• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashiro

Total Perspective Vortex
Years
  • I was trying to get to / out of the Lake of Rage, and I forgot to use Repel.

Wild Flaafy appeared!
    Me: D:
    *Shine!*
    Me: !! :D

I caught it with a quick ball and saved about five times.

Rainbow-Starlight

Pokémon Trainer Melanie
    Years
  • When I deleted my Raticate's Hyper Fang on accident. ;--
    Finding stuff with the new Dowsing Machine.
    Winning the Pokéathlon and the Bug Catching Contest, both twice.
    Losing against that dang Miltank so narrowly... and kicking her butt easily next time. XD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2011
    When I encountered Suicune in the tower (was on crystal tbh... not HG/SS) and OHKO'd him... It was the decision to redo 3 hours (forgot to save), or continue without Suicune :( Hated that...

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Heh, I actually encountered Entei on a lake. I mean seriously? It's a fire type, can it even swim?

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
    Years
  • My biggest WTF moments would have to be when I encountered Raikou and lobbed an Ultra Ball at it on the first move (I wasn't chasing it down so I was really unprepared) and caught it, but then I flew to Cinnawood to catch a Mantine I had it paralyzed, one HP (thanks to my Scizors false swipe) and I couldn't catch it. I used ten Ultra Balls and five Timer Balls

Hooh

Only if for a night.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    I have only Pidgeot left in the Ho-Oh fight, but I send out Typhlosion. It could easily resist Sacred Fire, but Ho-Oh had NO SUNNY DAY, NO BOOSTS, OR CRITACALS. Ho-Oh OH'KO'd Typhlosion, so I had to Master Ball.

Soraine

(*゚.゚)
    Years
  • Bumped into my first legendary on Soulsilver (Raikou) but my Vulpix wasn't at a level high enough to lay enough damage to weaken it much, so that was useless. I switched Pokemon, to one of mine that's highest in level (which I believe was level.34 so it stood a higher chance) but Raikou used 'Roar' and got away before I was able to use any of my attacks. FUU! :<

X8D

Oh My gawd!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2011
    Me 5%
    Opponent 3%

Opponent used quick Attack!You lost lozer

hate when that happens

Jesspke

Passerby~
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2016
    Ah-ha.

You underestimate 'strength'? (The move -.-)
    My Typlosion POWERED through the elite 4+Champion. Using strength.
    Not amazing, but I did WTF about it...

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
    Years
  • I was just playing Soul Silver, I went to Viridian Forest and caught a Pikachu and it turned out it was holding a LIGHT BALL ! I have to be the luckiest dude ever...

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • Bumped into my first legendary on Soulsilver (Raikou) but my Vulpix wasn't at a level high enough to lay enough damage to weaken it much, so that was useless. I switched Pokemon, to one of mine that's highest in level (which I believe was level.34 so it stood a higher chance) but Raikou used 'Roar' and got away before I was able to use any of my attacks. FUU! :<

If that hadn't happened it would've ran anyway...

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
  • I had just gotten to the Lake of Rage, reaching for the Red Gyarados. Right in front of it, a wild Pokémon attacked. I was like "C'mon! I'm right in front---" I got interrupted when I saw that it was a SHINY Magikarp! I went to the trouble of catching it on 5 Great Balls. Afterwards, I caught Gyarados, too.

So... Shiny Magikarp ==> 5 seconds later ==> Shiny Gyarados. That really made me WTF! myself.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back