• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saikusu

Cheren is the Coolest Asian.
    Years
    LoL

Choose not to believe this or not but it's true i swear, this is not HG or SS sadly but i felt like i had to share it... When i first got Emerald and my Friend did, i didn't know what shinies were and i found a Shiny Poochyena i went to his house and we were playing and i was like "Look at this i got a gold Poochyena i'll show you were to get it!" So he went to just north of the first town in the game and searched for about 2 hours we were sitting there playin' then all of a sudden "LOOK LOOK GUESS WHAT I FOUND!" And well yeah... It was a shiny poochyena, now years later i know that it was a shiny the other day i randomly thought about it and im like... "What are the odds... seriously?!" This is true, choose not to believe me or not, that is my WTF Moment.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Lol. Lucky...I wanted one, I'd call it Rocky :P

my "wtf" is probably when my lv.20 Vaporeon, Sassy nature, OHKO'd a lv.25 Shuckle with Surf. No crits or anything, just an OHKO...

2nd-Thanatos

Watchmen of Sector 2.
    Years
    I remember some of my WTF moments.

-Usually I play with 2 friends, and one of them was the first to get a Shiny (a Golbat). Me and the other friend, a girl, were really envy because we've been playing much more and never found one, so we went hunting. She bought like 99 Dusk Balls (It was night when we were playing, almost 9a.m.) and started to search on the first route after New Bark Town. We found nothing, so we just stopped playing. A few days later she was crazy saying she found a Shiny Sentret. "Great!" I thought. She used Hypnosis, False Swipe... And Sentret's HP was at 1. So, when she looked at her bag to throw a Dusk Ball she suddenly remember "Wait, I've spent all my Dusk Balls trying to catch Moltres yesterday. I have no Pokeballs left". She stood looking at the Sentret for a long time before switching of the game.

-On DDPt, I remember sweating a lot to defeat the Champion's Garchomp because I didn't have any SuperEffective move against it, and it easily outspeeded my team. So I asked a friend if he could give me his Giratina for a while, and when I tried again, the whole League was easy, except Cynthia. When she sent out Garchomp I've sent Giratina. Garchomp used Dragon Charge. Critical Hit. It's Super Effective. Giratina fainted. Thanatos is out of Pokemon.

-This was not on HGSS but on the Pokewalker. I use to walk with my Eevee all the time, PokeWalker is like my cell phone or the keys: I don't get out of house without it. And, I walk a lot. Moreless 25000 steps each day. Don't know why, but when I was on that Route you unlock by getting Jirachi, my Eevee found 50v. Five times in a row, without doing any step.

Kazbat028

The Only Guy With a Girlfriend
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2011
    When a Lass told me to keep my hands to myself in the dark. And I was a girl.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2011
    I remember playing morty's gym:

15 pokemon in the gym
    15 PP on raticate's crunch
    OHKOed everything ;D

Inferny

Lord of Pokabu
    Years
    Lol. Lucky...I wanted one, I'd call it Rocky :P

my "wtf" is probably when my lv.20 Vaporeon, Sassy nature, OHKO'd a lv.25 Shuckle with Surf. No crits or anything, just an OHKO...

Pokemon-X? :D

Anyways, another WTF-moment of mine must be today, I was fighting Suicune. 25 Ultra balls were all I had brought, Suicune was in red health, but none of them got him. I just restarted. When I come back on, I lower it to red again and throws a single Friend ball. And gets it.

FRIENDSHIP IS THE SUPERIOR FORCE <3

Years
    I was trying to catch Palkia the first time I played Pearl. And it was my first try trying to get him. I had him down to red, and I couldn't get him down anymore without fainting him. So I said what the hell I'll give it a shot. Used and ultra ball and caught him. Haha I was freaking out, that's never happened to me before. I thought I'd have to shut off and try again :P

used an ultra ball on accident*

Oops, I just realized this was a HG/SS thread xD Oh well

Last edited:

SoulAura

☆Nightfall★
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2010
    This may not be a WTF moment but it sure made me upset. I'm at the last elite four opponent and of course we are fighting with our last pokemon. My Typhlosion had full health and i got his gyarados down to 12 HP. Then the Gyarados did a critical hit on me and KO'd me. >.<

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I made this thread. I think that would count as a wtf. Hahaha

One of the more common ones is sending Entei to sleep and then it running off.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    HOLY WTF

I just picked up my HeartGold (well, I accessed it on my flashcart) for the first time in about a month, and I remembered I was looking for a Sentret, so I set the time on my DS to daylight. I go looking for a level 2 female Sentret just before Cherrygrove. I was going through Pokemon: Pidgey, Rattata, male Sentret... and then I finally found a female Sentret! It was level 3, but it was shiny! Needless to say I caught it.

I checked its nature and it is Jolly. I don't think I have ever been this lucky in my life!

Totaldile

appeared! Totaldile used RAWR!
    Years
    I find Entei on water, my cousin catches a rayquaza with a pokeball at full health, and I find a shiny when I have no pokeballs. All in the same minute.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    got to a 99 streak in the battle tower, pretty sure in the knwoledge i would get the hundred. The guy sent out a staravia & a Hypno. Piece of piss for my ampharos that knows signal beam and thunder. Bang bang, they die, the guy sends out a dewgong, I seriously cannot believe my luck, 3 pokemon I can OHKO to get my 300 streak, go to use thunder, it misses oh well, suppose its not too bad, Dewgong uses sheer cold. Bam, amphy dead. Not to worry, I can outspeed it with meganium and i won't miss twice in a row, right ? wrong, bam Dewgong used Fissure, which hit AGAIN and bye bye meganium, still I have a gyarados that knows thunder, so surely I can't be that unlucky. Gyarados used thunder, I sit back safe in the knowledge ive got a 100 win streak. Dewgong held on using its focus sash ! Dewgong used horn drill !.

F-M-L

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back