• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: The War on Nouvel Series: Chapter 1: Caeluss

Does the titlescreen need a Revamp?

• Total voters

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
    The War on Nouvel Series: Chapter 1: Caeluss (Updates!)

The War on Nouvel Series: Chapter 1: Caeluss

credit to ~BZuma for the banner
    Note: This following material refers to the first chapter.

Beta testing is in progress, so more beta testers is needed, so apply below

My background...Yeah, you'll probably skip this section

Hello, I am Fan King. You might know me from around the forums and such, asking and answering questions. Giving my opinions. I started hacking in February, but after a week took a break then two months later (may?) I took it up again. So then I started creating a hack. I went through about 45 ideas, none of them keeping my interest to keep them going. But now I present to you my my most eminent idea. The Nouvelian War Series!

Info and some background

Rom Base:

Start Date: June 5 2009 ( I'm surprised I still remember this:mudkip^_^:)
    Release Date of Beta\next version: TBA, but possibly in the next couple of weeks

This series features several chapters, each chapter one game.
    This time period is varied. One country is based in native american\colonial time\while one is based in present day.

On the huge land continent of Nouvel there exists 2 countries that span the land. The largest power, The Drajonis, a militaristic, powerful empire, and the Avalians, a culture driven free and independent countries. The Drajonis and Avalians are so different from each other, they are stuck in different time periods. Avalia acts as a third world countrie, with no organized protection force, having thier people live free lives, only morals keep the laws. The Drajoni are present age, with all the technology we have.

Tension between each other grows ever so frequently. The Drajonis are forcefully pushing the entire world for revolution, while the Avalians are keeping there traditions and resisting the urge. Rumors of erupting war emerge, the only thing keeping the Nation's security are newly born vigilante groups, using Drajoni technology against them

You are a boy\girl, starting the game on your 16th birthday. It is custom where you live to participate in a "trail" of manhood\womanhood. After waking up late, you hurry off to your village storehouse, where your DAD awaits your arrival. Telling you about the trial he sends you off to catch a pokemon bare handed, and retreiving a scarlet feather from the nearby caver, Orono Cave. He also tells you to meet him in the next city over, Alaway City. As you travel, you encounter one of the vigilante groups, having a encounter with Drajoni agents. You help the group, defeating the agents, sending them away. You are then invited to join the group, you can either refuse the invitation or accept it.

As you arrive in Alaway city, your DAD greets you, telling you that your Aunt has a proposition for you. When you talk to her, she tells you that about the Tournament of Passion, a cultral tradition in Avalia where all the trainers in the country fight to obtain 8 amulets which grant you passage into the tournament.

note: think of the Drajoni as America, and Avalia as third world African nations

~ New continent of Nouvel, spanning four region maps!
    ~ New starter pokemon, a random draw between Nidoran boy and girl!
    ~ new maps, new scripts!
    ~ There is no more evil team rocket or whatever. The struggle is the vigilante groups protecting they're land against the mighty Drajoni empire!
    ~ Option if joining two vigilante groups, each having their own team base with special features, and each choice changes the future storyline!
    ~Unique minigames and puzzles! A floor shifting puzzle, gambling and more!
    ~ Exploring the Underground( I'm talking about the one from D\P\PT!)
    ~new tiles! (credit to mitchel1)
    ~ d\p\pt pokemon!
    ~A Jobsystem, where you can cmplete tasks for your group, getting rewards and raising your rank!

Now for the Media!
    maps!
    Spoiler:

here's the new hero and heroine sprite!

Screen shots
    Spoiler:

Videos will be up soon

Bugs\glitches
    Red=serious glitch\bug. Interrupts gameplay
    Somewhat minor glitch, may or may not interrupt gameplay
    Just a regular abnomralities or oddity
    fixed

~You are not allowed to move in Orono cave, except for a few steps
    ~Warp in Orono Town that leads to Orono Forest warps to team base
    ~Some sprites that are supposed to be there, randomly disapear, but then reapear when you get close to them
    ~There's a random pokeball in New Breeze town, that freezes the game when you talk to it.

Progress
    The progress will be listed up to the next beta

crossed out means completed, green means in progess, and nothing means not completed yet. and when beta one compete is crossed out, look for a download!!

New Breeze Village
    Route 1
    Orono Town
    Snare Cave
    Orono Forest
    Team Base #1

Alaway City(first Gym)
    Trev Gorge and Valley
    Loseni Town
    Route 2
    Hexel City(second Gym)
    Team Base #2
    Mt. Helio
    Port Vabon
    *beta 1 complete!!*

The Team...

Fan King~ Scripting, mapping, storyline designing, title screen editor, basically everything else.

indyracer500~ Storyline help, part scripter,concept artist, beta tester

~BZuma: O\w spriter, and maybe spriter

Arcelio: Beta tester

I need help in a couple categories. If you want to apply, use the application below. You can also apply at the team thread, once its up

O\w spriter: I need this person to be able to do some work, as I need two types of team ow sprite a hero and rival sprite.I need how many it takes to complete the jobs I'm asking

Spriter: I need this person to be able to do the same as the o\w spriter

Title screen editor: I wish this person to vamp the title screen, because it could use a makeover XD

Mapping: I don't need any mappers,unless you are really creative and I think that your maps are amazing

Scripter: No, I do not need any scripters. I fill the position pretty well my self, at least in my opinion. XD

Beta testers: I need several beta testers, and since I'm too lazy to test a lot of gameplay

Banner maker: I need some banners and user bars that show support for the hack

and here's the application

username\alias: just something I can call you by
    position or Job: What do you want to be?
    Past experience: just a little background check, so I know what to expect from you
    Proof of work: just provide something that shows off your best side of your talents

I you just have a little something you want to contribute just PM me, and I'll put you in the special thanks\credit section, and you get a special userbar!

Banners\userbars

a nidorino supporter banner, made by me

an animated userbar, also made by me

Downloads:
    none yet =(

Special Thanks and Credits
    Thrace for making genesis, for without genesis, my friend wouldn't have told me about rom hacking :P
    Mitchel1 for the Awesome tiles that give it the old feel
    diegoisawesome for his scripting tutorial, you wouldn't know how many times I looked at that
    All the graphic tutorials I looked at.(espicailly thethethethe tut on title screen)
    everybody who helped me out when I first started, Thank you!
    Thanks to ~BZuma for a new titlescreen logo and banner!

Last edited:

indyracer500

is in front of a computer
    Years
    Thanks for the credit, and the title screen looks very choppy now that i think about it.
    -the flames (yuck! too many colors and it clashes
    -the sprite (good sprite, but after changes it may need some changing
    -the writing of: "Caeluss" (THE COLOR!! and the font is sort of :/

and i quote, " It's not that hard to run your post through a spell check on word before posting it..." THAT'S FROM YOU Fan King. and PC even has a spell check. O.o XD

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    Well, your Hack is pretty amazing from what I see now. Well, the titlescreen is kinda good, but needs improvement as mentioned by Indy Racer. Well, keep up the good work! (Wow, this is the first that I've used so many "Well"s. :P)

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
    Well, your Hack is pretty amazing from what I see now. Well, the titlescreen is kinda good, but needs improvement as mentioned by Indy Racer. Well, keep up the good work! (Wow, this is the first that I've used so many "Well"s. :P)
    "well" thanks for the constructive criticism and the compliment.

From what I see from the poll, that title screen really sucks:P, I'll have to do it next week, becuase I'll be away

indyracer500

is in front of a computer
    Years

~ New continent of Nouvel, spanning four region maps!
    ~ New starter pokemon, a random draw between Nidoran boy and girl!
    ~ new maps, new scripts!
    ~ There is no more evil team rocket or whatever. The struggle is the vigilante groups protecting they're land against the mighty Drajoni empire!
    ~ Option if joining two vigilante groups, each having their own team base with special features, and each choice changes the future storyline!
    ~Unique minigames and puzzles! A floor shifting puzzle, gambling and more!
    ~ Exploring the Underground( I'm talking about the one from D\P\PT!)
    ~new tiles! (credit to mitchel1)
    ~ d\p\pt pokemon!
    ~A Jobsystem, where you can cmplete tasks for your group, getting rewards and raising your rank!

Whoa. I FINALLY thought about the, "~ Exploring the Underground( I'm talking about the one from D\P\PT!)" part. OH WOW!!!! everyones kinda focused on the title screen so let's make this kinda big:
    an underground..........WITH SPHERES AND SUCH!? oh, great.
    proud to be beta tester ;D

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
    Whoa. I FINALLY thought about the, "~ Exploring the Underground( I'm talking about the one from D\P\PT!)" part. OH WOW!!!! everyones kinda focused on the title screen so let's make this kinda big:
    an underground..........WITH SPHERES AND SUCH!? oh, great.
    proud to be beta tester ;D

XD, yeah I already have it designed, I just need someone who can put scripts into items, if not then there will be a guy who will let you into the underground, or a mine or something XD

Last edited:

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
    Years
    Username\Alias: Arcelio, Celio
    Position or Job: Beta Tester
    Past Experience: I'm working on Pokemon City Realms with Team Pasta, I'm helping to translate Pokemon Keyra, a tester for Pokemon Yellow Advanced Version, and I'm working with Team Dusk to create Pokemon Darkstars
    Proof of Work: Uh...kind of hard to show proof for beta testing. Ask ThePastaThrower or Ray Marverick for my proof of work. But if I can say for myself, I'm a damn fine beta tester. Thing is...I'm kind of forgetful. If you don't hear from me for a good week or so, I'm probably lost in my own world and you should send me a pm to get me back on track.
    Contact: [email protected] I'm also part of Team Pasta, and so are you so...

Last edited:

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years
    Past Experience: I'm working on Pokemon City Realms with Team Pasta, I'm helping to translate Pokemon Keyra, a tester for Pokemon Yellow Advanced Version, and I'm working with Team Dusk to create Pokemon Darkstars
    Proof of Work: Uh...kind of hard to show proof for beta testing. Ask ThePastaThrower or Ray Marverick for my proof of work. But if I can say for myself, I'm a damn fine beta tester. Thing is...I'm kind of forgetful. If you don't hear from me for a good week or so, I'm probably lost in my own world and you should send me a pm to get me back on track.
    he is one vacation for a week he said he might be able to get a hold of a computer so when he gets to a computer I'm sure you will get accepted:)
    by the way I'm the o/w spriter and spriter :) i also made the banner and the new logo:)

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
    Years
    he is one vacation for a week he said he might be able to get a hold of a computer so when he gets to a computer I'm sure you will get accepted:)
    by the way I'm the o/w spriter and spriter :) i also made the banner and the new logo:)

Cool. Guess I've got another banner to add to my list. Well, back to Dark Diamond and Bloody Platinum for me then.

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years
    Cool. Guess I've got another banner to add to my list. Well, back to Dark Diamond and Bloody Platinum for me then.
    there is just 2 things i ment the banner at the top of the page there are 2 support banners for public use the the first post because thats my own personal banner fan king made me becuase i helped him out look it say's ~BZuma - nouvelian war contributor
    let me explane ~BZuma cus thats me nouvelian war is the hack and contributor cus i helped out
    heres a link to use for and support banner
    https://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss357/jebees/Untitled-6copypsbannerone.jpg

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years

sure, you're accepted, but you wont be able to get the patch for a while, mainly because im on vacation and i only have a mimnute left on the publiccomp i'm using

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
    okay I'm back from vacation, so production will start again.

also more progress has been made, a new and improved overworld sprite is made, and I've began to hex edit certain parts of the intro

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
    Years
    okay I'm back from vacation, so production will start again.

also more progress has been made, a new and improved overworld sprite is made, and I've began to hex edit certain parts of the intro

Just took a look at the screenshots when I got my topic subscription update. The game looks beautiful! The only games that might surpass it in just graphics would have to be the Ruby Destiny series, but that's the amazing thing. This game is only up to beta one and it looks awesome, while those games are already finished. Great work. Send me the beta whenever you've got time. No rush.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
    Just took a look at the screenshots when I got my topic subscription update. The game looks beautiful! The only games that might surpass it in just graphics would have to be the Ruby Destiny series, but that's the amazing thing. This game is only up to beta one and it looks awesome, while those games are already finished. Great work. Send me the beta whenever you've got time. No rush.

wow thanks for the great compliment =D

I hope other people have the same perspective in hotw.
    and ill have a version for you to test probably tomorrow, just have finish hex editing the intro

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years
    hey fan
    do you think we could get someone to try and make a old gym aswell so it fits in?
    and other stuff that doesn't really give it the old feel

The Shadow Knight

Roaming Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2022
    In case your sprites are still disappearing, have you checked their person event no. in Advance map? If several sprites on the map have the same number things can get funky.

Back