• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The world's first 5.5 TERAPIXEL camera!

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    The world's first 5.5 TERAPIXEL camera!

How amazing is the progression of technology? Digital cameras have developed so quickly there isn't even any storage media to hold one picture. Or is there?

Discuss.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure this isn't real, mainly because we haven't even had a Gigaixel camera. (besides the fact that the camera in the pictures looks like a toy.) Considering 7.0 MegaPixels has the res to print out a postersize picture without distortion or pixelation. nice try though.

j_

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2008
    I'm pretty sure this isn't real, mainly because we haven't even had a Gigaixel camera. (besides the fact that the camera in the pictures looks like a toy.) Considering 7.0 MegaPixels has the res to print out a postersize picture without distortion or pixelation. nice try though.

Engrish is always a laugh :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I'm pretty sure this isn't real, mainly because we haven't even had a Gigaixel camera. (besides the fact that the camera in the pictures looks like a toy.) Considering 7.0 MegaPixels has the res to print out a postersize picture without distortion or pixelation. nice try though.
    Ditto.

Makes me wonder why, of all members, a moderator would advocate this...

Still, if it is real, it's redundant beyond the point of being ridiculously redundant. Nope, it's fake, doesn't even have a real lens.

Last edited:

j_

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2008
    Ditto.

Makes me wonder why, of all members, a moderator would advocate this...

Still, if it is real, it's redundant beyond the point of being ridiculously redundant. Nope, it's fake, doesn't even have a real lens.

Whoosh.

Someone needs to get their sarcasm detector fixed! :P

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • FIRST OFF: That camera is adorable. I'd buy it just cause it has a penguin on the front.

SECOND: I doubt the "first 5.5 terapixel camera" would be blue with a penguin on it. 'nuff said ^^;

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Whoosh.

Someone needs to get their sarcasm detector fixed! :P
    No really, this is just spam to me and I would have it locked/deleted. Good picture, bad place to show it. Harr I'm a grumpy old git to ya'll, yes I know.

By the way Amachi, where you put "or is there", there are drives at 700TB and up (they're big, like CRT TVs), so yes.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Your powers of deduction are quite amazing!
    No really, this is just spam to me and I would have it locked/deleted. Good picture, bad place to show it. Harr I'm a grumpy old git to ya'll, yes I know.

By the way Amachi, where you put "or is there", there are drives at 700TB and up (they're big, like CRT TVs), so yes.
    You are a grumpy old git, stop it! :P It's relative to the section and I thought I'd show it to you all.

And I thought there would be something out there big enough, but nothing for the average home consumer, correct? At least nothing feasible. Furthermore, where would the actual camera store the photo taken?

And thanks Zana, you rock XD

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    And I thought there would be something out there big enough, but nothing for the average home consumer, correct? At least nothing feasible. Furthermore, where would the actual camera store the photo taken?
    Seemingly not without over $10,000 to spend. The camera would, with today's technology, probably have to be USB connected to one of these drives. xD

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2008
    wow that is a really small camera if you have to take a snapshot that close up!!!

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Ok so I had a video for it but ray liked it to much :)

Also I know I rock Amachi but you rock more.

Last edited:
    Back