• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Tabi Tournament (OOC/SU) Rated T

Arcaray

Tetris God.
Years
  • A small part of me regrets spending £40 on Pokemon White, but I don't think I have it in me to not buy Pokemon Black...

I suspect that I will buy it, then leave it somewhere to rot and die.

But yes, I was shocked and appalled when the Pokemon didn't follow me in B+W.

Beegu

Is Waldo
    Years
  • Well white version was way too easy, so I pray that it'll get harder. Also a twist to the storyline. But yeah, either way I'd buy black or white 2 probably.

What's your least favorite pokemon from Unova that you caught anyway?

Arcaray

Tetris God.
    Years
  • WHAT IS WITH THE ICE CREAM CONE?
    And how can a Pokemon be Grass AND Normal type? Admittedly, this goes for Girafarig and its Psychic/Normal combo too, but still!

All in all, it's poor.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
    Years
  • I'm not buying it at all.

And a talking Meowth? Only to tell it to shut up would I buy it. But if I got it for free...

And I haven't played Black or White, so I can't say. But Trubbish looks pretty useless.

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    Honestly, I don't think I'll buy the games. I mean I love pokemon, but I was so annoyed that they ended up making pokemon like Vanillite and Trubbish...

I never played the original Black or White, but I would go with Trubbish, simply because it is pile of trash.

Years
  • I didn't like the three elemental monkeys; pansage, panpour, pansear, or thier respective evolutions. Even with their ok moveset, they are fairly pointless to level up and will most likely die within two attacks from anything. Even the ice cream cone was a better option most of the time.

What is your favorite game in the series so far?
    I love Silver and SS, but my favorite has to be Platnium, because of Team Galactic, and the general dificulty of the game made it fun. Black and White feel a lot easier than the good old games.

Arcaray

Tetris God.
    Years
  • I will always have a weak spot for Silver, so Soul Silver is definitely my top game! Personally, I didn't like DPP too much. Although it IS better than BW.

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
    Years
  • -On the note of Ash, he fails.... hard. How many attempts has he tried to catch a legendary that he has seen? None. And I think he's seen the most by far for any trainer in THAT world. Thus he fails as a Pokemon Trainer. Say Good-Bye to your dream of being a Pokemon Master, Ash. =.= We need a new Protag.... LIKE RED! :D

-PAY? For a TALKING Meowth? Hell I'd rather pay for that talking Gastly! :/

-Pokemon B/W 2 ....... Haven't checked it out yet... so yeah... I did see the fusion? combo with the legendaries.... seems interesting.

-Trubbish... "rubbish" hence why it was included into it's name. I guess they ran out of ideas and thought trash would be good... or bad...

-TBH I played Silver first from start to end since my uncles hogged Blue and Red till they lost it, so yeah... Silver was my very first Pokemon game. Still great and is probably why I bought SS over HG. SS! Now I need to go find it so I can get that Cyndaquil from Arcaray. :D THAT MEANS 1 MORE POKEMON FOR A FULL SEEN DEX! *runs around*

B/W was much too easy and I found D/P hilarious because I skipped a gym and fought the one after the one I was suppose to fight at... the Water gym was the one I skipped I think. First time that ever happened to me since I assumed most of it was linear.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Yo guys, I don't mean to be a party pooper but you guys are totally offtopic. The OOC thread is for discussing the roleplay, not for talking about your favourite games. Leave that to facebook, kay? d:

Arcaray

Tetris God.
    Years
  • Well, the GM asked us to keep talking so that the RP doesn't die while she's away. And besides, there's nothing wrong with us all getting to know each other! :D

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    8. Don't SPAM, just like in the rest of the forum. Which means don't post stupid, pointless, annoying messages in any thread. This also includes making too many OOC posts in an IC thread, as well as talking about things not related to the RP in the OOC thread. Keep OOC posts to the OOC thread and keep your discussion there relevant.

That's why. d:

It's to stop over posting about pointless things and spamming up threads. So you may talk about the Tabi Tournament until you're blue in the face, but going ridiculously off-topic like you all have is just too much, alright? I don't mind a little bit of off-topic chatter, as long as it all has to do with the roleplay. Which yours doesn't.

EDIT: and i totally just read michaela's comment. well, yeah, don't chat about random things. chat about the tabi tournament.

Last edited:

juniebug910

Dragon of Light
    Years
  • Would someone like to see Masuta and Gosuto arriving? I was thinking one player could mess with Gosuto, because then, Masuta's rage will awaken, and funny stuff can happen!

Also, should someone notice whenever Masuta has her mother's younger self replace her in the mirror or a pool of water? Her mind projects the image and other people can see it due to this.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Waiting for the RP to kick off, not entirely sure on what to do with Jack atm but I'll try to develop more of a likable personality for him as the story progresses.

Years
  • @juniebug910: I wouldn't mind doing that. My character can accedentally walk into Gosuto(whether they both knock each other down is up to you, depending on her size), they argue at each other, Masuta notices, then the fun begins:)!!!

Not sure how the reflection thing will fit in until they calm down and she accedentally sits in front of calm water or at a cafe for an after battle meal.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
  • ...Mates, when I said about chatting about random things, I meant about the tournament. Being a former mod and all, I think I should at least know the rules/help enforce them (a bit).

Then again, maybe I didn't make that clear...at all.

Alright, I'll post the actual RP soon. Maybe on Tuesday. xD

ohHeyVaporeon.

You just can't shake me.
    Years
  • I've been dragging to get this done, but, here it is.

What is your name? Do you have any nicknames? Is this an alias?

My name? Why do YOU need to know MY name? Anywho... I believe it's Jayden Braelyn. Yes, Jayden the Man it is!

How old are you? You must be 16 or older to join this tournament.

I'm nineteen. Or am I twenty? No-no, I'm nineteen.

What gender are you? This is, after all, written through a submission form and, as such, we cannot see from our desk.

Well for the moment I'm a guy. I mean, not just for the moment, probably for the rest of my life, but... Yes ma'am, I'm a male. Oh and Jesus is a biscuit... Amen.

Describe your appearance for us, please. Be very descriptive, perhaps about eight sentences or more.

Well I'm about 6'1", and I'm Asian American. I've always been real into the uh, bright colors... So to go along with my (naturally) jet-black hair, I have a streak of blue running through my bangs. Nothing fancy, just a fashion statement... You know? Being Asian, I have a natural tan o'course, and for my attire I generally like to go for a sophisticated look. I usually wear a pair of black pants, with matching FANCY shoes! I also wear a black shirt, that is covered by a blue vest. I usually wear a blue tie, of regular length... I think I'm going to go the bow-tie route, though. I mean shoot... I'm cute as a button. Maybe not short and cute, but tall and well-built... That's cute, right? Or... Is it more of a "hawt" thing? If you can't tell already, I'm a bit indecisive. OH! I forgot... I have green eyes. Not normal in my family, but I don't like to be normal. Yay me?

How do you behave; what is your personality like? Do not be afraid to go into detail, perhaps write at least ten sentences.

I'm generally a bit scatter-brained. I'm fun to be around, but absent-minded is something I've heard a good number of people describe me as. Like most "Asians", I'm book smart! I know a lot of technical things, I like to use a few strategic moves here and there... I also really like to play off of the environment! I was raised in the south of Sinnoh, so there's a certain "hospitality" about the way I do things. My mama raised me with manners, y'all... Oh, and to eat good foods, of course... SEE?! There I go again! Okay, I really can't focus. Point blank: I'm awesome and I'm a hoot. The full package, yes? I have bonded with all of my Pokemon beyond anything I've ever seen in another trainer. I'm a ditz, yes, but I'm a passionate about my pokemon and what we can bring to this tournament. Don't mistake my ignorance on certain matters as a complete lapse of any smarts... Like I said, I'm book smart. I really don't enjoy making people eat their words that often...

What about your history? What regions have you journeyed to and who are the people you've met? It is alright if you may skim through some unnecessary coverage or parts that you do not feel like discussing, but we urge you to not be afraid to state anything. This must be at least twenty sentences.

Well for starters, even though I was born and raised in the south of Sinnoh, I started my pokemon journey in Kanto. I have a good number of relatives over in those parts you see, so I figured that if I was to want to start anywhere, it was to be somewhere where I at least had someone to turn to if things got too hard. I mean, I'm not a quitter by any means, but I've had some rough moments... Some very dark moments. I started my journey with an Eevee; Eevee was always a pokemon of interest for me, and so when I was given the chance to be the owner/trainer of one, you KNOW I had to jump for it. Things were tough to start with, my Eevee really didn't have much respect for me... Not that I can blame him, though. I was a mere fourteen years old, and I did a lot of what I did for me. I didn't always think of Vappy.

You see... Upon a trip through Celadon, I already had all the necessary badges to qualify to challenge Erika, after mastering a skillful team of pokemon. To be specific, my Eevee, Vulpix, Starmie, and Venusaur. I wasn't working with a team of six at the time, you see... Anyhow! I came across a collection of stones, the evolution stones I'm sure you've heard of, and one in particular stuck out to me. The water stone. I had always dreamed of having a Vaporeon, and although I was starting to lean to becoming more of a water pokemon trainer, I wasn't sure I wanted to put my Eevee through that. I mean, we'd been through so much with each other at that point... You know? I wasn't sure how it would change things.

Anyways, to make a long story short, Eevee made the decision for me one night when I was asleep. The little booger broke into my bag, starting playing with the stone, and... Well, it just happened. Pokemon are horrible workers when it comes to translators you see, so I didn't quite understand the last half of the story. Told by none other than Vulpix. ANYWAYS! I've met a good number of people... I've built my team to a level that I think they mesh well with one another on, we've done a good number of tournaments here and there, and... Well... Although we've never been the "winner" just yet, we've been up there with the best. For the most part, that is... We're still growing! There is definitely a lot of growing that we all still need to do, but I'm working towards that. I'm working towards much better things...

What Pokémon do you have, both in the PC and the ones that you will be carrying with you? You will be free to switch Pokémon at anytime. Please remember that your highest level Pokémon should be level 55.

Oh my. This is going to be a long list.

With me, I have my faithful Vaporeon, as well as my Vileplume, Glaceon, Flareon, Gothitelle, and Gallade. I switch this team a lot... A lot. Right now though, they work the best together. Plenty of bonding done. As for the rest...

Well, here you go.

Spoiler:

Is there anything else that you want us to know? Any miscellaneous items about yourself may go here.

You know... I think that's about it!

Back