• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The worst Pokemon moves of ALL TIME!!!

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    Double team. Never liked it, never will.

I have recently developed a hate for Thunder wave as well. I don't like paralysis, nearly everything has this shit of a move in a hack I'm playing, and when it's on my mon's movesets it's technically outclassed by every other move in said mon's moveset. Uragh.

1.ROCK SMASH I have a supreme hatred for rock smash. It's such a weak move, you actually need it to get past obstacles, and it's an hm in most games. now what sets apart rock smash as a move of supreme hatred compared to flash, defog, cut, and whirlpool (the other terrible hms/tms sent from the pits of hell) is that you always tend to need it towards the end of the game (victory road) and the problem with that is it's a pain in the ass to have to save a spot for the terribly weak move rock smash in your party when you're going up against some of the strongest trainers in the game

2. Any move with below 85 accuracy: goodbye, farewell, bon voyage, i will never use you

3. Moves with recoil: it's hard for me to reason using any move with recoil (and yes i know the reasons so don't explain them to me)

4. focus punch: no thank you

I honestly completely agree with everything you said. Especially 2-4. And yeah, the Rock smaxh situation gave me problems in my Plat run. I had to waste a perfectly good heart scale just to get back the fighting move it replaced once I was done with the VR.

Years
    Weak moves such as Cut, Water Gun and Absorb are moves I would never teach my Pokemon, except if I'm in the beginning of the game where they are quite useful. Helping Hand and Synchronoise and moves of the kind require a specific situation, so those moves are a waste to learn really. :/

Synchronoise is like one of the stupidest moves I've ever heard of, and while it was boosted to a more desirable 120 base power in 6th Gen, the only Pokemon able to learn the move are mostly Psychic, Normal and Flying-types. Heck, even Umbreon was able to learn it but can't make use of it because it factors in immunities as well, and given the move is Psychic-type, it can't hit Dark-types.

Sirfetch’d

I'd have to go with Quash or Celebrate. Mud Sport is pretty useless in it's own right, as well as the other "sport" moves. A lot of moves are really bad but these are some of the absolute worst imo.

Years
    Flash is an accuracy-altering move. It's plenty useful.

As much as it's amusing to have Pokémon unable to move because they're 'in love,' which no doubt explains Ash Ketchum's evasion of it after such a traumatic experience of it - they jest at scars who never felt a wound -, 'Attract' is a fairly half-hearted move which really comes out of nowhere a bit as a status condition, and given that it's assumed that Pokémon aren't characterless enough to go after literally anything, it doesn't really mean much either. Of course, it has no out-of-battle effect. 'Use Water Gun on them!' - 'But they look pretty!' is a totally depressing sequence of events, honestly.

Other than that, moves like Helping Hand, After You, etc., are rather trashy. Celebrate is at least slightly more of a decent, expressive sort of thing, which could be used in certain circumstances, and the series could do with more moves along similar lines in a way. The constriction moves, such as Wrap and Constrict, had considerably less use since Gen. II, which could be aptly called 'G/S/C: No Country for Anacondas.'

Years
    Quash. It shouldn't have had TM status in Gen 5, and it definitely shouldn't have had TM status in Gen 6. It's a useless move and the fact that no Pokemon from Gen 5 could learn it is just sad, really. Not to mention the fact that it took TM status away from a very useful move in Drain Punch.

Years
    I'd have to go with Quash or Celebrate. Mud Sport is pretty useless in it's own right, as well as the other "sport" moves. A lot of moves are really bad but these are some of the absolute worst imo.

Quash. It shouldn't have had TM status in Gen 5, and it definitely shouldn't have had TM status in Gen 6. It's a useless move and the fact that no Pokemon from Gen 5 could learn it is just sad, really. Not to mention the fact that it took TM status away from a very useful move in Drain Punch.

I actually found a use for Quash in the contests in OR/AS, as part of my Sableye's moveset for Clever contests. I have Shadow Ball for a basic move, Calm Mind for pumping up to increase the points I earn from moves, and Quash so I can get a leap ahead of the opponent (the move makes you go first on the next turn in contests) and get the crowd going before they get a chance to.

Just because a move is bad in battle doesn't mean it's bad in contests, but I do have to agree that replacing Drain Punch's slot in the TM list was a bit of a dick move, especially with the buffs that move got in the two generations Quash has existed so far. The fact that Quash is a 5th Gen move yet nothing from that generation can learn it is just weird.

I also agree on Mud Sport being useless, since I recall the only thing that learns it other than Ground-types is... Linoone I guess? That's how much I barely see the move.

Back