• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Wonders of Wonder Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace_Master_of_Turtles

Just that spriting guy
Years
  • Did anyone participate in the zubat storm?

The title says it all.
    If you don't know what the zubat Storm is it was an event that happened today ( Dec 4 2013 ) at 3:00 PM EST time.
    The Wonders of Wonder Trade

It was fun and 2 youtubers i watch NateWantsToBattle and Dookieshed livestreamed it it was really fun (I love ruining peoples day >:)

Somma

The PokéGambler
    Years
  • Darn... there went my chance of dumping my 200+ Honedges to support this.... Q~Q

Years
  • honestly couldn't see the point in this at all.. kinda ruined wonder trade for those who didn't want to be involved, then again, i guess they could have just not wonder traded that day

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
  • I see it as something fun. To bad I missed it. And if people really think it'd ruin wonder trade, they could just not have used it during this time. Nothing forced them to use it while this went on :p

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It might've been fun to those who were participants, but those who were victims, though, they probably disliked like it. Well, unless they're Zubat fans, of course. xD Haven't participated in this event, as I wasn't very aware of it. Even if I was, I most likely wouldn't have participated anyway, since we don't have a working wi-fi connection in our home at the moment. Something went wrong with our router, and none of us were able to fix it. Probably might need to purchase a new one.

Also, since we have a thread about Wonder Trade already, I'm merging it with that one.

Merged.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • I've been considerably lucky with Wonder Trade. I usually trade any extra Pokémon that I have. Notable Pokémon that I received are a Charmander and Shauna's Froakie (nicknamed Froables or something like that). Like, who gives away Shauna's Pokémon? Now I'm just one Chespin away from the whole set >:3

Bartholomew

Snug Rungs
    Years
  • I was lucky with Wonder Trade. A few really nice people sent me Pokemon that I happened not to already have that were leveled up right up to the point before they evolved, so it was useful in filling out my Pokedex. I usually send some medium level Pokemon (50-60) when I'm feeling generous. When I'm hunting for a certain Pokemon and something else comes up, I'll just throw a ball and put it in the Wonder Trade, why not? It could make someone's game better.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I got a, breeding discard, Larvesta last night :)

Just need to breed it until I get a useful one, but I was very interested in transferring my Volcarona from B/W. Now I don't have to!

I did not as I find the whole thing extremely unnecessary, anyone who wants a Zubat has the means to get a Zubat.
    My question is When are we going to do this with Scatterbug?
    I was thinking the other day that there should be a Scatterbug Saturday or something. Everyone across the world does the Wonder Trade with Scatterbug. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    The best things I've gotten from wonder trade were two Japanese 4iv Pokemon, one Noibat, the other Gible. It'll make training those two easier. And Masuda at the same time, so bonus.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2014
    Surprisingly I didn't get as many Zubats as I thought.

Wonder Trade is a gamble, sometimes you'll get something good and others you'll get breeding leftovers.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2014
    Hey guys, I'm just new here on the Forum and would like to add my experiences with Wonder Trade ^-^

Although I just started yesterday with this awesome feature, I've already received some nice Pokemon over a time span of approximately 3 hours (sorry can't remember ALL of the Pokemon I received but I will do my best):

Flabebe (alot), Weedle, Scatterbug, Caterpie, Pikachu, Pancham, Panpour, Pansage (alot of those monkeys), Eevee, Dragonair, Shelgon, Goomy, Gible (alot), Tranquill, Fletchling, Starly, Minccino, Growlithe, Charmander, Haunter (which evolved in Gengar), Graveler (which evolved into Golem), Golem, Zorua and a LV. 48 Zoroark!

That last one was my best so far I was very happy! :) I will continue when I am at home and run out of things to do (or just taking a break from my regular gameplay).
    I still think this is an awesome feature though, I'm definitely keeping my Zoroark and Dragonair (for breeding later on, so many people will receive either a Zorua or Dratini).

So that's who got my Zoroark. I traded all of my good ones when I was restarting my game. Someone gave me a Bidoof lv. 3 and got a Metagross lv. 72. A Fletchling lv. 2 for my Yvetal lv. 69. A Caterpie lv. 2 for my Gengar and Malamar lv. 81 and 79. (I got 2 Caterpies). My brother got and Aerodactyl for a Bidoof. God I feel so bad for that guy.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2015
    Once again I'm doing 5 Wonder Trades and hoping for something nice in return. I've sent out my fair share of decent trades.

Lickitung Lv58 > Minccino Lv1
    Zigzagoon Lv3 > Charmander Lv8
    Frogadier Lv30 > Staravia Lv
    Swadloon Lv30 > Charmader Lv1
    Flabebe Lv8 > Pikachu

Minccino was one I didn't have yet, so I'm happy with that. I have plenty of Charmanders but more starters are always nice. Already have Staravia but again, not a bad one to receive. Pikachu I already have too but it could be worse.

Not a bad haul, most pleased with Minccino.

bleri1200

Bleri
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2016
    I do a lot of breeding a just trade off my pokemon that don't have perfect iv's. They usually have about 3-5 ivs but they're only level one. I've traded off Goomys, Torchics, Togepis and Scythers. Would you be happy if you got one of these pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2018
    I was pretty stoked when I got sent an eevee with wish bred onto it, saved me some effort.

Has anyone received a Snorlax named 'YOURMOM' while holding a burn heal yet?

Sonatron

Face of Rubber
    Years
  • Has anyone received a Snorlax named 'YOURMOM' while holding a burn heal yet?

I saw that on Pokémemes XD

As for me, I've been ashamedly sending out dozens of Charmanders (Masuda method failures). Mostly just got Eevees and other random Pokémon, nothing special really but still fun to see what you'll get, right?

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2013
    i just got a modest houndour with both maxed speed and defense from a wonder trade...thats pretty good

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back