• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    My WTF moment would have to be with Mewtwo.

So there I was, him having like, 3 health, me launching Ultra Balls, Dusk Balls and Great Balls at him for 2 days, not catching him. I was literally crying at the end and was so pissed off, I was just not going to catch Mewtwo ... I accidentally hit the balls pocket on my bag and hit the Pokeball ... I caught It. I wasn't happy, I was mad, and that's why I traded my Mewtwo to the GTS, because I hate it so much.

Ah nice story there, although that must've been really annoying as hell.

Still, you gave someone a Mewtwo they'd appreciate. Did you get something you wanted in return? :)

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    I think I've already ranted on this, but...

Training in Johto just sucks. It just does. When ya play through the story, all the wild pokemon and opponents are like 5-10 lvls lower than yours. Only the rival, Gym Leaders and the Elite Four are close to your team. And then after that, only the Gym Leaders in Kanto match your team, and there's no wild pokemon above Lvl 51 that I've seen, and worst of ALL there's no V.S. Seeker...ARRGH.

Meh. I guess I'll just go die train at the Elite Four. But that's annoying too, 'cause even though you're training ya still want to win...at least, I do. :P

EDIT: *goes to buy healing stuffs* OH MY GOD. I'M DEAD BROKE. DARNIT. DDx

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    i was in cerulean gym and i was like "i wonder where the machine part is"
    i was checkin the floats o nthe water thinkin "well this IS a remake its gotta be in the water"
    i got bored and when on land to a spot where i thought it might be (im really good at findin hidden items witout the item finder) and voila! i found it i was like "WTF!? damn im good" lol

then i was battling misty,and she owned my Raikou, and i managed to own her team with my new marowak (rock head + double edge = ownage on an adamant marowak lol) then it got killed by lapras -_-"
    lugia gets owned by lapras....

all thats left is my dear typlhosion named HeatWave
    and he owns lapras with flamethrower O_O
    thats not the WTF moment, the WTF moment is when typhlosion is in the low-yellow,and owns starmie with shadow claw O_O WTF i shouldve lost!

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
    I was trying to use the same team I did in Gold in HeartGold, but I just discovered that you can only get Teddiursa in SoulSilver. :pink_disbelief:

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
    RING ... RING ...
    PROF. OAK : Hey, your Pokedex is filling up nicely !
    CLICK ...

Me : ... WTF? What was the point of that?

Ah nice story there, although that must've been really annoying as hell.

Still, you gave someone a Mewtwo they'd appreciate. Did you get something you wanted in return? :)

You bet I did :D I got my lovely Blastoise. :]

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
    RING ... RING ...
    PROF. OAK : Hey, your Pokedex is filling up nicely !
    CLICK ...

Me : ... WTF? What was the point of that?

Just had that happen to me last night, I was like YEAH AMAZING CALL!

So today I was EV Training a Riolu for Maxed Attack (WITH beneficial Nature), More Speed and More Defense, finished it up, was about to get my Effort Ribbon when my DS randomly shuts off.

RAGED, as that was going to be one STRONG Lucario...

Kai Yamato

Lone Soldier
    Years
    I was like training and evolving my Pokemon as usual until Nurse Joy says my team got the Pokerus. o_O I don't know how, all I know is that I was training my Venusaur that came from my GBA game and my Typhlosion that came from my Diamond.

Swinoob

... [I am not a talker].
    Years
    On HG, I was walking with my Poliwag in Olivine City, at the beach near Route 40, when I turned around to talk to it. Then, next thing I know, a box of text at the bottom of my screen reads: "Poliwag Roared Loudly." :cer_disbelief: WTF? I didn't know Poliwag could roar! :cer_confused:

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    yesterday i went to get the last 4 Kanto badges, i owned all except Blue/Green
    who owned my entire team except Dragonite, who pulled out a major upset against his Pigeot with only 13health left XD that was a major WTF to me lol, i shouldve lost

and then i went to get a super rod, but got bored and instead of flyin, i walked all the way to fusia, and there was suicune, WTF this is where you were hidin!? i looked all over kanto and HERE O_O talk bout lucky lol

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
    Just had that happen to me last night, I was like YEAH AMAZING CALL!

LOL. He does it to me about 3 times a day. I think he wants my children Munchlax.

So today I was EV Training a Riolu for Maxed Attack (WITH beneficial Nature), More Speed and More Defense, finished it up, was about to get my Effort Ribbon when my DS randomly shuts off.

RAGED, as that was going to be one STRONG Lucario...
    Wow. That sucks. Are you going to / did you train it again?

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2010
    Caught Zapdos after a large number of ultra balls and false swipe/hypnosis combos, and did a few other things like get phone numbers and items the other day. I put my DS down for a while and went to press "up" but hit "power" instead. -.-

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    Caught Zapdos after a large number of ultra balls and false swipe/hypnosis combos, and did a few other things like get phone numbers and items the other day. I put my DS down for a while and went to press "up" but hit "power" instead. -.-

LOL. DS Lite, ftw. ;D

-filler-

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
    This show you all my stupidity and lack of knowledge on pokemon :

I was surfing, and met a Shiny Tentacruel. You knooow, people were telling me about Missingno, viruses, glitches and all....I thought this Tenta was a virus, so I freaked out and reseted the game...I learnt that it was just a o-so-rare shiny pokemon ._____.

/shot

Years
    Me. Well I was in Ilex fortress trying to get the two farfetch back to the owner and pokemon appear in middle of no where. Each step you take a bug pokemon pops out. I was like wtf. So I decided to use my hootoo and kill them all and gain exp in it. heheh. My hootoo is a noctowl right now and it is at level 22. Woot! My crownaw is at 23. lol

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    When i trying capture Mewtwo but instead i keep failing after each pokeballs until it kill itself using Struggle.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    When i trying capture Mewtwo but instead i keep failing after each pokeballs until it kill itself using Struggle.

same thing happened with me on platinum with darkrai
    durin round2 caught it in1 ball -_-"

Years
    man. I just saw an Entei level 40. I was like wtf. I didn't have any masterball. My pokemon is so weak to battle it. So it fled away. I was trying to use noctowl's hypnosis attack on it and put it to sleep. Then catch with 1 ultra ball. lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back