• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Unova Zodiac

Intelligence

The return
Years
  • I was born in February, which makes me a Simipour. It totally matches my personality and I think it is a fun thing in White and Black.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    What is your sign?
    Looks like I'm a Sawsbuck seeing as I'm a Capricorn.

Can you relate to your sign - does it match your personality?
    Can't really say it does. Sawsbuck seems like a very calm Pokémon though.

How do you feel about the idea of Pokemon star signs in Black and White in general?
    Eh, doesn't make any difference to me whilst playing the games, it isn't really a big thing, so just a mutual feeling really.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2019
    That's because in real life the zodiac signs don't change when each month starts but near the end of each month so end of July and most of August is Leo.

Yeah I know, the reason I ask is that I don't know what Unova sign I am depending on the Month or Sign. A Crustle or a Braviary?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Yeah I know, the reason I ask is that I don't know what Unova sign I am depending on the Month or Sign. A Crustle or a Braviary?

It's simple: if you were born in the month of July, you're Crustle (the Pokemon that represents Cancer); if you were born in the month of August, you're Braviary (the Pokemon that represents Leo).

On a random note: I think why GameFreak made Braviary represent Leo in the Unova Zodiac rather than a lion-based Pokemon is because while there aren't any lion-based Pokemon in Unova, lions are depicted as brave, which is one of Braviary's notable characteristics.

Last edited:

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I'm August, so I have Braviary which isn't bad. Could be worse.

Also yes, winter. Winter and summer are the best. The items seem random though.

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
    Years
  • Sawsbuck all the way.
    I'm not really into astrology, but I do kinda like it in Pokémon.

I found the National Gymquirer amusing. I hate gossip, but that just made me laugh that Game Freak made a play on the National Inquirer. xD

nekohime

Neko of the Jotho
    Years
    • Age 29
    • WI
    • Seen Nov 2, 2011
    July - Crustle (Cancer)
    Season: Autumn
    Lucky Item: Dowsing MCHN

ok so my sign is Cancer but I was born in June so I guess I'll take my sign's pokemon, birthday : June 28 Cancer

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I'm a Klink. When I originally saw that, I reacted kinda negatively... but thinking about it more, I guess it sort of suits me in a way. I can be a little bit robotic at times; I'm quite methodical when I want to be; I like my logic and numbers and stuff... Maybe being a Klink isn't all that bad! The whole 'Summer' and 'A slow Pokemon' aren't my thing, though. I like Autumn and fast critters, but that's just me.

Zet

Years
  • My sign is Alomomola. I guess I can relate to it since I do like embracing people.

I think this was a pretty neat concept to add to the pokemon games, and I didn't even know about it until I saw this thread :P

jkls39

Gate Master
    Years
  • Haha! I like this topic! Before I start off, ever since I saw this Pokemon signs whenever I'm watching the TV in B/W, I write the month, the Pokemon and the personality. I'm having fun actually. I still need 3 more of the Pokemon signs before I can finish all. Anyway, to start off, I was born in April so mine's Whimsicott. I'm kind of related to it since I also hate to lose and always wanted justice. I think having this different kind of "signs" rather than the usual signs we have is really unique because it feels different... :D

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I'm just going to add in a few more questions for users to relate to rather than just naming their star sign which they could do in OVP anyway!

Either way, I kinda am glad it's Whimisicott, I mean, I used to dislike it, but I realised it can be the most annoying Pokemon ever. XD I sorta don't think it matches my personality, though :( tbh it sucks that April is Whimisicott, JUST CAUSE I WAS BORN AT THE END OF APRIL, I... miss out on Bouffalant! But oh well, it could be worse. I do like the idea of Pokemon horoscopes though in B/W, adds a bit of reality to the games.

Just from this post I knew I was a Whimsicott, since myself and Forever share the same birthday. :D

Anyway, on-topic. Whimsicott's pretty cool, and I have one on my team. :) Probably not my favourite one out of the list, but at least it's not something like Stunfisk... :P

As for it matching my personality, I always imagined it as being quite timid (?), so yeah, I guess it is quite similar. :)

Finally, I quite like the feature although, if I'm honest, I didn't actually notice it, so yeah... ^^'

Years
  • I was born in October, so I'm a Lampent.

The Unova Zodiac

Plus, my real Zodiac sign is Libra and Lampent really showcases that sign.

I loved this little guy, it gains monstrous Special Attack as a Chandelure.

Osha_say_wott?!

osha osha
    Years
  • I kept watching the TV to see my horoscope pop up but it never did. >.< So it looks like I'm a Alomomomomola.
    I can relate to Alomomola, a caring Pokemon helping others. So I guess it matches my personality to a degree.
    I think it's neat for something on the side. Since the game knows when it is your birthday(you get a present I think for the poke musical on your bday) they should incorporate what your horoscopes say about your lucky items and season. Or something something..haha. Forgot what I was saying. xD

Years
  • I kept watching the TV to see my horoscope pop up but it never did. >.< So it looks like I'm a Alomomomomola.
    I can relate to Alomomola, a caring Pokemon helping others. So I guess it matches my personality to a degree.
    I think it's neat for something on the side. Since the game knows when it is your birthday(you get a present I think for the poke musical on your bday) they should incorporate what your horoscopes say about your lucky items and season. Or something something..haha. Forgot what I was saying. xD

That Pokemon Musical prop you get on your birthday is a Toy Cake that your Pokemon can carry on its arm or wear it on its head.

Also, if you visit a Pokemon Center on your birthday in Black and White, the Nurse will ask if it is your birthday today similar to how Lucas/Dawn asks if it is your birthday in Diamond/Pearl.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm a crustle. I love crustle's and just like one I retreat into my shell or look for a new way to protect myself if I ever lose it...
    i like the zodiac and the other shows makes it interesting to actually see what's on tv.

oocyst

SOFTware
    Years
  • My in-game zodiac doesn't match up with my IRL one. In game my zodiac is Whimsicott, for April, but I'm Taurus IRL, so that would be ...Bouffalant.
    I'm glad I got Whimsicott and not Bouffalant

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • I am a bouffalant with an X Attack. Hmmm.. I prefer SpA more than attack but I gues Bouffalant is pretty awesome for a bull.

Back