• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Third Chime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
    I blinked slowly, and unsteadily got to my feet, thinking my lack of balance was because I was still dazed, I lowered my hat over my eyes, and began walking down the street. Hat? When did I get a hat? Oh well, not that it mattered much. I continued walking slowly, my anger keeping my warmer than the best coat. I soon found a group of people arguing like crazy, and I tilted my head to one side, noticing the crying girl. I walked over, and held out my hand, asking "Are you all right, kid?" Then, I looked back up at the others, and my eyes, as well as my voice became like frozen steel. "What's going on here?"

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2013
    OOC: Eh... I think I need to leave. You guys, I have school, you know... I haven't got every minute of every day to post.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    Salem cocked her head at the girl with the sword. She didn't think she said anything that mean...UGH! This is why she never really liked talking to other people...The girl then slipped on the ice and began to cry. How old was she? The way she walked made her seem off balance. Maybe she was drunk. Two others began to go near her, followed by this strange guy that just came around the corner. He was much older than her, which...was rather intimidating to a twelve year old. She didn't want to respond to this particular guy, she'd had enough arguments today. She didn't really want to start another. Besides, these were the only actual people she knew in this godforsaken place. Maybe she should just stop being a ***** and become just a little nicer...just a wee bit. She turned her attention to the other boy who was arguing with Miss ZAFT before.

"Well, I can't say I was exactly kicked out..." She said remembering that horrible experience. It seemed like yesterday it happened. "Well, yeah. Ritual stuff. Now I'm just...cold." Salem could see her breath as she talked. She didn't like the cold....

Last edited:

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
    Years
    Rikku took a deep breath as she plummeted down the stairs, fists clenched in anticipation and anxiousness. She was at a loss of what to do, and all she knew was that this was her family ritual. When she had reached the entrance to their 'ritual-thingie place', as she put it, she could only blink in confusion.

The room was completely empty, save for an orb that sat a red cushion, vividly shimmering amidst the darkness that surrounded it. It stood in core of the room, looking all high and mighty; Rikku could only assume that she was supposed to go near it. And so, she did. She gazed at the orb, the light dancing in her eyes, and carefully?slowly?she took it in her arms. Suddenly, the orb emitted a bright light throughout the whole room and soon she could feel herself being dragged heavenwards by the orb. It did not stop until she was floating in midair, almost unconscious.

Vaguely, she could see silhouettes enter the room. They all wore dark cloaks that almost made them invisible in the darkness, and they were circling where the orb had been placed moments ago. Before finally shutting her eyes, she heard those cloak-guys chant these freaky words. It sent a shiver down her spine just trying to imagine what it meant.

~
    "Geez, why the heck is it so cold?!" Shivering, Rikku dragged herself up and stuffed her hands inside her pockets. She took in her surrounding and pouted, knowing clearly that she wasn't at home anymore. She gave a grunt and wrinkled her nose in a childlike manner. She worried about where to sleep, what she would eat, what she would do; ugh, everything was just all too confusing. Clenching her fists, at her thoughts, she had suddenly felt a small, round object. With curiosity, she brought her hand to her face and she inspected the object carefully.

"Oh, cool!" She exclaimed happily at her realization. "That big orb thingie turned so small!" She had forgotten everything she had been troubled with?like her home, food, and stuff like that?and just busied herself with the orb, humming a cheery tune as she strode through the alleys. The only thing that had made her avert her gaze at the orb was the voices she heard from not somewhere not very far. There seemed to be a group of people there, and of course, with her brimming curiosity, she just had to see what they were doing outside when it was really really cold. She cleared her throat as she made her way towards the group and practiced making her voice deep, to sound as a real boy's voice would; she would die if her cover was to be blown so easily. For that would mean that she had failed her family.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Though Zoey did not actually see the wannabe swordswoman fall flat on her butt, she couldn't help but laugh at her predicament. "Just what the hell is she on?" she asked herself. "Is she drunk, high, or both?"

Amidst all this talking, Zoey could hear some more crunching of snow. Footsteps. Coming her way. Really fast. For all she knew, this was a giant game of Counter-Strike, and terrorists were bearing down on her position. She quickly drew both of her Five-seveNs and performed a visual sweep of the area. Nothing. Maybe Zoey really did hear somebody coming. Maybe it was all in her head. Who knew, really?

Kurosaki

I sat there, shocked, as an unfamiliar guy, and an unfamiliar girl offered their hands to me. "I gave a hand to each; my right to the man, Asmodeus, and the left to the girl, who's name I had not caught. I then hefted myself onto my feet, and placed the blade of my weapon into the ground, so I could support myself. "I'm not drunk, or on drugs of any kind!" I shouted, now slightly ticked at the accusations. "I'm just not- er... nevermind." A name, a name, I needed to think of a name! I couldn't use David, not at all!

"I'm... Hinata." I replied to Asmodeus' query, before almost leaning too far forward and falling over.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    "You say you're not wasted or on drugs, and yet you keep on falling on your ass," Zoey said snidely. Though she wasn't looking at the swordswoman, the remark was directed right at her. "Must have an inner ear infection or something like that." She holstered one of her Five-seveNs and sighed, her breath fogging up as she exhaled. More shivering and chattering of teeth. "Oh, what would give for a warm bed, hot food, Internet access, some manga, an Xbox 360, and a SPAS-12 shotgun," she said to herself.

RentCavalier

Mercenary
    Years
    Asmodeus was quite certain he was not going to like any of these people, the majority of whom, he noticed dryly, were women.

Well, this girl...Hinata...she claimed she wasn't on drugs or wasted. He'd agree with her. Her pupils were normal and her breath didn't smell like any alchohol he'd ever smelt. On top of that, she didn't act disoriented, just...uncomfortable was the closest word that made sense. As if her body was unfamiliar.

He sighed heavily. God knows, maybe she was a shape-shifter. Now that he thought about it, it would be wise to learn what everyone's distinctive powers were.

He spoke, his voice soft, yet commanding attention.

"Ok, boys and girls. Seeing as we will all be spending the remainder of the next two years potentially in each others company, I propose we begin with basic introductions. We will each give our full name, and our distinctive and newly awakened power. I will start."

He cleared his throat and adjusted his collar.

"I am Asmodeus Requiem, the last surviving member of the Requiem family. My power, from what I've managed to gather...is this."

He closed his eyes, and seemed to concentrate hard. The walls around him were suddenly pushed inward, the brick cracking and crumbling as a huge sphere-like indentation appeared around Asmodeus. He breathed and opened his eyes.

"I am able to manipulate matter with my mind."

Sawyer

���
    Years
    Form

Basic
    Name: Shane
    Appearance: He looks a lot like Vincent Valentine in Final Fantasy Advent Children, when he's wearing his battle suit. He's got bulky black Dock Martins, Black and white pin-stripe tight pants with holes and zippers all over them, and a black long-sleeve polyester shirt with one hole on the upper left part of it. (on top of his heart) The hole looks like a gunhole with a bunch of little cracks coming out of the center. He wears two black motorcycle gloves, which (unlike the rest of his clothing) don't have any rips or tears on them. He has a large gun-holster on his left thigh that holds his triple-barrel pistol, which is covered in intricate Dutch beveling, and on the inside of each barrel has one word in an unknown language. He was once arrested for carrying his gun - The government tested its material and it was classified as made of an unknown alloy. He's got a red cape-scarf that is wrapped around his neck and hangs down his back. It's got 3 torn up scarf-looking parts of the cape, each with a different length. The cape is also made of an unknown material. It is somewhat thick, but stretchy. It is also flame-resistant. When he isn't fighting, he's wearing a black collar T-Shirt with a red, black, and white tie. He wears dark gray-blue tight jeans, as well, with holes in these as well. The same Dock Martins, or the usual Converse.

Personality: Cold and merciless toward evil scumbags. He doesn't talk that much, but when he does he is blunt and very straightforward. He's not very good at public speaking, but talks way more maturely than other people his age. It's obvious he's a good author, but he tends to keep to himself a lot. A tragic event in his past caused him to have a not-so-optimistic view of the World, so he isn't your average cheery-peaches kind of guy. He seems to enjoy fighting his enemys, and has no respect for their dead bodies. When he shoots some he takes the bullet out of their skin, spits on it, and pushes it back in.

History: He was born to a somewhat wealthy family, but was neglected as a child. His parents were always too busy for him or his older brother, who abused Shane when he was young. His parents' and his brother's bodies were found in their burned down mansion one day, and he's never been the same since. There are some rumors going around, however, that Shane himself murdered his family and burned his house down. The butler said that before he (the butler) left the house to buy some groceries, Shane was at home, so if they all died in a fire, how did he make it out without anyone else? The bodies were, after all, all found with little holes in their stomachs. It was really hard to tell whether they were bullet holes or not, though, because their bodies were all burned up very badly, and there was no sign of bullet shells or gunpowder anywhere.

Family

Name: Lupine (Loo-pin-ay)

FPC (Family Power Class): Ability to control the lights and shadows around them, and ability to control fire. However, when a fire is started and controlled by a member of the family, there is no way to stop or control the fire.

Age in which family recieve powers: 17 (House burned down a few months ago)
    Power Specifics: He can control any lights or shadows surrounding him, as well as the ability to control fire. For example, if there were a lightbulb next to him, he'd be able to tear the light out of the bulb, and move it anywhere he wants to. He is also able to control shadows - he can create a shadow over any physical object, and can move already existing shadows. For instance, he could take his own shadow, and move it wherever he wanted to (it would move like Peter Pan's, if you will) He could take his shadow and walk into a building, a room, etc. This makes for a very good spy tool, if you were involved in any espionage. He can also control and start fires at will, without any matches or lighters, et cetera.
    RP Sample: Well, I haven't really RPed in a while, so I don't have any samples right now. You know how I write, though..? If you still need one, just ask ^^

Oh, and I hope you are still accepting forms, this took me a while to fill out xD

Last edited:

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
    Years
    I heard the tall guy deciding to introduce ourselves. After he said his name was Asmodeus, he showed us his power. I sighed, I looked at everyone and said "I am Max Hunter. And my power is...". Before saying the last word, I extended my right hand, and electric sparks started to appear around it. I turned the palm of my right hand so it faced the sky, and a electric sphere, blue-colored, appeared on my palm, lighting the whole street a bit. "... electricty" I finished my introduction.

A blue lightning hit the electric sphere on my hand followed by a loud thunder and lighted the street. The sphere I had disappeared, and after that, I placed my hands in my long coat's pockets. "I'm sure my power has many other effects too" I added looking at everyone.

Kurosaki

OOC: AC, RPing? What has the world come to? XD j/k Go ahead, you're clear.

IC: "I'M NOT WASTED NOR AM I ON DRUGS YOU GEEK IN THE COSTUME!" I had finally had an outburst, and it generally wasn't a good then when I did. I stopped using Hyonimaru for balance, and swung it out the girl, barely missing the top of her head, and instead hitting the wall, which began to cover itself in ice after the sword struck it. "That's my power. This is my family sword, Hyonimaru. It has the ability to use ice-based techniques, as well as disguise my appearance using illusions. I'm Hinata if you didn't hear, Hinata Testarossa." Of course, I was panting from the little episode, and I was bound to fall down shortly.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    How ironic! Salem couldn't help but giggle at the girl named Hinata's outburst. "Well now, who's the one who told us to stop fighting? By the way, I don't think ice would help us right now. God, I need some Azumanga Daioh right now...."

The spirits there were starting to become annoying; most likely staring at the group of quarrelsome idiots. She glared at the ghosts and exclaimed. "Go away!" Some of them dispersed, while others just seemed to taunt back at her. Hopefully she didn't seem too stupid talking into nothing.

Sawyer

���
    Years
    OOC: believe it or not, before I became a dick, I used to RP in every hot topic (this was months ago... at least 6 months xD) Awright, so how do I introduce myself?

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    "An introduction?" Salem turned from the taunting spirits to the group. So, she guessed that they all were going to stay together..."Well, my name is Salem...Salem Suki. And I'm a spirit channelor...so basically, I can see, communicate, and summon spirits...like that mist over there. It's no mist...just a bunch of spirits." Speaking of her own powers, she began to wonder how many spirit names she knew as of now....well, she knew four that could be of help from before the ritual, and now she knew Quil. So, that was five spirits she knew. Maybe she could freak them out and call one right now...

Clutching her black pendant in her hand, she closed her eyes and mumbled a couple of words. Within a second, a rather tall, black figure appeared. It was bent over, it's extremely long arms dragged on the ground as it's yell eyes stared forward at them. It's white teeth grinned grinned evily at them.

Greeting Ms. Suki~

Stop watching so much TV...

Sawyer

���
    Years
    Shane closed his eyes as he walked into the abandonned old factory. The musty smell of mold was on him like a disease, the bitter cold digging into his skin. He was ready for the innitiation. Slowly he crept up the first few steps, scared but confident, somehow. Meanwhile, his older brother sat outside the factory with a big smirk on his face in the dead of night. The family's butler, Crane, was with Shane's parents, pouring gasoline over the floor. As soon as Shane and his parents had reached the top floor and the factory was covered in gasoline top to bottom, his parents and Crane carefully walked down the stairs. He could see them at the doorway through all of the holes in the factory, and he watched Crane pull something out of his pocket. He opened it up, and moved his hand in a fast motion, and that very second Shane saw a small, bright light. The light feel down to the ground, and within seconds the entire factory was in flames. Shadows danced around the burning wooden floor while he sat up on the top floor.

"How do I get out of here?" he asked himself, worried. He had heard his parents talking about the family's ability to control fire, but how would he put it out without knowing how to awaken those powers? He was so frustrated, and running out of time. The flames snuck up the stairs to the top floor. He clenched his fists, and when he opened them a spark appeared. He tried this out several times, moving backwards toward the edge of the roof. He made a fist again, and pointed it toward the fire, opened it and waved his hand around. The fire started dancing, moving backwards and forwards however his hand commanded. From the outside of the building his family could see the flames dancing and the silhouette of his body through the broken windows. Then they saw the fire simply disappear. A muffled shout came from the top floor, but they could tell that it was a cheer of joy, not a cry for help. He walked back down the stairs, shaking nervously, then down to the door. The burning hot handle felt like nothing after what he had just been through, and his family congratulated him. All was well... for now, at least.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Zoey counted herself lucky that her head hadn't been chopped off. "Hey, watch it, girly, or you're going right for several bullets in your own head," she sneered at Hinata. She pointed her Five-seveN at the young swordswoman, her grip on her pistol trembling in the icy cold. After a few seconds of hesitation, Zoey finally brought her gun down and sighed, her breath fogging up as it always did. "Fine, you win this round," she said as she holstered the gun.

Asmodeus did bring up a valid point. They might all be spending the next two years or so in each other's company; they might as well introduce themselves and get used to each other's presence. For Zoey, this entailed having to suck up her immense pride and actually interact with these losers in a nonviolent manner. Right after the girl known as Salem finished her own introduction, Zoey drew in a deep breath. Here goes nothing...

"My name is Zoey Kurosaki, eldest daughter of the Kurosaki family and heiress to the Kurosaki family fortune," Zoey barked, as if she was reciting her curriculum vitae in front of a drill sergeant. "My power is manipulation of the human body, its diseases, and the poisons that affect it. I would gladly demonstrate this power, but I am loath to do so as it would result in the untimely demise of at least one of you losers."

RentCavalier

Mercenary
    Years
    Ignoring the arrogant girl, Zoey, Asmodeus turned his attention towards the large monster that had appeared over Salem's shoulders.

Interesting...summoning spirits? I suppose I'm gonna have to start believing in those now too...

Asmodeus frowned. With bipolar girls who can manipulate diseases to a spirit channeler to a woman with a sword who seemed particularly uncomfortable...and she was hiding something.

Asmodeus smirked. Maybe I should dive into her mind. I never did mention that I can do that...catching her by surprise could reveal all her secrets to me...

But then again, lets not cause conflict. That would not make her happy, and I am far too inexprienced to do it undetected...we'll save that secret for later.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    Has Ms. Suki actually found friends?

Salem glared at the spirit, though she was still bewildered that she had actually summoned one.

I wouldn't consider them friends, just...help, I suppose Jinn...I really don't think I can last out here...

Jinn snorted with a puff of smoke. Say that and you won't. I'd stick with these ones if I were you. Be more friendly yet still wary. You don't want to seem like a naive girl, no?

Salem sighed. No...I truely don't. But I really miss you, and Mom, and Dad, and Rychet, and-

Jinn nudge her shoulder. That gal can manipulate diseases and stuff like that. Neat huh? Distracted from her nostalgia, Salem became irritated again.

Don't pay attention to her. She's a *****y cosplayer...

Cosplay is fun~

Shuttup Diaboromon....

Sawyer

���
    Years
    OOC: can someone please tell me how to introduce myself? xD I haven't done this in so long, i'm a total newb to RPing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back