• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X&Y Gym Awards - Badges or the like?

Michimo

Princess Spectacular
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    I liked the direction that they took with the badges in the 5th Gen, and hope that they try something unique with them again this time around. Personally, I'd love to see the badges similarly shaped, so that when placed next to each other, they'd come together like pieces in a puzzle.

Spoiler:

Oh wow, something like that would be totally neat. It could even play out as a plot device; like they did in the Pokespe manga where Team Rocket had this device that combined the Legendary Bird trio into one when you put all the badges in it.

Having the badges act as more than a collectors item seems neat. excluding how they act as power-ups

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'm hoping they revert back to similar designs of the Sinnoh Badges;

The X&Y Gym Awards - Badges or the like?

I wasn't really keen on the Unova badges so to have something like those would be nice.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    I want moar cool & spiky Gym badges like the Legend Badge from Unova, but if the Gym Leader uses floral Pokemon or cute Pokemon, definitely no cool, spiky Gym badges, just girly-like Gym badges.

I do look forward to what their gonna expose us to tho ;D

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I actually didn't mind the Unova badges. I found each of them to be pretty unique and stylish. But I wouldn't be against returning to the more simpler and rounder badges. Even badges similar to Sinnoh would be a nice return to form.

As for the badge system, I don't see that going away or changing any time soon. It's one of those "Why fix it, if it ain't broke" sort of things.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I think if they keep, which they probably will, the badge system, atleast for the elite 4 they should make it like a tournament like in the anime. you face other trainers throughout the region and then for the last 5 rounds, you face the Elite 4 members and the champion.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I hope the badges go back to gen I-IV style. Unova's badges seemed off compared to the rest.

And a tournament with multiple rounds aka more than 3 would be quite hard... it's a double edge sword for me.

Michimo

Princess Spectacular
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    I think if they keep, which they probably will, the badge system, atleast for the elite 4 they should make it like a tournament like in the anime. you face other trainers throughout the region and then for the last 5 rounds, you face the Elite 4 members and the champion.

Isn't that tournament like thing what the battle tower is for? That's what it struck me as...

Personally, I like the E4 because they have some of the most epic character designs. If they do change anything about them though, I'd hope it would be brining back the linear style instead of getting to chose who you faced because I could never make that decision, omg.

Though it would be cool if they gave you an extra badge once you became champion. Instead of a ribbon or a computer entry. I didn't mind the ribbons much, though.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I think they'll keep badges, but I just hope they stay in the pretty badge cases like in B/W because it had such a nice animation and stuff. :) Idm how the badges look just as long as they have an awesome case.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    I'd prefer them to look like the first 3 generations, rather than Gen IV or V.
    IV and V to me, the badges looked so unrelated, I didn't even bother cleaning them.

Kawaii Pikachu :3

"The Cutiest Pokemon Gamer!"
    Years
    I would love to see a wider selection of gyms/badges. Like have access to 16 different gyms and make it so we can chose which 8 gyms to go and defeat and get those badges. That way it makes it more customizable like in the Anime (Gary had a different set of badges then Ash did). Once we get the 8 gym badges we are able to fight the Elite 4 and Champion and then we can go out and get the other 8 to re-challenge the Elite 4/Champion again but they are stronger the second time around. It's not like we don't have the technology/abilities to do things like this. They just take a little more time in production.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Unova was the first to use the "Gym Symbol," and that symbol was used again in the XY trailer, so I think it's safe to assume we will see badges return. They may even be similar in shape to the Unova badges (long instead of round), since it's using the same logo. But I'm not really hoping for anything in particular, just so long as they're designed well.

Back