• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Talk] The Waiting Room

Years
  • Do you have any character concepts you've been sitting on for a while that you haven't found a place to use yet? Tell me about them! Why haven't you used them anywhere yet?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    there hasnt yet been a good campaign opportunity for me to put a cute kobold caster into :>

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Well, I have a concept actually! But it's just not an easy concept to fit in... the majority of roleplays, I think. Much like Rayen, you have to know what you're doing, basically.

To break it down: this would be a character that, by personality, just isn't that easy to throw into new situations or to approach in general. And I've found it a bit harder to make the development of this kind of characters feel natural and to make them seem believable, compared to someone like Arianne who is mostly expansive and eager to make friends. Plus, I as a writer still have to improve with relating to characters that are very different than me. So, the personal aspect is something to consider here.

It's also true that this character, the way I've been thinking about them, well... it only fits a certain kind of background and setting. It probably works better in roleplays that have a generally darker tone, something that keeps the focus on their personality traits and their struggles. And that also means making sure the roleplay in question lets you participate with characters of a certain age.

Trying not to make too many spoilers... there are some not really nice parts of me that I would like to bring on the surface with a character like this, and I'm hopeful that if done right, this might be even cathartic! But adapting that core concept to different situations, depending on which roleplays are open to join, is not that easy! I might even add in the schedule problem, and how I should be careful not to start too many commitments... but I'm not even sure that's the main thing that's making me put these ideas on the backburner. The fact is, though, that's where this character is gonna stay for the time being~

Years
  • I have some character art I own that I'm waiting for the right moment to use and also a bunch of 5e character builds I want to try, but I don't have much in the way of set character concepts in full I'm holding onto. I prefer to tailor my characters to the setting that they're going into.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I feel pretty similarly to GP, I try to make my characters on the fly depending on the RP/campaign and the setting. I'll usually get a spark on inspiration out of nowhere from some general concept (that usually starts as a joke), such as "what if I played an inept bug catcher who wants to be champion" or "what if I played a frog boy who can't speak Common" and the concept grows from there.

I'll admit I have thought of a few NPCs that I later wanted to play as full characters though...

Back