• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reflux

Reflux
    Years
    I was scrolling through the posts on PC and I realized I skipped the 5th and 6th? (idk) gym and beat some other one with lvl 25 pokes >_>, i thought the game was getting unfair for a second

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    @star girl: ice only resists ice. Plus swinub is part ground so that's where the water weakness comes in. =]

Now this was funny, I go to cinnabar to fight Blaine and thr city got destroyed by a volcano. Confused, I take off to the east while surfing and enter the Seafoam Islands. I see an unusual ladder, I climb it, and I found Blaine's new gym!

Hahaha : D

zerwey

:3
    Years
    my biggest wtf that i can immediately think of was probably when i battled suicune. using false swipe i bropught it down to 1 hp, then with 52 ultra balls failed to catch it. i reset, false swiped.... and caught it on the first ball 0_0

Lol. Wtf. That's just unbelievably wtf'able. LOL.

So far in HG, I've WTF'ed at every phone call and quite a few trainers. 0.o Oh yeah, and when Morty suicides his Pokemon with Curse.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Well, there is a Juggler in the game which you have to battle right after Whitney . He owns a Lv. 2 Voltorb x_x .

What does beating a Pokemon Team of Archer counts to Team Rocket getting re-disbanded ? I have no idea, who cares those Pokemon fainted ? Just keep your plan up, dang piece of Executive .

Lyra says Marill evolved but it didn't ... >_< Why's you lie to me ? I'm a lot better at battling anyways .

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2010
    I'm super retarded. I was in a 2 on 2 battle, my partner being an NPC. I was using Torterra, and she was using Arcanine. We were battling ghost type pokemon. I was getting tired of Arcanine doing nothing in battle, and being unable to attack the foes due to the fog. So I decided to use earthquake thinking it'll kill my foes and be done with it.

Well, to my realization, earthquake also effects your ally. Arcanine died... earthquake does not affect my two foes.

FUUUUUUU-

Also, I caught a Slowpoke with the intent to trade it to evolve it into a Slowking, when I found out my newly migrated Groudon was holding the King's Rock. When my Slowpoke evolved into Slowking, we discovered it was a female. I have a gender confused Slow"Queen."

chezhead

Thirty characters is not enoug
    Years
    I beat the fighting gym, and realized that I should have beaten the steel one first.
    I beat the fighting gym with a normal-flying type.
    NORMAL.

Wut

oh, and I couldn't find that door leading to the top of the lighthouse for DAYS.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Nope, you should beat the fighting gym first because you get the Fly HM immediately after you leave the gym so you can fly back to Olivine and deliver the medicine.

A stupid WTF moment would be when the crappy cops stop you from going to Mt. Silver....how does he know I'm not ready? I'm Johto's ELITEST! <----is that a word?

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    My level 44 Espeon OHKOing a level 56 Victreebell. I know Psychic is supereffective and all, but geez, 12 level lower and still OHKOed it. xD

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Some NPC trainer, I'm pretty sure it was a bird catcher started talking gibberish which made me laugh like mad, he's somewhere in Kanto, I don't know where though :/

Route 12, I thought my game glitched. It wasn't like that in the normal games...

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Well, I was fighting Red and he sent out Charizard so I went ahead and Switched out to Tyranitar. I ordered a rock slide but I got flare blitz'd (which Tyranitar was able to take) and he got burned in the process. Well, let's just say Charizard lived to fight another day.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    I had the hardest time beating Whitney. The only fighting move I had was Onix's Rock Smash, which isn't all that great at all. Her Miltank absolutely crushed my other Pokemon, leaving me no choice but to use Onix... Who, of course, fell madly in love with it. Fighting Miltank was long and grueling... I didn't have anything to restore PP, so eventually I had to switch to other moves. Of course, these other moves only hit half the time because Onix was "immobilized by love". It didn't help that Miltank used Milk Drink every couple of turns to restore her HP. Finally, after all of this, I finally win...

And Whitney bursts into tears, refusing to give me a badge. WTF.

VDRS

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    My latest WTF moment, i was in a battle with a random trainer he sent out Nidoking i had Pikachu first in my party. I expected the Nidoking to use thrash so i switched to Froslass. Nidoking did use thrash which obviously doesn't affect ghost types being a normal type move. The trainer only had 1 pokemon so he should of been locked into using thrash followed by being confused. Yet he used superpower straight after using thrash. I still pwned him though :D

But does anyone know how something like this can happen? I've had a few peculiar things happen in HG which i have never encountered before in any other PKM games.

Forbidden1

csgo
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2020
    finding out that your Rival says "WHY SO SRS" in the goldenrod underground place.
    >_> really?

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    My latest WTF moment, i was in a battle with a random trainer he sent out Nidoking i had Pikachu first in my party. I expected the Nidoking to use thrash so i switched to Froslass. Nidoking did use thrash which obviously doesn't affect ghost types being a normal type move. The trainer only had 1 pokemon so he should of been locked into using thrash followed by being confused. Yet he used superpower straight after using thrash. I still pwned him though :D

But does anyone know how something like this can happen? I've had a few peculiar things happen in HG which i have never encountered before in any other PKM games.

That's normal because he never landed it. It's like hyper beam. If you miss, you can still move the next turn and use it again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back