• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The World of Wrestling

Years

The World of Wrestling

I know wrestling is like marmite, you love it or you hate it, but I don't care for the latter.

In this thread you can talk about any of the wrestling companies, promos, superstars past and present. Could be WWE/F, RoH, ECW and so on.

If you are a fan of WWE, then no doubt the big story for you is the CM Punk storyline in which he bad mouthed the owners and famous superstars past and present in what seemed like a non-scripted speech.

If you missed it, video is in the spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I kind of actually agree with some of the stuff CM Punk was saying. Although why hate on the people who actually made the WWE good. Today for me it is mediocre at best I rarely watch RAW or Smackdown. They just doesn't seem to be the super stars there any more I mean when do we ever see Taker or Triple H any more? The only people I remember watching as a kid/teenager that are still around are Cena, Orton, Show, Kane, Rey, Christian, Mark Henry, Khali. Hell I'd rather see Booker back then most of the wrestlers today I mean really King Booker>Others. We got people like Alberto Del Rio that tbh are just recycle characters so to speak, he just reminds me of a Mexican JBL imo. I mean who are going to be the next super stars? The only new person I really care for is Sin Cara he just seems like Rey when he was young, so I am entertained and glad to watch his matches. I kind of like Ezekiel Jackson cause he kind of reminds me of Bobby Lashley. Then we have stories like Vicki Guerrero being a shank that just doesn't appeal to me, especially after Eddie death. If they get some interesting characters in and some great groups like DX and Evolution( and no Nexus is no where near Evolution) then I will be satisfied but until then meh. Also I am sick of the Anonymous Raw General Manager, have Stone Cold be the GM as far as I am concerned I love the guy he made the show entertaining while he was guest GM.

Years
    Well, I think he was commenting on how he has worked for 6 years and has been cast aside so easily.

CM Punk is one of my all time favourites, his mic work is easily the best in the business currently, his wrestling is spot on, whether he is setting himself up for the win or setting someone else up and he is just a great guy.

I agree with how he feels about Dwayne (The Rock). I was stoked that he was back, but when he walked in and said he was in the main event with Cena, I raged because that kicks off so many others. The Undertaker will, no doubt, retire at the next Wrestlemania in his 20-0/19-1 match, then CM Punk would have been pushed to a small match like everyone else.

This promo/set/real life rage is the only thing that has got me excited to see what happens next. I haven't been looking forward to next weeks RAW in a long, long time and I haven't done this much research into a story. CM Punk has got people talking about this and it is the first time something like this has happened in a long time.​

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    CM Punk just their gave one of the best speeches I have ever seen. It looked completely genuine. I agree with a lot of the points he makes. All the old wrestlers come back get straight into main events then leave again while all the others that stay get nothing. never get a spot light.

I personally stopped watching years ago after every match became the same and the entertainment was lost be me.

I miss the days of Dudleys, hardeys, Edge and cristian and all their crazy matches. they were my favourite times watching wrestling and since they left even tho jeff hardy (my fav ever) did come back briefly and I started watching again nothing ever really happened with him and i got bored again.

Wrestling to me has been going downhill for ages.

Years
    I just miss the attitude era; by far the best era in WWF.

Also, Punk's speech has gotten many old superstars behind his back; Stone Cold, Jim Ross, HBK and more all said that his speech was epic on their twitter accounts.​

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    I agree with CM Punk, to a certain degree. That's all I have to say, since I wasn't up-to-date with this issue.

I'm loving the ongoing feud between Randy Orton and Cristian. Cristian wins the WWE Heavyweight Championship, and after a handful of days (5 was it?), Randy snatches that belt from Cristian. After that, there have been a number of rematches between the duo in which Orton mostly won. However, a tag-team set-up with Orton and Kane on one side and Mark Henry and Cristian on another, after Cristian lost to Kane but the match was ruled as a 'cheat'. It ended with the latter two winning after some serious and heavy body sacrifice from Cristian, taking a direct RKO from Orton, and then Mark Henry finishing off Randy Orton. This match gave yet ANOTHER opportunity for Cristian to face Randy Orton in a title match decider, in which Cristian can reclaim his belt. It should be an interesting matchup.

Other feuds I was interested in were Cena's and R-Truth's, and Alberto Del Rio's and The Big Show's. All was settled in the not-so long ago Capitol Punishment event. Anybody watched that?

Years
    I agree with CM Punk, to a certain degree. That's all I have to say, since I wasn't up-to-date with this issue.

I'm loving the ongoing feud between Randy Orton and Cristian. Cristian wins the WWE Heavyweight Championship, and after a handful of days (5 was it?), Randy snatches that belt from Cristian. After that, there have been a number of rematches between the duo in which Orton mostly won. However, a tag-team set-up with Orton and Kane on one side and Mark Henry and Cristian on another, after Cristian lost to Kane but the match was ruled as a 'cheat'. It ended with the latter two winning after some serious and heavy body sacrifice from Cristian, taking a direct RKO from Orton, and then Mark Henry finishing off Randy Orton. This match gave yet ANOTHER opportunity for Cristian to face Randy Orton in a title match decider, in which Cristian can reclaim his belt. It should be an interesting matchup.

Other feuds I was interested in were Cena's and R-Truth's, and Alberto Del Rio's and The Big Show's. All was settled in the not-so long ago Capitol Punishment event. Anybody watched that?

Personally, I really don't like Orton and I have been bored of him since 2009. I just find his character bland and way too bigged up by the WWE. Another thing, I hate how the RKO seems to be the best move in the WWE and no on can kick out of it ever. It just annoys me how there can be an amazing match where he is getting beaten, does one move and wins. Just really boring to watch and a let down.

Also, Capital Punishment was, I think, the worst PPV I have seen in a long, long time.

On the subject of heel turns, Cristian and R-Truth are rather interesting now, be interesting to watch them.​

Alinthea

I have nothing to say
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2015
    Sorry for the near month bump, Mr Cat Dog.

If you haven't watched WWE, then you should. Big story of the moment is Vince McMahon has been fired from WWE.
    That is correct, the board of directors asked Paul Levesque, better known as Hunter Hearst Helmsley (HHH) to relieve McMahon of his duties. In a twist, HHH is now the acting owner of WWE and will take over the day to day duties.

I didn't see that one coming.

Last edited:

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
    Sorry for the near month bump, MrCatDog.

If you haven't watched WWE, then you should. Big story of the moment is Vince McMahon has been fired from WWE.
    That is correct, the board of directors asked Paul Levesque, better known as Hunter Hearst Helmsley (HHH) to relieve McMahon of his duties. In a twist, HHH is now the acting owner of WWE and will take over the day to day duties.

I didn't see that one coming.
    I recently heard about that (and as interesting of a twist it is, I do have to admit that I saw this coming one day). This may be interesting enough to get me back into watching WWE. I've actually been following TNA more than I have WWE. In fact, I don't think I've actually seen an episode of anything WWE-related since like '09 or '10. It just got ridiculously boring.
    In fact, everything that Kenshin5 mentioned in his post is basically why.
    Oh, those facts and the fact that I thought Nexus was terrible. But yeah, to get back onto this topic, I actually really want to see what HHH does. It's been anticipated by a lot of people, including myself.

Alinthea

I have nothing to say
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2015
    I agree, RAW only started to get very interesting when CM Punk did his shoot about a month ago. I have never seen WWE get so much publicity because of what he did. It has brought WWE alive again and I think the firing of Vince will end the PG era and start a new one with HHH calling the shots; it can only be interesting from now.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I love to see how Hunter runs things. CM Punk already mentioned that Hunter and Stephine would probably take over in the future and CM have have actually been foreshadowing what we already knew but has come to pass sooner then I would have thought. I how they instate a "actual" GM on Raw instead of some Anonymous GM that doesn't exist. I liked Raw the two weeks that Stone Cold was GM. I didn't watch the episode where Shawn was GM but since he is friends with Hunter I don't see why not. More then anything I want to see some new wrestlers with unique personalities and don't look the the run of the mill noobs they have had from NXT. I mean we have The Miz he is funny and all outside of WWE like when he was on Conan. But he is probably one of the more boring champs I have seen in a long time. Maybe Y2J will return again, or I heard Kevin Nash was back but I haven't seen him.

Alinthea

I have nothing to say
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2015
    I say Chris Jerico will return at next years Royal Rumble, along with CM Punk.
    I think CM Punk has already signed the WWE contract, but I think he said, somewhere along the line, he wants to grow his hair and if you have grown your hair, it looks horrible in the mid stage, so he would look rubbish on camera.
    That is just my guess anyway.

I am very excited to see RAW next week.

Enigma

Years
    Just the thought of Hunter and Steph running things reminds me of the McMahon-Helmsley era. ;_; (Tears of joy, btw) If they did things in anyway like they did back then, I swear it'll just be awesome. I agree with wanting to see new, unique, interesting wrestlers and gimmicks. Seriously, while the WWE version of ECW was pretty terrible during it's last year or so, it was still much much better than NXT. (Actually, I think I stopped watching right as NXT began to air or whatever. Somewhere around that time, because I remember thinking that it would fail)
    Last time I heard/saw anything about Kevin Nash being back was at the Royal Rumble with Booker, but IDK. Like I said, I lost the urge to keep up. :/

Caranciio

Doof?
    Years
    Raw is going to be amazing next week, and I expect HHH to be on SmackDown as well. Triple H is my favorite wrestler, I knew he would take over WWE at some point but I didn't expect it to be so soon. He's definitely going to shake things up and make them less PG.

For Raw next week, my predictions are that HHH will be making a speech saying some things that will be changing seeing as Vince has stepped down from power. I also expect and hope that Miz will win the WWE Championship (if that even happens; I have a feeling HHH will have something to say about that too ), but if Rey wins I definitely won't be disappointed.

Enigma

Years
    Update on the HHH taking over: Click
    So it seems like this isn't just storyline. the sad part here is I have no idea what number wrestlemania we just had anymore

Alinthea

I have nothing to say
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2015
    Wrestlemania 28 is the next event. So he will be in charge but there won't be any storylines involving him, that seems about right. It is going to be interesting to see what they do with Vince and HHH with the storyline...

Enigma

Years
    Wrestlemania 28 is the next event. So he will be in charge but there won't be any storylines involving him, that seems about right. It is going to be interesting to see what they do with Vince and HHH with the storyline...
    :D I wonder how this will turn out if Vince isn't going to show up in any storylines? Plans can always change, but I don't think they will this time. I'm seriously hoping this turns into something like the McMahon-Helmsley era, but with only HHH and Steph. On a side note, I wish Shane O' Mac was still around to be a part of this.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Well if you think about it when is the last time we actively saw Vince involved in a story? I wouldn't rule him out being involved here or there, but we will probably never see any fueds to the extent he had with people like Taker and DX. Shane shows up during WrestleMania Week if I remember right. I'm sure we will see him from time to time. With Vince essentially retiring I really hope he gets inducted into the Hall of Fame already. Both him and Linda. I assume they will have Cena with the title by 28 so he can face Rock in an anticipated match up. Maybe even he gets inducted since it's in Miami where he is from.

Enigma

Years
    I thought Shane left the company though in 2010? I was assuming that meant he wouldn't show up, at least not for a very long time.

Oh, and as for The Game showing up on SmackDown: (SPOILERS. Don't click if you want to wait to see for yourself.)
    Spoiler:

Back