• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Third Chime

Status
Not open for further replies.

RentCavalier

Mercenary
Years
  • Asmodeus raised an eyebrow as he looked down at the dog and the girl. He sighed and spoke.

"I appear to have offended you dog somehow...my name is Asmodeus Requiem. I am curious to know if there is any method of sleeping accomodation within this area? It is already quite cold, and by nightfall I do not think it to be wise to be outdoors."

He indicated his head towards the girl with the sword, in the alley.

"Is she a friend of yours? Your dog was obviously attempting to prevent me from talking to her."

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Slowly yet surely, Zoey made her way out of the alley she was dumped in, Five-seveN firmly in hand. She had played her fair share of Counter-Strike, Call of Duty, Half-Life 2, and Halo to know that there were often unpleasant surprises lurking just beyond the next few corners or so. What would it be for her? Fascists? Terrorists? Combine Overwatch? Flood? Only one way to find out if the basic principles of first-person shooters applied to the real world or not.

Zoey cautiously poked her head around a corner. All clear. Nothing moving in the snowy sidewalks or on the empty streets for at least a hundred meters in any direction. She proceeded out.

Alone. That's what Miss Kurosaki was at this time. It was the dead of night. Absolutely nothing stirred, not even the smallest mouse. It was unnervingly silent too; the only sounds Zoey could hear were her own labored breathing and her boots crunching against the freshly-fallen snow with each step she took. She shivered. "So...freaking...cold," she said to herself, her teeth chattering loudly as she spoke. A cosplay ZAFT uniform (replete with miniskirt) and nylon stockings didn't afford much protection against the bone-chilling cold. Even though she was freezing her butt off, Zoey kept on trudging through the massive snowdrift that was the sidewalk. Off in the distance, she could see a girl with a dog and a tall, dark young man talking to each other. Zoey hastily drew her other Five-seveN; such were the joys of dual-wielding. "Well, what have we here?" she asked herself as she continued her inexorable trudge through the snow-coated sidewalk.

Inome

I am me. No one else.
    Years
  • (May I join?)

Basic
    Name: Ebony
    Appearance:
    Personality: Tends to stay in the shadows. The complex way her mind works tends to make people consider her a dreamer. Very shy, and is felt but not heard.
    History: Her family came from afar before she was born, and are known to live in a small house near the edge of town. Even she knows little of her roots, and isn't too eager to find out.

Family
    Name: MacGuinness
    FPC: Fear
    Age in which family recieve powers: 16
    Power Specifics: When the moon is full, darkness falls. The light begins to diminish, and shadows begin to wander the streets. This is when the power of the light fades, and darkness reigns. The MacGuinness' family's true color is revealed.
    When you're out in the dark alone, do you ever think someone....or something...is following you? Ever hear a strange, unidentified noise, and it scares you? Ever wonder why you have bad dreams every night?
    It's because of a MacGuinness. One of them is out there somewhere, laughing at the fact you're being terrorized by your worst fear. They seem to read your mind, dig through your deepest thoughts. Then they use what they have learned against you, and turns your worst fears into a reality. But have no fear. It is, after all, just an illusion.

RP Sample: Raven Clowes sat upon the large set of stairs that led up to the Military Building, a large pit in her stomach. She was awaiting the time that a colonel or a seargent peaked out the door and said her name. She could see all kinds of people in the streets, and she even saw a State Alchemist walk up the stairs and into the building, without giving her as much as a side glance. Suddenly, she heard the door creak open behind her. She jumped up and saluted the woman standing there. The woman smirked.
    "Are you Raven Clowes?" she said. Raven nodded, and as the woman motioned for her to step inside, she felt the pit in her stomach grow even larger.

I'll change my power if needed. I just realized it was kind of all powerful.

Kurosaki

OOC: Yes Mari, you can join. Oh, and Padfoot, the pic link doesn't work.

IC: "Hmm?" I glanced up as more and more people (and a dog) began to gather around the area. I was too lost in what the hell had happened to me to actually care, however. I had always wondered why my family tree only consisted of female family members. Was this the fate that awaited all male members of the family? It would also explain my middle name, Hinata, which was cleary a girl's name. My family knew all along, yet they told me nothing of it.

"That's it! I can live like this! Everyone else in my family has!" I shouted as I jumped up off the ground, before my face turned a light shade of ruby-red. I had forgotten that other people were here.

Edit: And sure, you can join.

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
    Years
  • I stood up and looked around, my body was covered by the darkness of the alley. I deeply sighed and walked forward, into the city. I was old enough to protect myself... I knew how to fight... I had my powers.... I mean... I was ready to be alone for 2 years... it is going to be piece of cake, I thought to myself as I finally stepping on the sidewalk. There was a lot of people, and cars... oh well... I actually prefered people and noise that being alone and silent.

After walking by the sidewalk, I found a tall man with an eye green and the other yellow, talking to a girl with a dog, and he was also talking to another person in the alley, but I couldn't see that person since I was a bit far away. But then, a person that was infront of me, drew two handguns and pointed to those persons. What the...!?... I understand we have to SURVIVE... but killing without reason is not the point I thought as I got close from behind to that girl with two pistols. "What are you thinking to do with those pistols aimed at those persons?" I asked her from behind in a low voice so only she could hear me.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • Salem shivered as she rubbed her hands together. Her black long-sleeved shirt and black corduroy jeans kept her warm...partially. She decided to get up from the bench and began pace...maybe she would get warmer.

Hey there.

Startled, Salem searched for where the voice had come from. Actually, it didn't seem to come from anywhere but her head.

Down here... The voice added. Salem obeyed the voice and looked around the ground. Sitting of the ground was an average stray tabby, it's tail flicking from here to there in obvious amusement. Trying to keep here curiosity and confusion hidden, she covered it with annoyance.

"You're....a cat?' She asked, feeling rather stupid, "What the hell do you want with me? How can you talk?!" Upon saying this, she got many a stare by passersby and the people sitting on the bench. Screw them, stupid idiots....

Don't be nervous, I won't kill you... It seemed to purr in her head, I'm not a cat...I'm a spirit actually, in the form of a cat. Obviously your mind lets me communicate with you telepathically. I'm guessing you just got through with a ritual? Well then, try speaking to me through your mind then; much less embarrassing...

The cat stayed in its same position as Salem still stood wary. Before...she could only communicate with spirits out loud and they could only talk to her by talking...this was new. What are you talking to me? She questioned.

You seem lost, confused, and the only person who seems to have the capability to talk to spirits around here. Oh, and that aura you have...it's pretty loud.

Salem became instantly embarrassed...was she that obvious? "Well I am kind of new to this..." She spoke aloud. Again, she didn't give a crap what they thought.... The cat then scratched its ear with it's paw and looked at her in an impish way.

Well wow, you're like...the fifth person to appear in this area. You lucky girl you~ Yep, I think some other novices are just right around the corner here... and with that, the cat took off.

"Hey! Stop!" Salem commanded, rushing off after the cat and onto the slippery sidewalk. Just...tell me your name! She panted telepathically.

My summon name you mean? It's Quail if you need any help in the future. Quil soon turned a corner with Salem speeding behind. As she turned the corner, she collided into a girl wearing a magentas uniform, sending them both to the ground. She grunted at the sudden impact and landed flat on her rump.

"I...um...I..." She would have said some fierce remark, if it wasn't for the fact that the girl was carrying two guns.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Zoey got up from the icy ground, picking up her dropped Five-seveNs. "Oh, you'll pay for that, you snot-nosed middle-school *****," she muttered to herself angrily as she turned around to face the girl who had just sent her to the ground. She pointed one of the pistols at her. "You mind explaining yourself, you little brat?" she asked in a brusque manner.

Zoey pointed the other Five-seveN at the young man who had apparently tried to ambush her. "And as for YOU, little boy, you wanna know what I wanna do with these two guns?! I might just use them to pop a few caps in your ass if you keep on startling me like that!" she screamed, obviously ticked off. "Now, leave me be. LEAVE ME BE, **** IT!!!" Zoey's grip on her Five-seveNs was trembling, due to the freezing cold; even so, she was more than competent in their use, and even with a shaky grip she could pop quite a few caps in vital areas without wasting any more ammo than necessary.

Last edited:

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
    Years
  • "did you just call me little boy you... you may just be one year older than me!... don't call me young..." I told the girl almost yelling... but not mad... I actually never cared for what people thinks or says to me. "AND!!... I don't fear guns... not even those water pistols you are holding... I just don't wanted to see dead persons in my first day out... that will be mean like... bad luck" I added walking but stopped a step away from her, my back facing her.

"And if you are near me again... I suggest to not be near any body of water or have a bottle of water... that would make things too easy for me" I told her coldly... a second later I started to walk toward that tall guy with the green eye and the other green.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    "WATER PISTOLS?!" Zoey screeched. She was really pissed now; the young man had dared insult her firearms. "These are Fabrique Nationale Five-seveNs! They can pierce body armor and are superior to just about every other handgun on the market, and you dare compare them to toys?!"

Zoey was compelled to continue her angry tirade, but she quickly realized her ranting was falling on deaf ears. She pouted. "I swear to God, you people make me sick, each and every single one of you," she muttered angrily under her breath.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • ****. This girl must be emo...she probably had a rasor in her pocket for all she guessed. She could have just done a gesture, and kepted moving...but that middle school remark got her good. Her more timid side urged her to run away screaming, but she wouldn't allow that. She was on her own; she'd have to start taking things into her own hands. The gun was obviously pointed right at her, but with a few split second thoughts, she could summon Quil here in a giff. Backup plan solved.

As she waited for her tirade on the guy to end, she decided to strike while she was down.

"First of all, I'm not a brat," She glared, getting up and backing up a few inches away from the girl, "Second, I don't need to share my buisness with some lowlife cosplayer (now that she could actually interpret what she was wearing) like you." Upon realizing the girl's outfit....what if those guns weren't real? What if this was all just a trick at her...she decided to continue. "Now get that stupid gun out of my face and go be emo somwhere else!" She growled, now...somewhat confident. Well, if things didn't workout, Quil was close...and there where from what she could tell others in an alley over there...she could run over there with her innocent middle-school charm if worst came to worst...

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
    Years
  • I stopped in my way to the tall guy and turned my head to the girl with the pistols. "Yes" I simply said before she said another thing. "I'm sorry... we make you sick?... then live alone girl... and I don't care what people say about me... so save your words" I replied at her. Man... I wonder if I made her mad... Oh well... What I said was true... so I didn't fear her nor her pistols.

Kurosaki

"Okay! Cut it out!" I yelled at them after I had heard enough, my sword raised in a position that indicated I was ready to strike if need be. "All of you cocky idiots need to simmer down, before you lop each others heads off!" Of course, I figured they wouldn't listen to me, which is why I readied my sword. In a worse case scenario, I'd tick them off more.

The main issue was, I was finding it extremely difficult to balance, as the areas in which more weight was present had changed, and I was lighter in general. "You're like a bunch of kids arguing over who gets to use the swing next!" Okay, so that example wasn't even closely related to the situation, but... meh.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    The sword-wielding girl was right. Nobody would listen, especially Miss Kurosaki. She was just one step away from the edge, and the remark about her being a lowlife emo cosplayer pushed her off. Now she was pissed.

Zoey angrily swung her Five-seveN towards a wall and emptied several 5.7 x 28 mm rounds into it. She really didn't want to kill anybody, but if it came to that, she was more than willing to take lives in order to save her own. "Just for the record, I'm not emo. I'm just easily pissed off at contemptible preschool scum like yourself," she spat.

RentCavalier

Mercenary
    Years
  • Asmodeus cleared his throat.

"I would like to point out that the designation of "preschool scum" would hardly adequate description for me. Now, I would like to know if any of your can direct me to a local hotel, or whatever this city uses as sleeping accomodations."

He fixed his bored, yet strong stare right on Zoey.

"And from what I know of this place, I don't think the wall is a very useful location to be wasting those bullets of yours."

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    "Why are you asking me?" Zoey said in a bored manner as she reloaded her Five-seveN. "I'm just as lost as you are when it comes to this place. In all 18 years of my existence, I have not set a single foot in this part of town. It's the only part of the city I'm unfamiliar with." She holstered both of her guns. "Anyone got a map or anything like that?"

RentCavalier

Mercenary
    Years
  • Asmodeus sighed and leaned against the wall. Well, not been five minutes and already it seemed that everyone here was a lunatic.

Either that, or they were all being very crafty...but why? As far as he knew, this was merely a test of survival. There was no need for any kind of deception, no competition...

Yet why were those in power so gung-ho and using this city? Isolated as they were, the danger was dramatically increased. For a simple cerimony to master their powers, putting the new generation at risk was pointless...

wait...new generation? Now that he thought about it, there weren't many people here...there should be hundreds of kids crawling the area...why such a small number?

He closed his eyes, and listened. It was an old habit he'd picked up when he was 7. It calmed him to simply let what other say sink in, and he found it to be IMPECCABLE for learning things...what people can reveal in ordinary conversation was amazing...

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • The sound of the shots made her jump alittle, though she tried to hide it. OO! The nerve of this girl! It drove her crazy...well, she was starting to wonder if she was crazy already. She would have replied to her remark, but then again, afraid of her guns and the strange interuption by this one girl, she decided not to. This girl was...rather different than others in the way she carried herself.

"Hey, could you put down the sword?" Salem replied, "We're in an alley. If you go swinging that around here and hit a building, I'm sure they're not going to let you leave unless you pay for it."

She slightly shivered; it was really cold outside. As she looked around, she could see that a great amount of spirits were just floating and watching this peculiar group. Meh, she would do it too, the enitre awqardness of the situation was rather funny.

Kurosaki

"Whatever. Let them kill each other, it's none of my business." I muttered as I turned around to walk away, Hyonimaru positioned over my shoulder. It wasn't long before I lost my balance and ended up landing on my butt on a thick sheet of ice. "I'm never going to get used to this! Never!" I began to sob quietly to myself as the others conflicted with each other. All of this was more than I could take, it was driving me crazy!

RentCavalier

Mercenary
    Years
  • Asmodeus watched the girl as she slipped and fell on the ice. How unusual...it was almost as if she wasn't used to walking...

Doing some mental math, he came to the conclusion that she was putting too much pressure on her legs, which were not strong enough, and thus she was tripping.

He frowned.

That couldn't be. I mean, you kinda get used to the body you're born in...

Now that he thought about it, there were several things wrong with this woman...something didn't just FEEL right. Being a psychic, he figured he prolly had an affinity for such things.

He walked over to her, and offered a hand up.

"My name is Asmodeus. You are?"

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
    Years
  • I saw how the girl with the sword told us to cut it out, and rolled my eyes. I was not fighting... was I?... oh well... she quickly started to walk away but then fell and yelled that she would never get used to it. That was... akward... she was a girl, right? it was supposed she knew how to walk... unless she spent her entire life on bed. The tall guy offered his help, and I was going to do the same thing, but... he was faster. "Ok... it looks like everyone has never walked in the city... is it... that all of us got kicked out?" I asked everyone as I looked to the floor... was it that everyone just finished their family rituals?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back