own free will). The reason? Well, there were a variety of them really: swapping the labels on the containers in the science lab before classes began for the day, setting off a Stunkbomb (a stinkbomb filled with a Stunky's gas) in different areas of the campus (including the principal's office and a few dorm rooms), and sneaking Joltik bits into the cafeteria soup and causing minor paralysis to those who ate it. None of these were ever tracked to her, though (or at least, no one was able to prove that she was the culprit). It was one specific incident that ended with her getting booted out.

To fully understand the circumstances, though, we must first go back to when Fitz obtained her third Pokemon. It was when classes were out for the summer and Fitz had taken the time to explore the Kalos region, since her studies had allowed for very little travel. This brought her to an old, haunted hotel - called the Lost Hotel by the locals. At the time, a Gengar had claimed the Lost Hotel as its territory and terrorized any fools who wandered too close to its lair (some of them never returning). Fitz was warned against going there but, Fitz being Fitz, she of course ignored these warnings.

Before entering the Lost Hotel, Fitz had Altha wait outside with orders to follow her in after a few minutes. Only a few steps into the dilapidated building, the Gengar melded out of the shadows, menacing grin and all. Rather than have Ducky battle it, Fitz struck up a very one-sided conversation. She inquired about its day, what its favorite food was, even asked for a tour of its home. The Gengar wasn't really sure how to react to this. Most people fled in terror the moment it loomed out of the shadows, yet here was this girl, perfectly calm and even talking to it. Before it could regain it's composure, it disappeared in a flash of light and Altha (who had snuck by while the Gengar was distracted) handed Fitz the pokeball.

From what Fitz was able to gather, the Gengar's trainer had left it here after they hadn't been able to deal with it. The Gengar may have been a troublemaker, but it was a troublemaker that enjoyed company. The only problem was, there weren't many people who would look at a ghost and decide they wanted to be its friend, so it had taken to hypnotizing some of the folks who entered the Lost Hotel and keeping them deep within its lair. Well, Fitz had no problem with taking in a troublesome Pokemon - in fact, she found the thought quite enticing! She named the Gengar Akuma, after the title the locals had given him. It didn't take long before trainer and Pokemon were getting along splendidly, both like two (terrifying) peas in a pod.

Anyways, back to the incident that caused Fitz to get kicked out of university.

Pokémon Partner

094.gif
    094-mega.gif

Species: Gengar
    Name: Akuma
    Moveset: Hypnosis | Dream Eater | Ice Punch | Sludge Bomb | Toxic | Shadow Ball | Poison Jab | Psychic | Dazzling gleam | Confuse Ray

512.gif

Species: Simisage
    Name: "Doc" Altha
    Moveset: Leech Seed | Energy Ball | Sunny Day | Solar Beam | Protect | Toxic | Magical Leaf | Flash | Synthesis | Gunk Shot

055.gif

Species: Golduck
    Name: Ducky
    Moveset Psyshock | Psychic | Focus Blast | Scald | Rest | Sleep Talk | Surf | Synchronoise | Return | Hydro Pump

405.gif

Species: Luxray
    Name: Butler
    Moveset: Electric Terrain | Roar | Crunch | Volt Switch | Thunder Fang | Iron Tail | Charge | Discharge | Protect | Thunder Wave

Writing Sample | (for me to see how you write when it comes to a post! Why not make it a new sample of your character and their partner? In any situation you wish!)

Miscellaneous | (anything else you feel is worth mentioning that wasn't covered above.)

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
  • Okay, I'll begin looking back over SUs now! Once I've gone through them all, I'll give some more feedback and begin accepting. d:

Once winter break ends for me in a few days, I'll see about getting the IC thread up and running and whatnot.

This looks sooo good. I'm going to get an SU up tomorrow. Quick question: how fast paced will this be?

I can't say for sure what the exact pace will be until we get things going, but it won't be all that fast, if that's your worry. c:

Nakuzami

Years
  • Name: Blair Addams
    Name: Kenneth Brayland
    Name: Victor R. Piroca
    Name: Leonard Waylon

You are all accepted. Welcome to The Summit.

Appearance: Corn stands at an average height of five-foot-seven. He is crowned with a thick bushel of purple hair that he always combs to the side. He has small purple eyes accentuated by his small nose and mouth.
    Similarly, this isn't an anime. People don't naturally have odd hair or eye colors, so if you're going to have pink or blue hair, mention that it's dyed, and if you have something like red eyes, perhaps make them colored contacts (in which case, mention the character's natural eye color).

If you could just add in a bit saying his hair is dyed, that would be helpful. Violet eyes are fine, as it is possible for eyes to appear to be such a color.

Eventually, after searching long and hard, he found the Houndoominite and was able to Mega-Evolve his own Aggron, in which he named Horn.

It seems you left a mention of Aggron instead of Houndoom.

The only other thing I think I should mention is to be mindful of tense agreement when writing. You tend to switch between present and past tense in the middle of sentences. Also, you reference Serena as "him" a few times in your Writing Sample.

Since I'm only asking for some small edits, I'm going to go ahead and accept you. Just be sure to make those changes.

Name: Hugh Dexter

The only big thing I'd liked changed in your SU is your attempt at taking on the Elite Four. In order to do so, a trainer has to be victorious in the region's Pokémon League Conference, which Hugh probably shouldn't be capable of. Change that and I'll accept you.

Name: Erik Daniel Roseberry

Overall, your writing could use some work, but it isn't bad. You could use more details between dialogue, for starters.

Your character, however, is a little overpowered. For one thing, I'd like you to change your challenges against the multiple Elite Fours into battling other trainers during a regional Conference. Your character cannot become Champion of any league. Also, a Dratini/Dragonair probably isn't enough to take on and defeat all of the gym leaders in Johto, especially when two of them are Ice-Type and Dragon-Type specialists. I'd also like your character to have been capable of mega evolution for less than a year.

Make these changes and I'll consider accepting you.

@Gelius and Logical I'm afraid you two aren't quite what I'm looking for in roleplayers for this story. I'm going to have to decline you. Nothing personal, but not everyone can always make it in. I thank you for your interest in the roleplay; it's much appreciated.

As for Fort, Veevee, Strikit, and GoldenHouou: I await finished SUs from you four. c;

Back