• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
    Years
    Morty was on his last Pokemon- a Haunter with less then half of its HP. Then- all of the sudden- it used curse. I guess he's just one of those sympathetic guys.

~Prof. W.

Eevee_girl

Ich weiss nicht.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 18, 2022
    I keep running into Entei and Raikou. :BWhen I was training, I ran into Entei like 3 times in one day. For some reason, Entei likes to harass me. I can't catch him yet, but he's in the orange, thanks to my Lapras.

Forbidden1

csgo
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2020
    when my totodile leveld to level 8.
    hp + 2
    def + 6 (OMGWTFBBQ)
    sp atk + 1
    sp def+ 1
    speed +1

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
    I was fighting against Koga's Swalot. It killed my Meganium with Sludge Bomb. Okay, fine. It's a poison move after all. But the problem was, all I had left was a level 1 Skarmory. So yeah, I sent it out. Fortunately, Koga had no Sludge Bombs left, it used all of it against Meganium. Unfortunately, it turned into a half hour stall because Swalot's only attack was Sludge Bomb. Pain Split, my Skarmory's fine, his Swalot drops down to something like 20 hp. Recovers thanks to uhh...leftovers I think. Pain Split, Yawn, Amnesia... half hour later, Struggle. YAY!!! Finally out of there!

The other time. Red's Pikachu uses Volt Tackle! It's a critical hit! It's not very effective. Meganium fainted. I'll be back for you and your little Pikachu....

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Sludge bomb would never have hit your skarmory anyways. Poison never affects a steel type. It's like electric to ground.

Another WTF moment would be missing surf four times after having your accuracy reduced ONCE by mud bomb. It's flippin' surf which is hard to miss in the first place =/

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    LOL @ this:

You m'a deja seen !
    J'ai made a huge erreur !
    Hey you!
    Forget tu m'as vu !
    You n'as rien seen !
    Rien heard !
    Rien known !
    Bye-bye !
    Bye-bye forever !

*runs to Cerulean Cape*

Oh no !
    Je m'etais pourtant bien hidden, mais je suis deja discovered !
    Je suis le only etranger de la Team Rocket...
    Mais !
    C'est not la question !
    J'ai pense all alone a stop the energy pour emebeter les people de la ville !
    Je ne peux pas vous tell les secrets de my evil plan !
    Mais !
    Si vous win contre moi, je vous tell everything !
    Vous understand ?

*defeats Grunt*

Vous etes tres chateau ! Tres strong !
    Very bien.
    Voila my secret.
    J'ai cache le part que j'ai stolen dans le Arene of Azura (Cerulean) !
    Check pres des bouees pour la trouver !
    Mais !
    Don't oublie !
    La Team Rocket reviendra pour prendre sa revanche sur you !
    Tous mes allies de Johto vont venir ici !
    What ?
    La Team Rocket est broke up ?
    C'est fini ? Tout disparu ?
    Oh ! Noes !
    Qu'est-ce que je vais faire now ?
    Okay, je vais rentrer chez moi, dans my country.
    Et la-bas, je make ma own Team Rocket !
    Good-bye ! So long !

lolololol That made me laugh hard :s wtf moment indeed.

Last edited:

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    He's gonna make his own team rocket back in the home country.

Silly grunt hahahaha

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Apparently Kanto is full of farmers lol :s only farmers talk with that much Frenglish. Even Surge (Bob, in French) talks English-French mix. It's nifty and understandable, being a different region, but come ON xD

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Where'd you run into this guy? This is a funny WTF moment.

YanmegaLv55

Raising the dead, one by one.
    Years
    Mine was when I went from Ecruteak City after I checked out the Burned Tower and Raikou and Entei roam Johto.
    I go back to route I came from to go see what you can catch.
    Very suddenly, a Pokemon appears, and this weird style of music comes on.
    I'm like:"that music is pretty weird compared to the normal music that comes on when you encounter a pokemon:WTF?!?!
    I look at the screen to see it's Entei!!
    I attack it with my highest level Pokemon, and it does like 5 damage.
    I did that cos I had 5 normal pokeballs.

And thats my WTF moment.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Where'd you run into this guy? This is a funny WTF moment.

He's the Grunt that stole that part from the Power Plant in Kanto, and hid it in the Cerulean Gym.

Also, I just defeated Sabrina with a Choice Scarf'd + Return Eevee combo :s Eevee's Level 56; I had to revive quite a bit, since it couldn't take a Psychic hit, but I murdered her team with it lol

Years
    I turned on my DS for about 5 minutes to kill time while my dad was in the shower. The first and only encounter I had was while I was surfing. I encountered a SHINY MAGIKARP!! There is an appx. 1/9000 of encountering a shiny pokemon, and I managed to waste my opportunity on MAGIKARP! I caught it in a premier ball, but then thought, "Wow, I can't even evolve this to Gyarados, because everybody that plays the game has a shiny Gyarados." So it sits in my Legendaries box as my crowning achievement.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    What level is your Magikarp? If it's a lower level than Shiny Gyarados (30), and has a decent Nature, it's more valuable :]

IllusioNzz

Hardstyle is my Style
    Years
    When I OHKO'd Red Gyrados with Thunder Punch, i knew it was super effective but expected it to leave him on low red health, but it was a critical hit, and I didn't save before the battle. WHAT THE ****?!

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
    Years
    So far my biggest WTF moment was when I was just wandering around outside of Mahogany Town training my Dragonair and poof here comes Entei. All I was doing training and I was able to find him. I swear when I go looking for any roaming Pokemon I can't find them but when I'm not looking for them on purpose I can. The Raikou encounter was by pure coincidence I had my map up marking the Apricorn locations when I do a double take on realizing he was in the area. Put a repel on and several steps later I get my encounter.

Tanaie

•♥~Yaoi~♥•
    Years
    I go down to the Slowpoke Well thinking it would be hilarious if the Cameron Photographer was there, since he seemed to be stalking me everywhere I went.

Guess who showed up.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    A funny WTF moment for me was when I finally reached the end of victory road and silver shows up to battle my halfdead pokemon. I somehow won :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back