• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Thunder Yellow debate

Years
    Due to the rumors of Thunder Yellow, I decided to do a list with things that can make TY being real or fake.

WHY SHOULD TY EXISTS?

1- Every serie of pok? game has three games. FR and LG doesnt have.
    2- Pikachu appears in the end of FR and LG with the three starters of Kanto.
    3- Remake of Green, LG. Remake of Red, FR. Remake of Blue, Ocean Blue(?).
    Remake of Yellow? Thunder Yellow.
    4- There are very imgs showing Ash and Pikachu in the "Yellow World".
    5- Pikachu is one of the most popular pok?mon in pokeworld.

WHY ARE THESE RUMORS FAKE?

1- Does NINTENDO shouldnt be doing new games, like 4th generation games, instead of doing remakes?
    2- Does NINTENDO has cash for all of the future games(if any)?
    3- Yellow inst such a cool game (in my opinion).

Everione say more please. ill constantly actualize the list.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
    o.o

Eheh... OceanBlue isn't gonna happen I'm pretty sure... they would've released it along with FireRed and LeafGreen. Thunder Yellow would make for a 3rd game, but the first batch was actually 4. =/

Eheh... and if Yellow is based off of the Anime, who's gonna be the female? O.o Because the guy = Satoshi (Ash) so who does the girl equal?

Years
    O__O
    good thought. Now that i cant explain. UPADATING LIST!

WHY SHOULD TY EXISTS?

1- Every serie of pok? game has three games. FR and LG doesnt have.
    2- Pikachu appears in the end of FR and LG with the three starters of Kanto.
    3- Remake of Green, LG. Remake of Red, FR. Remake of Blue, Ocean Blue(?).
    Remake of Yellow? Thunder Yellow.
    4- There are very imgs showing Ash and Pikachu in the "Yellow World".
    5- Pikachu is one of the most popular pok?mon in pokeworld.

1- Does NINTENDO shouldnt be doing new games, like 4th generation games, instead of doing remakes?
    2- Does NINTENDO has cash for all of the future games(if any)?
    3- Yellow inst such a cool game (in my opinion).
    4- Who would be the female character(Casey?)?

aRedMoon

Years
    Gary's sister is non-existant in the anime, and the game is supposed to be true to the anime.

And Misty is a gym leader......................

Purin

Crazy about Pink Hairdos
    Years
    WHY SHOULD TY EXISTS?

1- The first series had 4 games in Japan: Red, Blue, Green and Yellow. As an ode to the 4, we should have Thunder Yellow too.
    2- Everyone can like Pikachu, anyone can choose to hate it, but no one can deny the fact that it following behind you is a privelige in the Yellow GBC game. If Pokemon Yellow is to come out, I'm sure that they will add it again.
    3- We'll also have that surfing Pikachu thing? Maybe it will be improved with prizes! Hurray!
    4- It will be a new addition to the Pokemon world
    5- Nintendo will have the opportunity to add new features yet again

1- The features may cost a lot of money and time to do, and Nintendo may skip them.
    2- Will Nintendo earn enough from this to make up for the money spent on it?
    3- Thunder Yellow could just get a poor rating from reviewers, and in conclusion: it gets advertising in a negative way.

jbritz22

Former-Pokemon Fanatic
    Years

Because nintendo has already milked enough out of those games, they need to work on new ones, not rehashing old ones.

aRedMoon

Years
    1- The first series had 4 games in Japan: Red, Blue, Green and Yellow. As an ode to the 4, we should have Thunder Yellow too.
    *points to lack of Ocean Blue*

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    It seems everyone has overlooked the fact that the three starters each get a unique move via tutor in FR/LG. This accounts now for all the moves in the game, save one. An electric move: Volt Tackle.

Purin

Crazy about Pink Hairdos
    Years
    JKaizer said:
    *points to lack of Ocean Blue*
    Opps. *Counts* Red, Blue, Green, Yellow. Fire Red, Leaf Green.
    Could Ocean Blue and Thunder Yellow be a double release? Personally, I'd prefer Yellow for the Pikachu. (And colour!)
    Red and Blue were almost the same except for the Pokemon available in each of them. As for Green, it was a lesser to the two.

aRedMoon

Years
    Release Aqua Blue and Thunder Yellow at the same time?

Nah, I don't see them doing that... I don't see an Aqua Blue ever coming out, simply because it didn't come with FR/LG.

aRedMoon

Years
    I would love a Johto remake. *-*

...but I think they'll go with the 4th gen. first.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I'd love a Johto remake, but Coll is about the only form of it were gonna get. I doubt we will get TY for the simple fact that it is unneeded.

Purin

Crazy about Pink Hairdos
    Years
    JKaizer said:
    I would love a Johto remake. *-*

...but I think they'll go with the 4th gen. first.
    No way! *wants to play as Marina again*
    Actually, of all the games, I like GSC the best and the songs inside are also one of the best in all the games IMO. *Wonders if they changed music composers for Ru/Sa/Em after the GSC series*

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2006
    I don't think it'd be a big seller, Pikachu's not the best battler so people would stick with the 1st 2.

GSC would be a cool remake tho!

Back