• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Wolves' Hideout [A Canine Pokémon Group]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Do you like to nickname Pokémon?
    Always name them after dinosaurs.

What ideas or suggestions do you have in mind for future events in the Wolves' Hideout? How do you think this will help raise activity for our group?
    Probably a wolf pokemon-only run. But I'm not sure if It'll actually raise the activity. ;x

killet513

Death the Kid
    Years
  • Do you like to nickname Pokémon?
    Most Pokémon I catch I nickname for the fun of it. The only ones I don't nickname are legendaries.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
    Very much so! I never did until R/S/E when I suddenly began nicknaming everything I caught. I never understood why more people don't use nicknames; you wouldn't call a cat "cat" or a dog "dog," would you?

I take all my nicknames very seriously, except for my legendaries. They're all named after Lady Gaga songs, i.e. Bad Romance the Heatran. c:

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Do you like to nickname Pokémon?
    I used to not nickname my Pokémon, but now I do. I agree with Ink.

What ideas or suggestions do you have in mind for future events in the Wolves' Hideout? How do you think this will help raise activity for our group?
    At the moment, I have no ideas, but will post later when I do have some. Also, I'll post Spino's idea he posted on MSN: we could have a Pokémon Pinball competition to see who gets the highest score. I (Ink and Kaori said they would too) would certainly participate. Using Ink's old suggestion, we could have the competition against other groups.

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
  • What ideas or suggestions do you have in mind for future events in the Wolves' Hideout? How do you think this will help raise activity for our group?
    Pokemon Pinball thing does sound like fun... would it be like... the GBA one? Over emulator... I do have an actual copy, though I have no idea where it currently is.

Stellar

Years
  • What ideas or suggestions do you have in mind for future events in the Wolves' Hideout? How do you think this will help raise activity for our group?
    Like Wolf said, I'm totally for the idea of a Pinball competition. It's not something that's been done to death (or at all, really) and I for one love the games. :D I'll play either version, though I do prefer the R/S one. We'd just need a way to show proof of our scores, either through photos or screenshots.

Spirit Albarn♫

death scythe★
    Years
    Erm, graphic competitions idk T~T

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I like the above idea of graphic competitions. More inclusive than pinball, as not everyone has the pinball games. Everyone in this group has a pc of some sort, so could do something, ranging from a picture on paint to a masterpiece, depending on their skill level and the resources available to them.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I like the above idea of graphic competitions. More inclusive than pinball, as not everyone has the pinball games. Everyone in this group has a pc of some sort, so could do something, ranging from a picture on paint to a masterpiece, depending on their skill level and the resources available to them.
    But everyone can download an emu. ;D

Stellar

Years
  • I like the above idea of graphic competitions. More inclusive than pinball, as not everyone has the pinball games. Everyone in this group has a pc of some sort, so could do something, ranging from a picture on paint to a masterpiece, depending on their skill level and the resources available to them.
    True, but if no one (to my knowledge) entered the Create-a-Wolf Pokémon contest, I can't see the turnout for another creative challenge to be much bigger. I could be wrong, but I just feel as though most people would find a game of some sort more entertaining than a contest based solely artistic skill. Not everyone wants to draw, edit, crop, etc. but I think it's a safe bet that everyone here likes games, even if it's not necessarily Pinball.

But everyone can download an emu. ;D
    True, but keep in mind not everyone is willing to obtain their copies of Pinball in the unspeakable method which you suggest. ;D

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Art (or theme) contest would be okay, but I doubt it would be successful since the CAWP wasn't like what Ink said.

True, but if no one (to my knowledge) entered the Create-a-Wolf Pokémon contest, I can't see the turnout for another creative challenge to be much bigger. I could be wrong, but I just feel as though most people would find a game of some sort more entertaining than a contest based solely artistic skill. Not everyone wants to draw, edit, crop, etc. but I think it's a safe bet that everyone here likes games, even if it's not necessarily Pinball.
    Yeah, even though people didn't need to draw anything. :(

We could also have a small roleplay in this thread. Or like a scavenger hunt where you have to find something in the thread?

New Side-Topic: What's your favorite Pokémon spinoff game?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024

You've got a point.....it's complicated...I guess what you'd need to do is find out how many people own the game you're thinking of holding a contest for, and judge whether or not it's worth it with said amount of competitors.

True, but keep in mind not everyone is willing to obtain their copies of Pinball in the unspeakable method which you suggest. ;D

Yeah...it's even against the rules of the forums bar ROM Hacking section to talk about the unmentionable gaming systems, so.....it's hardly going to work talking about it here is it?

Also, who's seriously going that far for one contest?

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
  • Perhaps we should take a poll over which game systems/games people here have and decide on a game that's generally common among the majority of the people here?

What's your favorite Pokémon spinoff game?
    The Stadium series I suppose. It was fun battling my R/B/Y/G/S/C pokemon on the 64 and I absolutely LOVED the mini-games. I was never one for the other spin-off games but I've heard that the Mystery Dungeon series is really good, so I might try some of those sometime.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Yeah...it's even against the rules of the forums bar ROM Hacking section to talk about the unmentionable gaming systems, so.....it's hardly going to work talking about it here is it?
    I'm pretty sure you can talk about them, but not actually post any links of where you can download them. We could post a topic asking if everyone is able to participate in the pinball event, but Ink, Spino, Kaori, and I is enough people (of course more can join) in my opinion.

Stellar

Years
  • What's your favorite Pokémon spinoff game?
    Snap. It's led to far fewer rage-quits than Pinball, of that I'm sure. xD
    When I first got the game, me and my brother would spend days playing it because we wanted to complete it without a guide. It's such a short game, but when you're figuring everything out for the first time you really get sucked into it.

Also, who's seriously going that far for one contest?
    It's not that much of a stretch; it didn't take me more than five minutes to download VBA as well as any given ROM. Unless you mean in terms of morality, in which case I totally understand. I'm buying Pinball R/S myself since I feel it's worth dropping $10 at GameStop just to own it.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Pokémon Colosseum/XD. They're my favorite Pokémon games.

Spirit Albarn♫

death scythe★
    Years
  • You've got a point.....it's complicated...I guess what you'd need to do is find out how many people own the game you're thinking of holding a contest for, and judge whether or not it's worth it with said amount of competitors.
    Yeah what he said, find out how many people would like to enter a competition and then create a seperate event for pinball contestants

Mystery dungeon, Nuff said.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    What's your favourite spin-off game?

Pokemon Ranger. I've only owned two, and the other was PBR, which eventually got boring, even though seeing Magmortar fire things out its' cannons was cool (particularly Hyper Beam, which had an awesome animation itself). I got it about 60% complete, then got bored. So, Ranger, which I've actually replayed (only once) and has hundreds of pokemon I never found, is much better, and therefore my favourite.

Thunderwolf1989

Ninetales fan! Ground trainer
    Years
    I very rarely do so, if they evolve the old name doesn't fit them anymore, and I'm too lazy to go and rename them, so I mostly don't give them a nickname.What ideas or suggestions do you have in mind for future events in the Wolves' Hideout? How do you think this will help raise activity for our group?
    Idk...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back