• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The ultimate Chansey/Blissey!!!

Fr0st

Random Crazy Person
    Years
    Well, heres how it works. You come in on something u can outspeed and use substitute because most trainers will switch to there S.talker or their status absorber when Breloom shows his face. Then your opponent is in a huge problem cause he is facing a breloom with a substitute up. It can take some severe damage or it can be put to sleep. It's an amazing combo. Now no more questions about this as we have gone extremely off-topic

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
    Mullet said:
    Subseed and Subpunch. Breloom is really under rated it packs quite a punch.

I was just simply trying to suggest something, but I couldn't think about anything else at the moment. I wasn't expecting this to turn into a discussion about Breloom. This is going way offtopic so lets get ontopic.

Blissey is a good special wall and Cleric. It doesn't stand physical attacks that well, and that's what Substitute is good for. Aromathreapy heals the party making Blissey a great Cleric. Then again if you don't want Substitute you can have a SkarmBliss. A trainer using Blissey should make some wise decisions though. I don't know if CounterBliss will be successful, but you never know. You guys probably know more about Blissey considering that I really only make UU teams.

Years
    YoMama said:
    I was just simply trying to suggest something, but I couldn't think about anything else at the moment. I wasn't expecting this to turn into a discussion about Breloom. This is going way offtopic so lets get ontopic.

Blissey is a good special wall and Cleric. It doesn't stand physical attacks that well, and that's what Substitute is good for. Aromathreapy heals the party making Blissey a great Cleric. Then again if you don't want Substitute you can have a SkarmBliss. A trainer using Blissey should make some wise decisions though. I don't know if CounterBliss will be successful, but you never know. You guys probably know more about Blissey considering that I really only make UU teams.
    No one I know uses substitute on Bliss, not even noobs.:\
    Substitute wont really help Bliss, its just wasting a slot for the whore imo.

Lord Mike

Years
    Rubberbandman said:
    No one I know uses substitute on Bliss, not even noobs.:\
    Substitute wont really help Bliss, its just wasting a slot for the whore imo.

I never said you have to use Substitute. Besides, just because your friends don't use it doesn't mean other people don't.

Fr0st

Random Crazy Person
    Years
    People dont use substitute on Bliss... Mainly because its lack of baton pass and that almost all physical hits would break its subs

Lord Mike

Years
    ice_blade said:
    People dont use substitute on Bliss... Mainly because its lack of baton pass and that almost all physical hits would break its subs

I never said you had to. I was simply stating what Blissey can be used for. If you do think Substitute isn't good on Blissey, then fine.

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    YoMama said:
    I never said you had to. I was simply stating what Blissey can be used for. If you do think Substitute isn't good on Blissey, then fine.

That is just the thing we don't think we know that Sub is not a good move on Bliss it won't really protect it. An example of that would be this:

Trainer sends out CB Machamp.
    Bliss used Sub.
    Machamp Breaks sub with Cross Chop.
    Bliss uses some move.
    Machamp used Cross Chop
    Bliss fainted.

Good game Blissey. Bliss won't T-wave Machamp because without S-Toss it has no reason to Sub, without Aroma it can't be the cleric you want it to be and Softboiled is common sense.

Last edited:

Lord Mike

Years
    Mullet said:
    That is just the thing we don't think we know that Sub is not a good move on Bliss it won't really protect it. An example of that would be this:

Bliss used Sub.
    Trainer sends out CB Machamp.
    Machamp Breaks sub with Cross Chop
    Bliss uses some move.
    Machamp used Cross Chop
    Bliss fainted.

Good game Blissey. Bliss won't T-wave Machamp because without S-Toss it has no reason to Sub, without Aroma it can't be the cleric you want it to be and Softboiled is common sense.

Ok. I guess you're right. I'm just not good with Blissey. You guys obviously have more experience with it, so never mind my advice.

Years
    I'm not that good with Blissey either, really. I prefer power Pokemon. I was just trying something new for a change, and decided to share it. And I got an idea: Counterbliss + Focus Band. If Focus Band works, then it is a pretty much guaranteed OHKO. Note: I bought this strategy in the Mauville Game Corner. (stupid pun that basically means that you better have good luck if you want to trust this one.)

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    HoundoomOfTheDarkness said:
    I'm not that good with Blissey either, really. I prefer power Pokemon. I was just trying something new for a change, and decided to share it. And I got an idea: Counterbliss + Focus Band. If Focus Band works, then it is a pretty much guaranteed OHKO. Note: I bought this strategy in the Mauville Game Corner. (stupid pun that basically means that you better have good luck if you want to trust this one.)

Focus Band is a bad hax item that is generally looked down upon because it all comes down to lukc and skill should be used to win battles. Plus Leftovers is the ONLY item that Bliss should use.

Years
    I wouldn't bother getting Defense EV's for Blissey, its Defense sucks beyond repair, EV's or no EV's. By the way, how exactly do you get EV's? Different Pokemon give different EV's, right? Like, Mightyena gives attack, Clamperl gives defense... I'm gonna have to retrain... Houndoom for Sp. Attack and Metagross for Attack. Blissey is pretty much unfixable/unimprovable, EV's or not.

Fr0st

Random Crazy Person
    Years
    Ok ill take care of that seeing that Mullet isnt here atm. So it depends on what poke but ill use Adamant CBDuggy as my example as it traps Blissey alot and just lols. So here we go

Blissey with zero defence EVs and Neutral nature is takes...
    100% damage from Adamant CBduggys Earthquake (i hope i did this right)

Blissey with Max Defence takes...
    49%-58% from the same Duggys Earthquake.

With leftover recovery that Blissey can take 3 hits and can therefore kill Duggy if it Stoss's on the switch. Quite a difference if u ask me... (Again sorry if i did that rong)

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    ice_blade said:
    Ok ill take care of that seeing that Mullet isnt here atm. So it depends on what poke but ill use Adamant CBDuggy as my example as it traps Blissey alot and just lols. So here we go

Blissey with zero defence EVs and Neutral nature is takes...
    100% damage from Adamant CBduggys Earthquake (i hope i did this right)

Blissey with Max Defence takes...
    49%-58% from the same Duggys Earthquake.

With leftover recovery that Blissey can take 3 hits and can therefore kill Duggy if it Stoss's on the switch. Quite a difference if u ask me... (Again sorry if i did that rong)

It seems right and Duggy will get OHKO'd by Ice Beam if you spread Bliss's EVs correctly.

Back