• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehYoshiNinja

Back, again.
Years
  • Maybe also when I beat this guy (think he was a Hiker, maybe just outside Union Cave?), and he asked for my phone number.

Afterwards, he was like 'I'm glad I have a younger friend to talk to'...

So... how many Trainers are convicted child predators?

Oh, and also when I beat Whitney second try. I mean, I'd been completely owned first time, leveled up my then-Togepi until it was equal, taught it Rock Smash (only available Fighting move then >_<), went into battle...

Aaand defeated Clefairy and Miltank with my Quilava without losing more than half my HP. SmokeScreen/Flame Wheel spam is one hell of a strategy.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2011
    well i was in the safari zone becasue the guy told me to catch a sandshrew so i was ok so iwas walking around and found a sandslash and ran away kept lookin gfor a sandshrew and i get into another battle and it was a shiny sandslash!!!! i was like omg!!!!!!!!!!!! so i threw some mud at it and threw a pokeball and it wiggled 3 times and it got out and it stayed so i threw another pokeball and it wiggled 3 times again and it ran away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was so mad!!!!!!!!!

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
  • Well... I took my Swinub into the Ice Path, and somehow, it was shivering.... Isn't Swinub an ice pokemon o.O

Years
  • Finally up to the Hooh and made it faint by accident :| and I didn't save it for like three hours before that so I restarted played got back up to were I was up to and like an absolute nob I ko'd hooh again, and heres the really fun part. I didn't save it again like a bigger nob. I didn't play for like three days after that lol

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I was level grinding by abusing match calls with Sabrina. First match, oh how I feared her Wobbuffet, so I sent out my strongest team member, Dragonite, and OHKO'd it with Outrage. Got some nice level ups. Second match, she sent out that blasted blue blob again, and I proceed with Nite's Outrage, which did NOT KO Wobby, and it used Counter... Talk about a huge FML moment. Died. Then, I saw some message like "Reflect wore off" and -insert headdesk here-

I killed Ho-oh, etc. They revive after one decimates the Elite Four. I forgot about Ho-oh. O_o

Natester

Mostly a lurker
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Iowa
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    I have 2 more WTF moments in my Soulsilver game.

First one was moltres. After weakening it to the red and putting it to sleep with my gengar, I caught it on my FIRST DUSK BALL!

Second was Ho-oh. I didn't put it to sleep this time because Ho-oh has punishment which would kill gengar but back to the story, after I weakened it, I caught it on my second dusk ball.

Both of these occured last night.

Thunderhead

Ride the Lightning
    Years
  • How about when I was going against Groudon,
    my new Bulbasuar was able to put it to sleep. You gotta love when something your fighting attacks, and then misses :P

Then I caught it within two ultra balls.

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
  • mine was when my friend wanted me to catch mewtwo so he could beat red, he sucked. so i go buy tons of ultra balls and dusk balls, get him to 1pixel with hydro pump, catch him with 3 dusk balls, then i turn on my game, go to mewtwo, with 50 ultra balls, 43 dusk balls, and 20 somtin great balls, he uses struggle after 37 or so dusk balls, i turn off and on, he ko's everybody while throwing balls, finally, on my third try, for fun, a poke ball caught it.

pokemoneg

Self Proclaimed Mudkip Lover
    Years
  • Eevee EPIC FAIL or WIN

...Let's see...

I was battling Morty, and he somehow fainted my whole team... EXCEPT FOR MY EEVEE. Of course, it had to be Lvl. 5 and know only useless NORMAL-type moves while Gengar only knew GHOST-type moves. Worst moment ever; oh, and I had to re-battle all of the Gym Trainers because I forgot to save it >:

Oh, and liek 99% of the time the enemy hits me with critical hits >:

That happened to me cept, None of Gengar's moves did anything and niether did mine. So i just used sand attack, leer, over and over. Eventually, Gengar ran out of PP of all moves and Used struggle. ... >.>
    My eevee survived, somehow, and Gengar, with leer lovering defence, KOed itself. My Eevee gained like 14 lvls. It was the longest battle, took like 25 mins. But his gastly came in an KOed my Eevee. I did it twice.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • When I first got my Palkia. I'd not used a tall Pokémon to follow me before, so I was alarmed when he disappeared in the Pokémon Centre. I thought my game was broken D:

yaya0

は真優勝
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    When I first got my Palkia. I'd not used a tall Pokémon to follow me before, so I was alarmed when he disappeared in the Pokémon Centre. I thought my game was broken D:

noob lol :)

I have now caught Moltres, Raikou, Articuno, and Mewtwo, all in the first Ultra Ball.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2011
    when my brother activated the Arceus event on his soul silver i saw a bunch of real life pictures and then it occurred half of those pictures are in every science book th horseshoe nebula en some constellations and also the movement of the stars in the sky pointing toward the polar star i know it's not really a WTF moment but it was pretty weird nonetheless .

G-Virus

The B.O.W. King
    Years
  • A WTF moment? One of then would be when I talked to my Garchomp and it said, " Waah! Garchomp suddenly hugged you!" It did that about 5 times. I walk into the next town, talk to it again, and guess what I got then? " Garchomp is making a face like it's angry!"

I was like, " What the flip?! You were just hugging me 1 minute ago and now you're wanting to kill me?!"

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2010
    i was there with my ratta lvl 1 with focus sash vsing my mate i he attacked me and i used endevior then he switched pokemon i used it again so he has 2 pokemon lvl 100 with 1 health. i used quick attack killed that this one. then he sent out the other one with 1 health. i went to use quick attack and sliped my finger and used tackle insted :( i allmost killed two lvl 100s with one lvl 1 ratta :/ and i was like..... WTF

pichuspark

looooooooooooooool :3
    Years
  • My WTF moment?

During my battle with Lance, I was down to my Ampharos and his Charizard. I remember my Ampharos hanging at 1 HP or so and Charizard almost used a move that could make me lose...then Ampharos dodged it and procceded to kill that dragon with ThunderShock...

I will never get the idea of dodging random moves, and wheter it depends oh happiness...

And there's my Togekiss, named after my crush, who hugs me A LOT of times...

Fire_Floatzel

What's 3000 X 3 + 1?
    Years
  • Clair's and Lance's pokemon have something against purple pokemon. attacking the purple crobat but not the blue feraligater. When I restarted the battle, they learned not to mess with my crobat but my rival's crobat.
    My Crobat:
    Crobat is parylyzed, it can't move!
    The foe's Gyarados used Ice Fang!
    The foe's Kingdra used Ice Beam!
    Crobat fainted!

My rival's Crobat:
    The foes Dragonite used Draco Meteor!
    Crobat fainted!

Storm_has_formed

"The Storm is here!!!"
    Years
  • just today i encountered Entei, while being severely underleveled(i had just made them leave the Burnt Tower). One route later i came across Raikou... and the worst thing is i hardly ever find running legendaries!!!

SargeantMajorKururu

Loves Pokemon Black
    Years
  • Well I was in the Battle Hall using my awesome Politoed. I ran into a Siftry, who was several levels lower than me and my Politoed has Bounce, so I thought "yeah, I can take him." Ater I hit him with Bounce, he had about 2 HP left (it looked like it, you couldn't even see his health) and that gave him just enough time to OHKO my Politoed with Leaf Storm.

WTF?!?!?!?!?!??

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2010
    When I finally found latios, I forgot that they tried to run.. so silly me throws a quick ball. Latios burst out, lets out an evil laugh, and flies to another route. >_>

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    My biggest wtf moment is a few in one.

I was battling the E4 and I got to slowbro, I missed megahorn with level 63 Heracross 4 times <_< then it cursed and killed me with psychic. then i go to gengar, whod oesn't kill with shadow ball, so it starts using amnesia, before i knew it, this stupid slowbro was max att/def/sp.def and i couldn't kill it. :D

and also when I was trying to catch zapdos and articuno. Zapdos took 94 ultra balls! Then Articuno I forgot to stock ups o i only had 21 ultra balls and it took 4 hours of reseting to catch it ,_.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back