• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I was very surprised when I caught Mewtwo with my first dusk ball, and Lugia with my third.

Strangely, it took me three soft resets to catch Moltres with ultra balls.

^.hydro

Missingno's Homie
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    wow. Today I caught Latios. Then I ran into a Shiney Tentacool. Caught that. I Finally get done EV'ing my New Pupitar....I drop my DS and it turns off. I had saved right before Latios. Poke'FML

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022

EDIT: Also, how can a paralyzed, red-hp Aipom possibly require 30 Ultra Balls to catch?

seriously? I caught my aipom by simply bringing it down to red and throwing ONE great ball at it. One of my easiest catches =]

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
    I encountered ShinyGraveler in the Dark Caves and I had Haunter use Hypnosis while I switched to a lower level Pokemon so it wouldn't KO it. I attack it and it gets down to red and Graveler decides it doesn't want to be a human's slave so it Self-Destructs right when it wakes up the next turn.

Good thing I don't really like Graveler anyways. Couldn't trade it if I wanted to anyway.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2014
    I just had the biggest WTF moment ever so far, well before I went to sleep last night. I knocked out Chucks Lvl 31 Poliwrath using bide with Lvl 20 Shuckle (Shuckie).
    HOW it managed to survive I've not a clue! And then Jasmine was just a walk in the park for Magby. :) So that was 2 gym badges in 9 minutes I think..?

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
    Years
    I let my younger cousin play. In the beginning of the game, he was on his way to go to mr. pokemon for the first time. he went inside the guy that gives you the thing to hold your apricots in and then he went into the patch of grass to the right of the guy's house and all of a sudden a pokemon had encountered him. it was a Raiku, AT THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME lol and then i told him to try to catch it but guess what he did. he fled ): so i was like WTF.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Biggest wtf? I replaced Chikorita with Exeggcute, only to realize at Level 43 that it's sucky until it learns Psychic at 47 :s So I have to EXP Share it until Level 47 for it to be battle-use'able.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    I swear every time before or after I press the 'A' button a wild pokemon attacks me.

Kirkland

show me my silver lining
    Years
    When I get ugly ass Nejiki down to his last pokemon and I've got a Toxicroak and hes got a charizard. So I get it down to like, 20hp maybe and he gets a critical hit in from a weak attack and I die. How could he do that to me? ;AAAA;

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I Walked out of Viridian Forest, a Max Repel wore off.
    I Cut through the Grass so i didn't have to Fight a Trainer [Had to leave in a few minutes. ] Then Next thing you know, Latias Pops up, Right after my Repel wore off, and I wasn't even trying to find it.

Caught it though. :D

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I let my younger cousin play. In the beginning of the game, he was on his way to go to mr. pokemon for the first time. he went inside the guy that gives you the thing to hold your apricots in and then he went into the patch of grass to the right of the guy's house and all of a sudden a pokemon had encountered him. it was a Raiku, AT THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME lol and then i told him to try to catch it but guess what he did. he fled ): so i was like WTF.
    LOL This is such a great lie! :D And even if that did happen, which it didn't, Raikou doesn't disappear forever when you run. It just reappears later.

I was in Slowpoke's Well, beating Team Rocket, my repel ran out. One step later a Shiny Zubat appeared. YAY :D

Shun1

Started Project RGSShun
    Years
    I was battling Whitneys Clefairy, it used metronome and it ened up using Spacial Rend... My pokémon which I think was Togepi also used metronome and it used mimic. It copied Spacial Rend, (I don't know why I thought it would copy Metronome, why did I use it then? lol) next turn, some how metronome became Spacial Rend... wtf must be a glitch, then it ended up being destroyed by my TOGEPI'S metronome./spacial Rend...

Yes, it is confusing... Don't ask how it happened. (Togepi was traded from Plantinum...)

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I just had the biggest WTF moment ever so far, well before I went to sleep last night. I knocked out Chucks Lvl 31 Poliwrath using bide with Lvl 20 Shuckle (Shuckie).
    HOW it managed to survive I've not a clue! And then Jasmine was just a walk in the park for Magby. :) So that was 2 gym badges in 9 minutes I think..?

Very similar to how I did it. I must have done it in like 15-20 minutes, but that's because my entire team was weak to fighting and steel types lol

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2012
    My WTF moment was when I finally got a Shiny Lugia to appear after days of SR'ing, and it wouldn't stay in the goddamn Ultra/Dusk Balls. Out of frustration, I threw my only Premier ball... and caught it.

I was like WTF. Then I freaked out. xD

~Starry

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
    Years
    LOL This is such a great lie! :D And even if that did happen, which it didn't, Raikou doesn't disappear forever when you run. It just reappears later.

I was in Slowpoke's Well, beating Team Rocket, my repel ran out. One step later a Shiny Zubat appeared. YAY :D

Um why would i even lie about this? and I'm telling the straight up truth dont say i'm lying if you have no proof that i am lying ok hun? next time it happens i will record it and i swear i will show all of you lololol. wow i cant believe there are people out there like you. people that would seriously try to accuse someone of lying even though they dont have any proof of it whatsoever. Many people have told me that my game was probably just a fake one because i got it from ebay, or that it was a glitch. so next time, dont accuse someone of lying unless you can back it up, got it? mhmm good.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    ^You're gonna have to forgive me because I too find this a little hard to believe. The legendary beasts only appear AFTER you go downstairs on the Burned Tower.

iLoveSocks

PKMN Breeder
    Years
    I was trying to catch Suicune, and I had just gone to Vermilion city to see him, and then, after checking a pokemon help site, I accidentally went straight to where Misty was. Suicune wasn't there, so I thought it was a time thing... I waited 2 weeks until I figured out I had to go to the Route east of Fuchsia city before that. I did that and then went to the route where Misty was, and the Suicune was shiny.

chillxd

メインモシ
    Years
    Lol I can't believe I'm posting this just now.

At the top of Sprout Tower...

iChill: Phew! That's the last of 'em... Now I just have to beat the Elder. Wait... who's that?! Is that imNoob? No wai! ._.

Elder: Bla bla...

imNoob: Bla bla!! *imNoob uses Escape Rope*

*iChill walks to Elder Li...*

Just as I was about to press A, I encountered a random Pokémon. AGAIN.

iChill: WTF? Not another Gastly?! ._.

It's NOT just another Gastly! It's... Shiiiiiiiny! *_*

And I had just 3 Pokéballs.

iRawr used Water Gun!

*throws Pokéball.. BOOM.* Got it!

: D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back