• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Time Warp Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Since I haven't been around for a while and I cannot for the life of me remember what eras I was doing and on which games I am gonna make some new sign ups I guess:

Username: AoTora
    Game: FireRed Advanced [FR hack]
    Era: Jurrasic Jam

Game: Crystal
    Era: Ice Age

Game: Red Randomizer [Basically a randomized Red game using online randomizer that adds random mons from all gens into the game - the levels still stay the same)
    Era: The Pirate Golden age

SmashMaster24

Eevee Lover and Dark Master
    Years
  • Medieval Ultimate Time Warp Challenge
    Unova Update 2:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Final Team:
    emboar.png

Bors (Emboar) ♂ Lv. 55 (Charcoal)
    Blaze, Lonely Nature
    Flamethrower, Hammer Arm, Wild Charge, Scald
    swoobat.png

Enide (Swoobat) ♀ Lv. 54 (Amulet Coin)
    Unaware, Naive Nature
    Psychic, Fly, Shadow Ball, Calm Mind
    amoonguss.png

Ragnell (Amoongus) ♀ Lv. 54 (Big Root)
    Effect Spore, Hasty Nature
    Giga Drain, Sludge Bomb, Toxic, Faint Attack
    scrafty.png

Palamedes (Scrafty) ♂ Lv. 55 (Scope Lens)
    Moxie, Naive Nature
    Crunch, Hi Jump Kick, Dragon Claw, Payback
    krookodile.png

Pelias (Krookodile*) ♂ Lv. 54 (Expert Belt)
    Intimidate, Docile Nature
    Earthquake, Crunch, Foul Play, Dragon Claw
    bisharp.png

Guinevere (Bisharp) ♀ Lv. 54 (BlackGlasses)
    Defiant, Calm Nature
    Night Slash, Iron Head, Shadow Claw, X-Scissor

HM Slaves: Pansage (Cut), Tirtouga (Strength, Surf)
    Spoiler:

I just beat Ghetsis, so is the Unova part of my challenge over? or do I need to keep going until I beat Alder?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Update on my Ice Age run on Blue:

The Ice Age has progressed at a slower age than anticipated. Perhaps my Pokemon are awaiting a thaw. In any event, I'm done with Silph Co. and Sabrina now, and I'm currently in the mansion in Cinnabar. From there, it'll be on to Blaine and Giovanni, who should both be a cinch with the typing of my team in this challenge.

I recently picked up Lapras, who is likely the final member of my team. I'm currently trying to get it caught up to my other team members, though it's going slowly.

SmashMaster24

Eevee Lover and Dark Master
    Years
  • Your challenge is over :D But feel free to beat Alder too if that's what you want xD

Okay, I'm going to stop here then. I guess that means my challenge is over for now.
    I will return later to continue it after I get a copy of X and after gen VII comes out.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Another brief update on my Ice Age challenge:

Things have continued to progress slowly (i.e., I haven't been playing that often). I'm currently saved somewhere in the eighth gym, so I'll be tackling Giovanni and heading on to the Elite Four reasonably shortly. I'm still getting Lapras caught up to the rest of the team, but at this point, my team is around level 40 or so.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2019
    Id like to sign up for this challenge.

Username: SilentDreamer28
    Game: Heartgold
    Era: The Post-Apocalyptic Scenario

updating because I don't want to double post - 8-22-16

All my nicknames are coming from this site -
    http://babynames.allparenting.com/babynames/Ideas/Zombie_baby_names/

Spoiler:

Update - 8/23/16 - I Got Two shinies ! !

Spoiler:

Wednesday I did a bunch of training While training Max evolved into Typhlosion I also caught a few Pokemon like Miltank, Taurous, and two Magnimite. I also caught a Marill.

Update - 8-25-16
    Spoiler:

Team - Updated

Spoiler:

I also want to do a second Challenge

Game: Platinum
    Era: The Progressive Era

Team -
    Spoiler:

Log - Challenge # 2 - Updated 8- 27 - 16
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey, I like to sign up for this challenge as well.

Username: FrostyGallade
    Game: Emerald
    Era: Jurrasic Jam

I may do an Ultimate Emerald Challenge for this perticular challenge (I like the idea a lot)

I just started;
    Julie the Treecko(F), Lizard
    Harry the Zigzagoon(M), HM Slave (also has Pickup :D )

I hope my final team will be;
    Sceptile
    Ninjask --> If possible switching with Flygon (he looks like a reptile to me)
    Shedinja --> Will be switched with Armaldo
    Aggron
    Camerupt
    Sharpedo

I'll try to update this regulary.

Greetings,
    FrostyGallade

03-09-16 Update:
    Spoiler:

06-09-16 Update;
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2019
    Team Update ( Heartgold )

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Challenge # 2

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I finally finished my Ice Age challenge!

The team (in brief, because I don't feel like getting the game out to check the details):
    -Blastoise
    -Lapras
    -Nidoqueen
    -Nidoking
    -Sandslash
    -Graveler
    -Kabutops (on rotation)

All in the mid-upper 40s. I couldn't decide on a sixth team member, so I ended up with a rotation of seven.

Thoughts: I really liked picking up more of my team members earlier on this time. One of the things that really bugged me with Jurassic Jam was adding and training up a large portion of my team towards the end of the game. Even so, it was hard to get everyone enough experience. I guess it would be easier to keep a team properly leveled without grinding if using more like four Pokemon, but it was fun to have more variety (and gain more Pokemon at the end of the game that I can send to a storage file for later use or to transfer to Sun and Moon).

I like water types a lot, and I'm fairly fond of ground types, so the team wasn't bad. However, it felt less varied than in Jurassic Jam, maybe because the types selected had a number of overlapping weaknesses.

The lack of marts felt like less of a challenge this time, and more of a nuisance than anything. In particular, I've been somewhat annoyed to realize that in RBY, there are no places to get elemental stones (other than Moon Stones) outside of the Celadon Dept Store, so it does feel like I'm cutting out a bunch of potential Pokemon until I reach the challenges that don't have the mart restriction. That was more of an issue on my Jurassic Jam run than on this one, but it did rule out a number of potential water types.

I may move on to Stone Age in a bit. Not sure yet. It's taken me a lot longer to do this challenge than it did to do Jurassic Jam, so I don't know what my pacing will be like for future challenges, but if I start another one, I'll post an update.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2019
    I decided to restart my second run and do another era.
    Game: Platinum
    Era: Egyptian Era

My naming theme will be after Egyptian Gods and goddesses.
    Spoiler:

Red Viper

Pokémon Collector
    Years
  • Username: Red Viper
    Game: Fire Red
    Era: The Pirate Golden Age
    Faction: Navy
    Because I am part of the navy, I am allowed to switch one of the Era types with a banned one. So now the Ghost type is replaced by the Electric type.

Update:
    Spoiler:

Team:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2018
    Username: Disturb Not The Harmony
    Game: Blue
    Era: Stone Age

Run below.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2019
    Post Apocolyptic Challenge Log 9-12-16

Spoiler:

Egyptian Era Log - 9-12-16

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2018
    Username: Disturb Not The Harmony
    Game: Blue
    Era: Egyptian Era

Okay, I'm now going (again!) through Blue.

Spoiler:

Final Team/Thoughts:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Update on my Ultimate Emerald Challenge

Haven't playen all week due to the fact my final year in high school started last week. I want to pour most of my energy in schoolwork. I'll try to update this bi-weekly
    Still loving the games.

Greetings,
    FrostyGallade

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • Do the department stores count on that 'buy one of everything' rule?? QwQ

Username: DyingWillFlareon
    Game: Crystal
    Era: Mobster Mania

Spoiler: thus far
    I put Z the Totodile into the PC after obtaining her(totally not bc my rival will be easier to beat with the poison type advantage over Chikorita no....) and caught a Weedle. Trained Weedle as we went to Cherrygrove and caught a Zubat on the way to Violet City and trained her in Sprout Tower. Weedle evolved along the way, and again vs the Elder in the Tower. Beat Falkner on the first try, but only due to Harden spam. ~w~;; Its hard to buy one of everything, im not sure i have the money for such but Im trying.
    Went through the routes fairly ok, and after saving the Well from the opposing Mafia gang Team Rocket, we caught our next member Slowpoke. I believe I named him great according to his dex entry saying he "doesnt react to or feel pain" or something. Trained him up with the others on the way through the Gym and beat all the trainers. Against Bugsy we did great and beat him first try as well.
    The forest was a bit tricky for Slowpoke but all in all nothing major happened and we got out. The next route we caught Drowzee(I wanted to use Xatu before remembering it said Flying was banned outside of Crobat) and I had some trouble finding a name for her(I had too many good names for male but not female and caught her before seeing that). Went to Goldenrod after training against the trainers on both sides of town. Accidentally got Gina's number so now I have that to look forward to every few minutes. In other news I hate Whitney. I lost count of how many tries it took to beat her, but eventually Slowpoke did it, I nearly cried when he killed that Miltank with Water Gun or Tackle or whatever, Im just so proud.
    Training more on the way to Ekruteak, and can I just say the quest to get the Squirtbottle may as well bethe longest and most complicated process of getting a Key Item? Go to the girl near the Sudowoodo(which is worse if you havent played in a while and went back to the flower shop first and went all the way back again...), go back to Goldenrod Flower Shop, talk to the little girl(longer if you accidentally talked to the older sister), make sure you have the Plainbadge(if not then go get it and come back), then talk to the older sister(again) and go back to Sudowoodo to use it. I always forget and I hate it almost as much as Whitney. Anyhow we got Eevee and its about time to go to the towers and fight Morty. Beat Morty on the second or third try, had to Sand Attack spam his Gengar but we won in the end. After setting his Gym on fire we continue our journey.
    Realizing I forgot the Surf HM and tr Kimono girls, we went inside and Chrime evolved in the first battle. Then we went to find Jasmine and left for Cianwood, teaching Surf to Slowpoke. Trained the way there though Im sure we missed some of the trainers. That route seems easier in Crystal than in GS? Is that just me or? :/ Either way, fought Eusine up north of Cianwood to claim dominance and went back down to fight Chuck. ....We had to go all the way back to Olivevine for Strength... Taught Strength to Slowpoke(gee Fran your trainer lets you have two HMs?) and beat up Chuck on the first try out of Mafia anger. Afterwards we got Fly and I relearned a hard lesson about Golbat before going back and remeeting Jasmine. We went back down and finally beat her after the third try. I refound an old Gen II trick I forgot, if you use Twineedle on a Steel type you can still poison it. Good luck with this kiddies. :D But really I was super confused since I forgot. Almost as confused as that Magnemite I bet. Drowzee evolved and we went back to the PC and to pc.
    Brought Z with us on the way to Mahogany because I saw Suicune and I dont believe Ive ever gone past that tree to see what happens there, but all it was was Suicune running away. I dont blame it bc of Eusine but that was pretty annoyinga nd pointless. :/ Put Z back and went to the Lake of Rage and beat the Red Gyarados using Golbat. We beat up those wimps Team Rocket in a manner that Silver would be proud of. Not that he was proud, he was jeally and trash talked me again but thats fine I dont expect more from him at this point. :/ Went back and healed before killing everything in the Mahogany Gym and in true PokeSpe-manner rage we murdered Pryce with only Slowpoke. Man I hate that piece of crap guy. Appearantly youre supposed to beat Team Rocket there AFTER you fight Mahogany Gym... Ive been doing this wrong forever... :'/
    Cleared the Radio Tower and Department Store of Team Rocket like a Mafia Boss and got the Amulet Coin finally. Chrome evolved somewhere in there I believe.
    Went through the Ice Path and found a Sneasel by surprise, I planned on using a Houndoom instead but I fidnt realize they were in here so I caugt her and now I wish I named her Lal Mirch instead but whatever. Trained her the rest of the way through the cave and intl Blackthorne. I had to sleep soon so I wanted Eevee to evolve before I went to sleep but dang he was stubborn and took forever to evolve, hence his grossly overleveled...level. Eevee and Slowpoke evokved out of it though. Beat Claire the next morning actually very easily when I was waiting for her to send out a Dragonite to use Sneasel but she never did. Went through the Dragons Den and accidentally said Tough Pokemon were most valuable(I meant to click B not A) so I guess we really are Mafia now. JOHTO YAKUZA
    I wanted to take everyone through Victory Road but no one could learn Waterfall so I had to catch a Mantine and teach them Waterfall, Whirlpool, and Surf to get through Tohjo Falls. I think we mightve overleveled for the game but thats ok too. We managed to beat the Elite Four and Lance in one go after using all our Revives/Potions and made it into the Hall of Fame.

Spoiler: Kanto time
    Climing aboard the SS Aqua it was time to beat up Kanto's Gyms as well. We immediately took down Surge with Beedrill and Crobat, everyone helped out but like half the team fainted cause we arent very good va Electric or Rock(Rollout) types. :/ Geodude used to be a pain but at least we got Slowbro and Sneasel to take care of that too.
    Sabrina was a joke, I just wish I had been smarter and hadnt sent out my Poison types first. :/ I thought Beedrill could do it but one Psychic killed him, same with Crobat. I ened to be more careful with them. Does Sabrina just like stand there and say she saw you in a vision everytime she fights someone and then gets beat and is like 'well maybe it wasnt you' like?
    Took me forever to figure out how to bring Misty back. In the mean time we beat Erika and Janine and continue to run around Kanto doing small tasks ans barely making it into Pewter City. Brock was fairly easy and Im becoming more and more impressed with Sneasel. <3 I did try to catch the Snorlax to get its Leftovers but ended up accidentally clicking 'Run' on fast forward so oh well.
    Went to find Blue when he wasnt in his Gym, and got the TM for Dream Eater along the way to Pallet. Im sure Hypno would learn it sooner or later but eh why not? Continued through Pallet after going in each house("I sre you understand how to use pokeballs" really oak) and met Blue in Cinnabar. He seems really... Depressed? I was jokingly mad before but now im kinda sad that poor child let me hug him. We went to Blaine first since we were already so close and easily beat him before challenging Blue back in Viridian. Blue was somewhat harder as his team was like 50+?? But now weve got all 16 badges, were on our way there Red!
    Made it up Mt Silver easier than usual? Mustve been partly due to teaching Umbreon Flash? We went straight up and managed to somehow overpower Red but we used quite a few Revives and Hyper Potions. It didnt seem as fun as when I normally fight him? Oh well, I guess that means Im stronger than usual this time. Afterward we spoke to Elm and Mom and fought Felix(/Silver) in Mt Moon. Gotta love that kid after his redemption arc stuff.(or his precious innoent child versionin pokespe.) Finally, done. :')

Final team:
    Gokudera the Beedrill, Male, Level 50 (Amulet Coin)
    Twineedle/Focus Energy/Harden/Fury Cutter
    Chrome the Crobat, Female, Level 50
    Fly/Wing Attack/Bite/Confuse Ray
    Fran the Slowbro, Male, Level 50 (Quick Claw)
    Curse/Strength/Confusion/Surf
    ((Mini)) Mosca the Hypno, Female, Level 51 (Focus Band)
    Headbutt/Hypnosis/Dream Eater/Psychic
    Tsuna the Umbreon, Male, Level 50
    Bite/Shadow Ball/Flash/Headbutt
    Oregano the Sneasel, Female, Level 50 (Nevermeltice)
    Icy Wind/Slash/Screech/Faint Attack

Pc: Z the Totodile, B the Togepi, Mantine
    Spoiler: Thoughts on the team:
    Gokudera was fun to use at the beginning or when he had a type advantage, but like usual as an early game Pokemon he fell out of it somewhat. He was still amazing though and always pulled through(except for against the Psychic move... Hits hard).

Chrome is one of my favorite Pokemon that I live to use in Johto, so originally she was going to be taught Swift from the TM in Dark Tunnel or whatever like most of my Zubat. But she managed to learn Bite first and actually did very good on her own. She got weaker in her attacks later on but two hit kos are still very good. I was considering giving her Toxic over Bite in the end, while I didnt I think it wouldve helped more too.

Fran is a Pokemon Ive never gotten to use but liked. I have a Slowpoke in HGSS but I havent evolved her yet and well she isnt the strongest, But at some point Fran pulled ahead and hit everything as hard as possible. The mvp of the challenge honestly, I really loved using him. He was pretty much the backup of the team if things got hard, and the only Rock/Ground counter until Sneasel, and the only one who could even touch Steel types without fainting in one go.

Mosca was ok for a long time there, I wasnt really impressed in the beginning but Im not usually when it comes to Drowzee. However in Kanto she seemed to get better and hit harder as time went on, slowly but surely. She learned Psychic right before Red so that helped a lot as she took down maybe almost half of his team or something? Not able to take too many hits though, she was usually faster at least. Her Focus Band is what probably saved us from some of his Pokemon in the final battle.

Tsuna was great at first and could usually one or two hit ko things with ease. I hoped hed carry that on to evolution, but unfortunately not. His attacks became weaker and he would take a while to kill trained Pokemon sometimes, but his bulk was amazing too since now he could actually use Sand Attack/Flash and not immediately die. He did very good but annoyed me when he took forever to evolve. :/

Oregano worried me at first, I wanted Houndour ayway but I caught her since I thought Ice might be better than Fire this time, and Im so thankful I did. The only times Ive used Sneasel beforethey were fragile and weak, but she was so strong and amazing and fought so greatly. Her battling kept going uphill and she made it as second best I suppose since Fran was first? But she was amazing and I likes having the new type coverage there.

This has to be the fastest Ive ever played any Pokemon game tbh.

Pics from Red and League:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • Department stores are exempt from this rule because lots of things in there are possibly too expensive for anyone's budget. But if you wanna challenge yourself then go ahead xD

Yeah theres no way I barely have enough Item space in my bag to buy the normal items let alone a department store of them. :'D And i may have the money now but back in Goldenrod first time around...sheesh please no...

Last edited:

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • Double posting so i dont spam Ahri with quotes....

Finished the Mafia Crystal run(with khr names bc im weeb trash) so:

Username: DyingWillFlareon
    Game: Sapphire
    Era: Industrial Revolution

Spoiler: Thus far
    Got Mudkip as my starter and continued on to train like heck, seeing as how for a minute he'll be my only Pokemon teammate. Quickly made it to Rustboro and kicked a couple Team Aqua grunts over in our excitement for adventure. The Gym didnt stand a chance and Mudkip demolished it in one go, evolving after Roxanne's battle.
    Skipping a few trainers for the next Pokemon, we set off for Dewford with Mr Briney and immediately went to deliver the letter to Steven. Caught a Makuhita in the cave for our mandatory before delivering it, and went back to Petalburg to train on those few trainers we skipped. Brought them back afterward and finally hit the Gym. Took us a few tries but after some training in the cave(probably shouldnt have gone in with a level 16 & 19...) Makuhita soloed him and finally beat Brawly. I also hate Bulk Up on opponents now.
    Hit up everywhere in Slateport and Mauville, leaving trainers around Mauville for training again. Got the Soft Sand from a little girl on the beach. Beat Brendan second time, and beat Wally with one move. Struggled a bit against Wattson despite such good type advantages. Makuhita managed to evole already in the Gym?? I didnt realize they evolve that early.
    Traveled up and caught Numel in the Firey Path, trained her back around Mauville and the Winstons. Brought Rock Smash into Rusturf Tunnel and got Blackglasses which may be useful? Went further north and caught a Sandshrew and Skarmory. Sandshrew evolved during training. Stopped Team Aqua in Meteor Falls and heading up to the volcano right now to rematch Archie after his bs win, then going to Lavaridge for the Badge.
    Hit the Gym, it was a little tough but everyone pulled through ok. We headed back to Rustboro to tell Mr Stone we delivered the letter then go fight Norman. The Gym battle itself was a little hard but we managed to beat him with one Pokemon not fainted. Wally's parents gave me Surf HM to get by on as thanks.
    Went back to Mauville and helped Wattson with his Generator problem and caught Magnemite in Sea Mauville. Magnemite evolved during training shortly after leaving there. This is probably my least favorite part of Hoenn, we went through the long fields and into the Weather Institute FINALLY. Team Aqua got their butts kicked and driven off, and as thanks we recieved a Castform. I swapped out is Mystic Water and gave that to Marshtomp in exchange for his Soft Sand which went to Numel for now. We kept trekking and got Fly from Brendan and the Devon Scope from Steven. We finally made it to Winona's Gym and beat her in one try(more due to laziness and not wanting to go back there again).
    Traveled through Mt Pyre and Lilycove with a newly evolved Numel, and back to Slateport as well when slwe taight Fly to Skarmory. Btw I love its name, Scar, Sky, Armory, so beautiful and perfect? But this is the first Ive used it. took down the Team Aqua Hideout with a "dang you to heck!" as we left the exploding Electrode behind. Headed to Mossdeep and lost the first time to the Gym but beat Tate and Liza the second try after evolving Marshtomp.

Current Team:

Yamamoto the Swampert, Male, Level 36
    Torrent Ability, Docile Nature (Mystic Water)
    Take Down/Rock Smash/Mudshot/Surf
    Lal the Hariyama, Female, Level 35
    Thick Fat Ability, Timid Nature
    Fake Out/Focus Energy/Vital Throw/Arm Thrust
    Kyoko the Camerupt, Female, Level 34
    Magma Armor Ability, Jolly Nature (Soft Sand)
    Focus Energy/Rock Slide/Ember/Magnitude
    Bel the Sandslash, Male, Level 34
    Sand Veil Ability, Calm Nature
    Slash/Swift/Sand Attack/Poison Sting
    Mukuro the Skarmory, Male, Level 34
    Sturdy Ability, Jolly Nature
    Fly/Steel Wing/Swift/Agility
    Lambo the Magneton, Genderless, Level 35
    Sturdy Ability, Hasty Nature
    Spark/Thunderbolt/Sonicboom/Thunder Wave

PC: Zigzagoon(I accidentally caught her when i was spamming A during training? Idk how?? But I guess shell be our cheerleader then.), Castform

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back