• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Original Darkwiz787

Stuck with text below my name.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    Catching Lugia for sure!

It was my 4th(5th?) restart and I was looking for patterns in # of shakes based on multiple variables, hoping to exploit something to get a perfect catch, And this said battle I had extremely bad catches. At a sliver of health and a dusk ball there wasnt even one shake. On my last throw (at which point I decided would be my last and then a restart) I got it. T'was awesome.

Also, when I fought my rival's Feraligator and I had 30 IV's in speed and most of my EV's in speed, it could have easily have killed me in 1 move, but no, it had to use Scary Face for 4 turns in a row. Aren't trainers supposed to be smart? : \

Suzune

Gary Was Here, Ash Is A Loser!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2010
    >Chasing Raikou all over Johto
    >He wont get in the pokeball after an hour.
    >Wild Entei
    >Throw Quickball, with full health.
    >Entei was captured!

I like Raikou more than Entei.

The Doctor

What!?
    Years
    Only I could get this once in a million WTF MOMENT.

I started a new game on SS on my Emulator. Got Ma Cyndaquil.
    On way up to MP's house i found a shiny Sentret. No pokeballs :( AHHRHRHRH.
    On way back from MP's House i found a shiny Hoothoot.
    Me At This Point : * Turns Off Game And Throws Imaginary DS At Wall *

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    How to WTF
    1. Place Vulpix at the front of your team at Mt. Silver.
    2. Encounter wild Tangela.
    3. Quick mental calculation: Type advantage + STAB + having 20 levels on the opponant = imminant victory.
    4. Use Flamethrower.
    5. Scream in fury and confusion as Tangela retains 1HP.
    6. Scream in fury and confusion as Tangela uses Mega Drain.
    7. Vulpix was traded. It has lower stats. Vulpix dies. As do all your hopes and dreams.

Kiger Mustang

NOW UNDER USERNAME " SWEED "
    Years
    Not a bad WTF moment, but just a WTF moment.

Walkin' through Ilex Forest, on my monotype Ground challenge, and I stumble across a shiny Weedle. Kinda weird.

Kavii

forever my furret
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    Got off of Route 45 and landed myself back on Route 29 and amidst the level 2 and level 3 Hoothoots and Sentrets is Entei.

Considering I've only encountered him around Ecruteak and Goldenrod and the surrounding areas, I was a bit surprised.

Even more surprising, though, was running into Entei when Surfing.

Kavii: FIRE?! In the WATER?! WTF?!

Years
    Here's mine:

Here I was in a Double Battle, and I got confused when it was time to attack because I saw all of the names connected except for the Pokémon I was using. So I avoided the move, and used Surf, and it killed my Farfetch'd.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    Lol. This just happened about a minute ago:

*rides happily along Route 26 listening to GB player* Oooh, the battle music changes t-What the?! Latios??

Wasn't expecting to bump into it at all. *throws Quick Ball but it fails* Darn. I hate how when you're not looking for wandering legends, they appear and mock you, and then when you are looking for them, they're a pain in the butt to track down, let alone catch.

~GodricGryffindor9~

WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!
    Years
    A recent WTF.

Whitneys miltank is at 30% health and has been paralyzed for several turns. K.Od my two last ( At full health ) pokemon. Plus metronome from Clefairy used areo blast twice ( not in the same battle of course ). On top of that I went wtf when whitney wouldnt stop crying to get me the badge.

WTF ( Might even want to add an H to that )

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
    I have been searching for Entei for over 2 hours, managing to get it down to 1 HP, every time I see it, I prevent it from escaping with Mean Look, then I rapidly throw Dusk Balls or Ultra Balls at it, depending the time of day. Not once has it even managed to wiggle 3 times.

HOW DARE YOU, ENTEI!

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    My pikachu had a not very effective on a tentacruel and i yelled WTF really loud!

Toxic Potato

Always Sleepy
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2020
    Three of them. *Good*: Fighting a friend with one Pokemon left each; Me, a Tyranitar, him, a Lugia. I have 36 HP, he has ~100. He uses Aeroblast, leaves me with 1 HP, I get off a Stone Edge, leave him at ~5 HP, and the Sandstorm finished him off.

*Sad*: I clocked over 500+ hours total on my Japanese and English HeartGold games.

*Truly, WTF?!* Scizor OH'KO'd by friends a Level 100 Magikarp with Flail. -_-'

ichuesther

The girl with the Charizard.
    Years
    *This was my first actual double battle*
    Had my gyarados and typhlosion out, and of course, this was my first double battle and in the previous games, the wide-ranged moves didnt affect your other pokemon. Gyarados used surf and knocked my typhlosion out -_-

Another WTF moment;
    was battling and my typhlosion got confused. it had only about 50 HP left and the foe was like 10 or 15 levels lower than typhlosion. So I thought, hey, my foe has only that much HP left, Typhlosion's confused but he has like what? 25%? 50%? chance of hitting, but NOOO, it freaking knocked itself out T-T

Sounds

Attrapez les tous!
    Years
    I was battling Lance, My Feraligatr against his Gyarados, I used Avalanche by mistake, yet he switched to his lv 50 Dragonite.
    It was good for me, but... wtf... lol

Years
    Oh yeah, last night against Whitney's Miltank:

Dratini leads, obtained in the Game Corner.
    Stomp, flinched.
    Stomp, Dratini KO'd.

Go Vulpix!
    Stomp, flinched.
    Stomp, flinched.
    Stomp, KO'd (was Critical too, though useless).

Go Kirlia!
    Stomp, flinched
    Stomp, KO'd. Blacked out.

Like... seriously? I breezed through Clefairy and the cow just kills me without a chance of retaliation?! ARRRGH! >__<

Second round the flinches weren't as bad, and I could actually throw a Will-O-Wisp at it to stop the flinching parade from destroying my trio once more...

Last edited:

Lancelot-sama!

i call it bipolar game fandom.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2018
    One time I was doing an open level challenge at the Battle factory & my first opponent was a Lucario so I simply traded my Leafeon for a Blaziken. As I saw Lucario's HP go down (until it fainted by one lucky critical hit) I realized the gender was female. O.o I'm sorry but I've only seen male Lucarios so I thought they'd only be male xDD But yeah I had that WTF moment alright.

Azumin

Trader/RNGer. ^-^
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Recent WTF:
    Pidgeot: Quick Attack!
    Foes Pikachu faints.
    Pidgeot is paralyzed, it might not be able to attack!
    Use Paralyze Heal.
    Mareep:Thundershock
    Pidgeot: Quick Attack!
    Foes Mareep Faints.
    Pidgeot is paralyzed, it might not be able to attack!
    Me:FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back