• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The ultimate Chansey/Blissey!!!

SpaMMeR(SwC)

Dragon/Fire/Fighting Breeder
    Years
    Ice beam is usless on a Blissey for the fact of low A and/or SA.
    The down side is the low DEF,but with high HP it evens out,If you could boast DEF to get atless "Av" then you would end up with a Blissey(T)-without Aroma- or with Aroma-Blissey(C),but this is only my way,just ideas.

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
    SpaMMeR(SwC) said:
    Ice beam is usless on a Blissey for the fact of low A and/or SA.
    The down side is the low DEF,but with high HP it evens out,If you could boast DEF to get atless "Av" then you would end up with a Blissey(T)-without Aroma- or with Aroma-Blissey(C),but this is only my way,just ideas.

Just to let you know, Blissey has low Defense, and it can be KO'd by one Hi Jump Kick from Hitmonlee or Medicham. Ice Beam, like Ice Demon said, is used because of Arena Trap. Its Attack is worse and its Special attack is a tad below average.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Well, I'm back now. =D
    It seems like this thread is pretty heated up (and full of off-topic posts too =\)

HoundoomOfTheDarkness said:
    Okay. You know, I didn't expect that this many people would come to debate over Blissey movesets.

Because Blissey has been one of the most overused Pokemon of all time, at least on Netbattle. People have been having major debates over the movesets of popular Pokemon like Blissey, or Snorlax, or Tyranitar etc. for quite a while.

The inclusion of Ice Beam on Bliss is just another example of a shift in the metagame. It used be that Bliss's only attack was Seismic Toss, but then McGar (a Gengar with Focus Punch and Substitute) came along to ruin her fun. So Ice Beam was added to break McGar's Subs and prevent it from Focus Punching. Now you can say that Psychic would be even more effective against it, but Ice Beam is a bit stronger and is supereffective against far more types. Ice Beam is also handy for Dragon types like Salamence and Dragonite. Blissey wouldn't be an ideal counter against them, but it's good if you have nothing else.

Of course, you're welcome to use Psychic or other special attacks. I can even see cases where Psychic would be useful, like for surprising Weezing or catching a Fighting-type on the switch-in. But standard sets are standard sets and are used because they are more effective in the long run.

HoundoomOfTheDarkness said:
    Ya lost me there. By duggy do you mean Dugtrio? Because it seems to be coming up a lot.

Yes, Duggy is the nickname for Dugtrio. Dugtrio is the ultimate counter of all Blisseys without Counter or Ice beam.

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
    Psychic can be used without a STAB. People like Thunderbolt so much. Like Psychic, Thunderbolt only good against 2 types, which are Water and Flying. People say that Psychic isn't good against enough types, while the only way Thunderbolt is better is that its base power is 5 more.

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    YoMama said:
    Psychic can be used without a STAB. People like Thunderbolt so much. Like Psychic, Thunderbolt only good against 2 types, which are Water and Flying. People say that Psychic isn't good against enough types, while the only way Thunderbolt is better is that its base power is 5 more.

Thunderbolt is prefered over Psychic because when considering both without STAB, Thunderbolt has a greater base power. And yes, that 5 more base power DOES count. I mean, look at a STABed Salamence HP Flying compared to its Earthquake. Thunderbolt also completes that lovely boltbeam combo, and since Water and Flyimg types are so common in the Metagame, it makes it a great move.

Then there's Psychic, of which when used with STAB, Fighting types are unlikely to stay in (save Heracross and Medicham in some cases). Add that to the fact that there's almost always a person in your Party that can earthquake better than BLissey or someone can use an UnSTABed Psychic, and Thunderbolt is ultimately the better choice for an unSTABed special attack.

And to make sure I've clarified my point, look at the super effective capabilities:

Psychic - Poison/Fighting
    Thunderbolt - Water/Flying

Once again, i say that water and flying types are THE most comon types in the game, where as Poison and Fighting types aren't to be as feared as much. A team should be balanced enough so that switching will complete a defensive capability to handle either of the two types anyway.

Back