• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Swampert and Mewtwo fanclub

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
Years
  • Which attack do you like from Swampert and Mewtwo?
    EQ is a pretty cool move~ XD Mewtwo's Psychic is pretty good too.

Why do you like Swampert and/or Mewtwo?
    Swampert's like the awesome starter Pokemon in R/S/E and has an awesome movepool and types to suit. Mewtwo for its appearance in teh anime smashing TR, XD

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
  • Which attack do you like from Swampert and Mewtwo?
    I liked Swampert's Mud Shot and Mewtwo's Psychic.

Because Swampert is a cool water starter in R/S/E and has many Water and Ground attacks. For Mewtwo, it has a awesome special attack and its appearance in some movies are good.

~Rene~ :t025:

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    Hey Poketrainer. Or as I call you, "Ryoukis' Friend" XD I love Swampert and used to Love Mewtwo, Can I join?

Which attack do you like from Swampert and Mewtwo?
    I dunno, Muddy Water is 'sort of' Swamperts' 'Signiture Move' and Mewtwo... Well, Psychic or Recover Shadow Ball, like the only atack he used in the Anime, and that was Before G/S came out so I didn't know what the attack was...

I like Swamperts Looks in the Anime and I love Water Types, I don't really like Mewtwo but I used to, I liked his Power and strength, even though his character in the Anime was reeeaaaly Generic.

icer

Clouded Leopard
    Years
  • This is an awesome club. Swampert is my favourite Pokemon and Mewtwo is my favourite legend. Can I join? I'm a huge Swampert fan. I got my Swampert in Sapphire to win every possible ribbon and I brought him to Sinnoh to try and win every ribbon here too.

Why do I like Swampert? He's so cute! And his has an awesome colour scheme, shades of blue [my favourite colour] with a yellowish orange [colour which looks good with blue].He has cute whiskers and an adorable face and cute fins and tail. Besides, all his pre-evos are so cute too. Sapphire was the first game I really got into [I played a Blue ROM first, but it was the first game I actually bought] and I immediately chose Swampert as my starter since I liked him so much better than the others.
    The best thing about Swampert is he's an awesome battler too, probably the best of all the starters ever [except maybe Infernape]. He has an awesome type and fantastic stat distribution - he has a high attack and a high HP and defenses. So he can tank and do damage! He has a lot of different viable movesets. I used him to win gold symbols in every single Battle Frontier facility.

Movesets

Swampert @ Choice Band
    EQ
    waterfall
    Avalanche
    Sleep Talk/Fling/Stealth Rock

This is a good lead Pokemon. Sleep Talk if you're in a no sleep clause and something is going to use Hypnosis or whatever [gengar], you might get a KO with Waterfall. You can score a super effective hit and probable KO on most of the game with one of these attacks.
    Fling will throw out his hold item and is also a Dark type attack, Ko Gengar and other things weak. Use this if Swampert is your last Pokemon and you don't want the Choice band stuck on EQ if you know they have Flying or Levitating Pokemon. I just used this Swampert at a tournament and it worked great.

Swampert@Leftovers
    EQ
    Rock Slide/Avalanche
    Rest
    Curse

My favourite, and the best in-game. Curse increases your Attack and Defense, after enough Curses you can KO pretty much everythign in the game

Swampert@Leftovers/Chesto/Steel orb
    EQ
    Avalanche/Ice Punch
    Rest
    Sleep Talk

Whenever Swampert is getting lower on HP just Rest, and next turn you can still attack! he survives for ages. If you hold the Steel Orb, EQ will work on Flying and Levitating Pokemon, so every Sleep Talk will have a damaging attack.

Mewtwo
    I love the design of Mewtwo. i love his eyes, and his tail. I loved the poor misunderstood Mewtwo in the first movie.

This is my GBA gen moveset for Mewtwo, not sure if there's a better one now. This Mewtwo was awesome in a tournament.

Mewtwo@Shell Bell/leftovers/Lum
    Calm Mind
    Recover
    Ice Beam
    Barrier

What do you think Swampert is? I think he's like one of those giant prehistoric amphibians from before the dinosaurs.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Yay! More members! Heh, I'm glad to see my club isnt dying now. XD
    *updates memberlist*

Yeah,I like Swampert because he's an awesome battler and all. Same for Mewtwo.
    That and I think the are soo awesomely cool!

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Since, I want this Club to not dye(..xD) I'll answer the Topic!
    Which attack do you like from Swampert and Mewtwo?
    For Swampert, Muddy Water....I was so stunned when I saw that Move, It's like a Dirty Surf only Better!...xD
    For Mewtwo, Um Swift...I dunno, I just feel like to love flying stars...xD

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • I was so stunned when I saw that Move, It's like a Dirty Surf only Better!...xD

So was I!! I thought it was like a weirdish version of Surf and then I read the name... xDD

It's actually worse than Surf because of its lower accuracy, but looks cool. ;D

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
  • Okay and here's another picture of Swampert:

icer

Clouded Leopard
    Years
  • thats alot of movesets for a Swampert. but you should of but the natures though. Its not like it really matters to me

:t354:TG

Careful is usually the best nature for Swampert, unless you're giving him a Special move. Sassy is good if you're using Trick Room.

Oh I think Muddy Water might only hit opponents in double battle whereas Surf hits all. I thought I saw it in a video but not 100% sure. If only the move was physical.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • Oh I think Muddy Water might only hit opponents in double battle whereas Surf hits all. I thought I saw it in a video but not 100% sure. If only the move was physical.

I actually really hate how Surf does that now... if Muddy Water doesn't and if it were Physical, then it'd be like one of the perfect moves for it... otherwise Waterfall can be used too...

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
  • Is Muddy Water a physical or special attack, Alex? Anyway, here's another picture of Swampert:

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • So was I!! I thought it was like a weirdish version of Surf and then I read the name... xDD

It's actually worse than Surf because of its lower accuracy, but looks cool. ;D

You're Right! but It yeah, it's worse than Surf 'cause of it's lower accuracy D:

Since, John approved that I make teh Banners (It's crappy...I dunno why)
    It's right here...xD

In case you gave up...It's here...xD
    here's teh code
    Code:
     https://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa48/Ryouki-kun/Themes/SwampertFC.png

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    I've never even considered using Swampert in Competitive battling, Most Bulky waters have Ice Beam, but Swampert's best trained in Physical. Can the Godly Swampert learn any of the Elemental Punches? I'd Check bt it's too much effort too Move the Mouse, Type some Stuff and then Click...

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • I've never even considered using Swampert in Competitive battling, Most Bulky waters have Ice Beam, but Swampert's best trained in Physical. Can the Godly Swampert learn any of the Elemental Punches? I'd Check bt it's too much effort too Move the Mouse, Type some Stuff and then Click...
    Swampert was around OU-ish status in competitive I think... or just under it.

Bulky waters usually get Surf + Ice Beam.... kinda Swampert's downfall for being Physical. Waterfall suits it in D/P though.

Only Ice Punch unfortunately... D:
    Only 85? but I guess Muddy Water isn't that good as Surf though...
    I never taught my Pokemon HM...the only TM's I taught is Surf and Fly..
    But I dunno...since I dont have Pearl....yet, xD

Only 85 drags it way back from Surf. Surf has 100, as well as 15PP compared to MW's 10PP...

Last edited:
    Back