• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Wonders of Wonder Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • heehee, i've been giving out eevees with water, fire and thunderstones all day. ♥
    i got a totodile and nearly flipped out - i'm glad someone also mentioned the pokebank thing
    i can't wait til we get it too!

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Pokebank Pokemon are easy to get guys. I have all starters, all generations, plus I have Porygon, Feebas and Cottonee. I haven't traded a single Legendary or Shiny. The best Pokemon I've traded were 4IV Pokemon.

I'm sending out over Wonder Trade. Good luck and Merry Christmas.

Years
  • I've been trading Kanto and Kalos starters (most with their Hidden Abilities because why not) all day, and now I'm working on Egg Move Charmanders and Tyrunts. I think I have a bunch of Eevees laying around, too, so I'll probably be tossing those in later.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Just got a Klefki on wonder trade called Deine Mutter. Its German...and I seriously don't get the joke >> Gunna check its IVs, breed it if good then release the abomination.

Deine Mutter is German for "your mother/mom". Someone was trying to make a your mom joke, and failed.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    As much as it's frustrating to get derp from wonder trades, you shouldn't really expect anything from it.
    I don't expect anything. I just know it's a waste of time wonder trading (save, pick pokemon, connect, sit through animation, check what you got, get rid of it) when it's a pokemon that no one would ever want. So I'm going to do my part to keep those Pokemon out of circulation and save everyone a little time.

It's like picking up garbage on the street and throwing it away. Sure, there's a crap ton of litterers, and maybe it'll never be clean, but that doesn't mean I should accept living in a filthy city.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    i only do one box of bread pokemon, if i have more i release them, so i don't clutter up stuff, and i've accdentently given away an everstone so someone got something nice at least....

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Well while I agree with the sentiment about not clogging Wonder Trade up with Zigzagoons and scatterbugs, on the other hand you don't HAVE to only wonder trade multiple IV pokemon or hard to get ones, I wonder traded and eventually got breeding pairs of all the starters and I was plenty happy with that! Not everyone necessarily cares right off the bat about IVs and egg moves, some of us were thrilled to be able to get Fennekin and Chespin to complement our Froakie before we ever stepped foot in Santalune forest! sometimes it's okay to wonder trade your "bad" pokemon because sometimes all people want is the pokemon itself.

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2013
    I never trade bad pokemon, knowing that doing that would make me feel super guilty if the other side gives me something good in return, So i always make it so that i give pokemon who i think are ok enough. ahaha for instance the toocutetobetrue deinos <3

iTeruri

iAm
    Years
  • This is what I've been doing since I started breeding. The amount of good IV Pokémon you get is pretty high. Wonder Trade essentially turns your rejects into PokéMiles and sometimes future breeding projects. If you're going to release a bunch of Pokémon, I think it's better to Wonder Trade them first and just release the crap you get.

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
    Years
  • lol.... Well... I've wonder traded out about 60 decently bred and pokerus's pokemon... only ones I got back worth mentioning are magikarps, zigzagoons, and caterpies... hahahaha.... yes those are worth mentioning. xD

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If I end up getting something that I don't like, I would usually just release it. Putting it back into Wonder Trade makes me feel a bit guilty, for some reason. d: By the way zidiane, we already have a thread on Wonder Trade; I'm merging your topic with it. Before creating a new thread next time, take a few seconds to search around and make sure that you're not posting any duplicates.

Merged.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • Trading off 3-5 IV mostly Jolly Scythers a few trades in and I got a Cottonee from Japan, super happy about that. I've also scored 3 Beldum today which is nice seeing how I don't have a Metang safari.

Edit: Just got a Cyndaquil. *hugs wonder trader*

Last edited:

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
    Years
  • Trading off 3-5 IV mostly Jolly Scythers a few trades in and I got a Cottonee from Japan, super happy about that. I've also scored 3 Beldum today which is nice seeing how I don't have a Metang safari.

Edit: Just got a Cyndaquil. *hugs wonder trader*

O.O I wasn't aware that 2nd gen starters are out now... dang... this happens when i'm a week off.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • Nope Feebas is new now. I wonder how many trolls lost Shinies when Pokebank hit in Japan.

Just got a Snivy and a Tynamo, none of these are Japanese either...people breed fast.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back