• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The three starters

Caleb290

Pokemon Master!
    Years
    I am picking chimchar because I always chose fire because fire is good againest so many things but in pearl I am chosing piplup or turtwig I havent decided yet because I am getting pearl in july but with jade or what ever one comes out later I will pick the one I didnt pick :)

UnHoly

The Invincible
    Years
    well i has Pochama/Piplup as my jap diamond starter whch was good, but i really dont like water pokemon, so chimchar will most likely be my english starter, and then if i know someone who has a spare turtwig ill trade for it

Xylitol

*Insert pun here*
    Years
    I'm going to choose Piplup just for being so darn cute. I like penguins also. Steel type... hmm... :/

ChrisG14

I'm back baby!
    Years
    Turtwig is the most popular.

I made that post when everyone was in love with Pochama/Piplup. "Oh it's so cute! I'm gonna get it! kawaii!"

-_-

Give me a break... :tired:

Now it seems that the turtle is the way to go, unlike its turtle ancestor, Squirtle, most went and stayed with Charmander.

Kuri-Chan ♪

Crystal Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2008
    I'm getting a Poochama. Don't correct me either, I HATE the name Piplup ¬¬

Me too. I'm nicknaming my Piplup Pochama...

Why am I geting Piplup? It's danged CUTE! My tradition is to get a starter but NOT to evolve it. I hate the third evolutions of all the starters so far, except for maybe Maganium, because they just look horrid in my [female] opinion.

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    you know what? i love all the people here that are putting down Turtwig. well, you know what else? attack wise, that's going to be your best choice. i think Turtwig just looks plain cool. if you're in a bind, it can get you out. i know this from personal experience because i've played a japanese copy of Diamond and Pearl. i don't go based on what i like type wise, i go based on if my Pokémon can get me out of a bind or not. though i may try with both Chimchar and Piplup before i make a solid choice on this. but for now, its turtwig.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2007
    I'm choosing Piplup on Diamond and Chimchar on Pearl.

Empoleon, Infernape, and Torterra have both awesome names and awesome designs, so I'm going to trade over Turtwig to both though because I like them just as much as the others. FINALLY a generation where I like all of the starters equally!

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2008
    diamond japanese version= piplup
    pearl or diamond emulator version chimchar
    and the peral that i am getting in the US which comes out in 3 days turtwig yo

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2007
    ROFLS

Piplup and Chimchar are hella cute. =D

Turtwig is gross. <3
    But then again most starter pokemon are =D.
    The only starter pokemon I ever had that I loved was Cyndaquil.
    Yah I go for cuteness, >.> <3

Years
    The Grass GuY!!!!! (dunno Name)
    many people i know (in aus) are going 'how will i adjust to these pokemon = ='
    Just Like we adjusted to Joto and Hoenn! btw, the best poke were in Jhoto... Soo PwnFul!!

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2007
    I'm pretty sure the grass one rofls as you call it is turtwig, if I'm wrong correct me.

lol <33​

Back