• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Way the world will end...

The Last One

Stalking Your Conversations
Years
  • What is your opinion on how the world will end, and when I say world, I mean Human existance...

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2011
    It certainly will not end all in one day (December 21, 2012) ... even if we start to see some sort of signs today: Earthquakes everywhere, devastating tornadoes, floods ... all consequences of bad human behavior, so we will continue to mark our own end, nothing but Maya, aliens, clowns space (?)

Years
  • Eventually, over the course of the next couple of million of years, humans will evolve, just like they have in the past. That is nature right there. What we evolve into next is still a mystery.

Bela

Banned
    Years
  • If human civilization doesn't destroy itself with nuclear weapons, or starve itself to death with poisoned food and water supplies, or succumb to a worldwide sickness brought on by a failure to contain known viruses or bacteria or through the creation of new ones, then there always exists the possibility that our existence will come to an end at the hands of cosmic events, such as significantly large asteroid impacts.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Unknown diseases, war, cosmic events, natural disasters. If the human existence were to come to an end, it wouldn't be all at once, but something traumatic would have to happen in order for the human race to be wiped out. It'll eventually happen, given our sun won't last forever, but even then we're talking almost five billion years from now. If I had to choose, I'd say it's likely that the human race would probably end by a mix of cosmic events and natural disasters.

Years
  • As long as the MADD Theory stays in place, I believe that even the most crazed and nuclear-trigger happy organizations/countries will not use their nuclear weapons.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • My older brother's Uni lecturer (science) says that populations in China, India and Bangladesh and other part of Asia will eventually over populate so much that they will be forced to spill into other countries. Then Europe, America and Australia and other developed countries will too eventually over populate causing disease and famine. He reckons that this will kill off humans faster than Global Warming kills us. Over populated countries like Bangladesh will continue to grow until famine and disease kicks in and kills off the human population.

So basically some scientists predict that disease and famine will either make us extinct, or pull down the human race to a tiny population (lack of fresh water, food, forests, housing and crowded spaces spreading disease etc.) faster than the rising oceans and increase in CO2 will...

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • King Gumball is right in my opinion. The overpopulation of the world is something that truly terrifies me, and it's something that we can't stop because people have this awful natural desire to procreate. I truly believe that this is what will end us. Therefore, I would like to take this opportunity to try and get a message across to everybody who will read it:

EVERYBODY, PLEASE STOP BREEDING.

I don't understand why everybody feels the need to have children anyway, it's just one extra mouth for the world to feed. I'm completely against totalitarian control, but I think China has the right idea with their one-child policy. If we don't stop making new people, where are we going to put them all?

EDIT: Just occurred to me how preachy this post was lol - my fear took over for a moment there... but yeah my answer is overpopulation :P

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Alien Invasion anyone? ;) (make sure to vote for Kodos). But yeah I can really see some sort of war or disease wiping out mankind though. The Earth will probably be wiped out by the Sun in how ever many years they have predicted.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Eventually, over the course of the next couple of million of years, humans will evolve, just like they have in the past. That is nature right there. What we evolve into next is still a mystery.

I personally believe that humans are at the end of their evolutionary line. Up until we took the form we have now, our mates were chosen because they were the best for procreation and continuing the species. That is no longer the case, because we're too intelligent for that and have many more considerations other that "will I make good babies with this person". Our intelligence overrides our instincts, and if some of our population were suddenly born with some kind of super power, I doubt the human race would adapt that super power like other animals would since we have more to think about than getting the more powerful mate.

But anyway, I would have to say that the human race will end in biological warfare, or an accident relating to that. Someone will develop a deadly virus and then that place will suffer a natural disaster, causing it to get out, like God is playing Pandemic on his PC. :x

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • King Gumball is right in my opinion. The overpopulation of the world is something that truly terrifies me, and it's something that we can't stop because people have this awful natural desire to procreate. I truly believe that this is what will end us. Therefore, I would like to take this opportunity to try and get a message across to everybody who will read it:

EVERYBODY, PLEASE STOP BREEDING.

I don't understand why everybody feels the need to have children anyway, it's just one extra mouth for the world to feed. I'm completely against totalitarian control, but I think China has the right idea with their one-child policy. If we don't stop making new people, where are we going to put them all?

EDIT: Just occurred to me how preachy this post was lol - my fear took over for a moment there... but yeah my answer is overpopulation :P

condoms anyone?

Some of the posters here think that biological weapons will destroy us... Maybe so goosebumps. When the disease and famine from over population kicks in some, of the developed nations, especially in Europe, might try to kill off parts of Asia to stop the people from fleeing into the less populated places. I mean we think refugees are bad now. Just wait another 50-100 years.

Ultraviolence

alt account for Eros
    Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 3, 2019

I personally believe that humans are at the end of their evolutionary line.

We're evolving all the time. Natural selection and that.
    Believe overpopulation will be the death of us. Diseases... Famine... Cannibalism... It's quite possible to be honest.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • It certainly will not end all in one day (December 21, 2012) ... even if we start to see some sort of signs today: Earthquakes everywhere, devastating tornadoes, floods ... all consequences of bad human behavior, so we will continue to mark our own end, nothing but Maya, aliens, clowns space (?)
    While I do think that if our end is to be anytime soon, it will be because of our own doing, the things you listed have nothing to do with human behavior. Earthquakes, tornadoes, and floods; none of these have anything to do with human behavior.

Wars and the grief that comes with them are our own doing, however, and it's quite possible they will be the end of us.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • December 21st 2012

Nah, I think the world will be safe for another 6.5 billion years (when the sun burns out) or when the next Mass Extincion event takes place in another say 100,000 years which would be be a comet/asteroid most probally.

Onyx_X

The Onyx Knight
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 27, 2012
    I imagine if things keep going the way they are, nuclear war will do a good number on us. If we can avoid that, we'll probably all be fine until we run out of resources or the sun dies. If there is Nuclear War, I don't think everyone in the world will die...until they sun does. Someone somewhere is about to survive. And if we don't eradicate ourselves, we may have a select group that leaves Earth for another world when we discover life won't be sustainable here any longer.

Years
  • I don't think we could disappear after a nuclear war. We are too widespread (I don't know if that's the correct word >_<) to this happen. Same for disease, even though there are viruses like ebola that kill anyone infected... These two factors could sure reduce the number of people around the world but not to the point of kill everyone.

I agree with kidpunk. Unless something very unlikely happens, like a big meteor hitting Earth, we are probably going to survive for million of years and keep evoluing '-' Our species can become erased because of evolution, not because harmful factors.

(I hope everything I said makes sense @_@)

pokecole

Brave Frontier is great.
    Years
  • A few months ago, I was watching a discovery channel show about this. One of their ideas was that somewhere distant a supernova will explode. When they do, they make a blast close to a laser that, if hit earth, will completely disintagrate (don't know how to spell it...) the entire planet. Ouch. I also agree with Onyx_X. While Nuclear war may kill many people, some will probably survive. I highly doubt a country is just gonna shoot 'em off like bottle rockets in places like Africa.... I also don't think we will die from the sun exploding and/or imploding. I would think either 1 of 3 things would happen before that. 1: We get all killed by a cosmic event, 2:We get killed from overpopulation or a manmade disaster, or 3:By the time the sun explodes and/or implodes we get smart enough, or evolve, to get the heck out of here and into another solar system in the galaxy. Any way you really put it, we're doomed...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

We're evolving all the time. Natural selection and that.

Um...did you even read the rest of my post? I explained why natural selection is pretty much moot at this point. It seems like you just read the first sentence and rushed to reply with no reasoning to back yourself up or rebuttal to my arguments.

g0ast

N0ob Hacker *_*
    Years
  • Maybe a huge-zombievirus like in resident evil! I'd love to fight some zombies!

Seriously I don't know but probably there would be a very big world between nations or (Maybe) Earth vs Aliens

Back