• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
That is about how I want Fraokie's final evo to look. It isn't too bulky and isn't too skinny. I love the design. I wouldn't get your hopes up though. I also like Fennikens.

There has been a good amount of fakemon in the past. If serebii or other sites haven't told us about it, then it is probably fake. Also I wouldn't trust anything from 4Chan. Everything there is usually fake.

Years
Hoenn's starters weren't very bulky looking either. Interestingly they were all bipedal (if one count's swampert hands as not being on the ground) too. So it's possible...like Chespin's final will be the bulkiest and biggest looking. Now I do think these two may be fake...I do like them though.

Bulky no, but they still gave off a superior feel to them. Tbh I'm not expecting Fennekin's and Froakie's to be bulky at all, just a lot taller. But apart from Swampert (who's actually the same height as Armaldo and Salamence) Sceptile and Blaziken are actually pretty tall, Blaziken being the 4th tallest Starter Pokemon.

Even though I love Frogideir and Froakie, that last form is just so plain. Not saying they are fake, just saying they don't look like they are real.

I agree, it's just way too plain. If they just added a few things here and there it wouldn't look half bad.

Last edited:

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years
There is some speculation that the gray pokemon could be espurr, not sure if a gray kitten is what I had in mind. Also, the latest pokebeach leak states that espurr is mostly white with blue accents. Though the shape of the pokemon is similar to the Meowstick line. I hope though that it is not Espurr, for two reasons. Espurr should not be gray, and I would love a koala. It also looks vaguely like a bunnelby evo, but I don't anticipate it will have a pre-evolution.

So, I found an image that is pretty good for 4Chan. haha
If it was posted somewhere else, I would be all over it, but I remain very skeptical that it is real, even though I kinda like it and it does appear like an official pokemon. Let me know what you think. Heck, maybe this is that new gray pokemon, or an evolution of it. Again, I am doubtful that any legitimate leak would be initiated on 4chan.

1380158905557.jpg
omg please be real pleeeease. Its so cute awww.... (if its real and I pray its real than I bet its a ground type at least. looks like a moleor prarie dog or I
dunno...resetti anyone....)

edit:the "fake froakie final evo" somewhat matches the description of tis final evo in that rumor today

Reconfirmation that Froakie's final evolution is Water/Fighting. It looks similar to a poison dart frog. The dark blue now takes over its body almost entirely. There are a few even darker (almost black) spots on his sides and face and it gains more of the bubble foam around its neck and down the back. It's also a bit bulkier. It uses its hind legs a lot and has kicking attacks.. I still cant trust all this though.

Last edited:
Years
So, I have been waiting to order my game, since I can only afford to purchase one. Thought seeing all of the new pokemon has been GREAT in the past 3 months since version exclusives were revealed, I wanted to know which game to purchase. Thus far, aside from legendaries, there are two sets of exclusives, fairy and water. There could be three sets of new pokemon that are exclusive like in BW or there could be more. I wonder if the marketing strategy is to either get fans to buy both versions, or to force them to choose one version without looking at the exclusive evolutions, and then obligating them to buy the other version. I mean, if these evolutions were shown, more people would be satisfied with the version they had purchased and thus less likely to purchase both versions, though that would still remain a possibility. Arg! I am thinking I will likely have to go with X, and maybe in the future purchase Y. I mean, I can't be without this game on the 12th or I will spoil everything!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
So, I have been waiting to order my game, since I can only afford to purchase one. Thought seeing all of the new pokemon has been GREAT in the past 3 months since version exclusives were revealed, I wanted to know which game to purchase. Thus far, aside from legendaries, there are two sets of exclusives, fairy and water. There could be three sets of new pokemon that are exclusive like in BW or there could be more. I wonder if the marketing strategy is to either get fans to buy both versions, or to force them to choose one version without looking at the exclusive evolutions, and then obligating them to buy the other version. I mean, if these evolutions were shown, more people would be satisfied with the version they had purchased and thus less likely to purchase both versions, though that would still remain a possibility. Arg! I am thinking I will likely have to go with X, and maybe in the future purchase Y. I mean, I can't be without this game on the 12th or I will spoil everything!
I know...I have a similar issue but it has to do with the game's arrival...if my ordered copy doesn't arrive in time I'll proably end up buying it from the e-shop and returning the ordered copy...unless I buy X from the e-shop and keep the Y...

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2014
I know...I have a similar issue but it has to do with the game's arrival...if my ordered copy doesn't arrive in time I'll proably end up buying it from the e-shop and returning the ordered copy...unless I buy X from the e-shop and keep the Y...

Well where did you order it from. If you did it through Amazon. It probably will be Saturday. If not the you wont get it until Monday. They tend to have problems like that. If you did a store like Walmart etc ask them to ship to store for in-store pick up. Same with Gamestop ship to the nearest gamestop for in-store pick up.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well where did you order it from. If you did it through Amazon. It probably will be Saturday. If not the you wont get it until Monday. They tend to have problems like that. If you did a store like Walmart etc ask them to ship to store for in-store pick up. Same with Gamestop ship to the nearest gamestop for in-store pick up.
I did it by Amazon...but the latest day it had was the 17th...so hopefully it won't come that late...(sadly I can't track the order as it won't show up in my account for some reason or another...I even called to get it resolved...).

However I do want the box...so maybe I'll go by my local Walmart or Gamestop to get it (could get the Shiny Giratina (I think it'll still be going on) while I'm at it.).

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
You guys know what's up with this alleged Mega Volcarona confirmation? I'm on my ipod right now so Its hard to research this. All I saw was a pic of twitter post made by the Pokemon Company with a picture of what looked to be Mega Volcarona.

EDIT: Oh wait forget it just found the original artist in devianart.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
That's an amazing piece of artwork. It reminds me a lot about Flyfly, a supervillian from Batman cartoon and comic book series. I totally love it. (: If they do have a Mega Volcarona in Pokémon X and Y, and it does turn out to look similar to this, then I would be extremely happy. I'm hoping for it to have an increased Speed and Special Attack stats, so that it would be easier for us to utilize it as a sweeper.

Typhon

'sup
Years
Oh wow, that Mega Volcarona does seem cool. I saw this the other day! I must say that it looks more like a bug in this picture, as it surprisingly bears a resemblance to a moth. That's quite cool! I love the fire symbol ontop of it's head; I can't remember but it looks similar to something I've seen before.

If only this was real... This looks really badass! ^^ It's face kinda looks better, but I don't know what to say about it. This actually looks legit tbh. Gawd Gamefreak come have a look at these designs!

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2014
Someone posted it in a different thread but is this the one you were talking about ?
11902.jpg

I'm like 80% sure I've seen Froakie's final stage somewhere a long time ago, before Frogadier was released...

I really like these final stages though! Fennekin's final stage looks downright epic!!! :3 I hope when Braixen evolves it looks something like this leans more towards a unisex look but still keeps a cool posture. Also, if the staff was longer it'd be more appealing too..BUT IT MOST KEEP THE FUR CAPE!!

Froakie's final is okay, I like the colour but he looks a little stiff.

But yeah this is most likely fake due to the fact they look too small to be final starters. EVERY final stage starters are really big or tall, whereas these guys look like those small powerhouse (e.g. Lucario, Breloom, Eeveelutions etc.)

They Look Very Real and Convincing to me. Also If our leaker is accurate(which he has been) The art for Froakie's final evolution is correct. "The dark blue now takes over its body almost entirely. There are a few even darker (almost black) spots on his sides and face and it gains more of the bubble foam around its neck and down the back. It's also a bit bulkier."

Also too small? Not likely look at monferno and Infernape, Combuskin and Blazikin Riolu and Lucario. Grovyle and Skeptile. Raltz and Gardivoir. I could go on forever with the list but I wont.
So Braixen final evolve looks pretty convincing. Thicker Legs. Thicker Arms.

If these are real.. I feel bad for the people who wanted them and wanted to keep their final form a surprise for in game.... Good thing im team you already know though.

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2019
They Look Very Real and Convincing to me. Also If our leaker is accurate(which he has been) The art for Froakie's final evolution is correct. "The dark blue now takes over its body almost entirely. There are a few even darker (almost black) spots on his sides and face and it gains more of the bubble foam around its neck and down the back. It's also a bit bulkier."

Also too small? Not likely look at monferno and Infernape, Combuskin and Blazikin Riolu and Lucario. Grovyle and Skeptile. Raltz and Gardivoir. I could go on forever with the list but I wont.

If these are real.. I feel bad for the people who wanted them and wanted to keep their final form a surprise for in game.... Good thing im team you already know though.
NowGamer is also reporting about it http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2095781/pokemon_x_y_final_evolution_of_starter_pokemon_leaked.html Who knows they might be true, the designs look believable.Something that GF might do. However there is no final evolution of Chespin which is strange.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Considering the mass amounts of artists trying to troll the fanbase, and the numerous errors in those particular drawings, it's safe to say that they're fake.

Insanium

Jimmy Cream
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 1, 2014
I would think that Braixen's evo would retain the orange flame color on it's "wand". If it is to be purple, why not have Braixen's flame color purple as well? Among other details, I'm not convinced.

As for the lack of a Quilladin evo, I don't think whoever drew could not come up with a creative design, which I can understand, I can't imagine what it's final will look like.

Rayquaza 97

Draco Meteor.
Years
Those evolutions would be cool if they were true, but sadly I have troll sense and it's tingling aha. I know you guys are saying that it looks like what the leaker said it would look, but PLOT TWIST - Maybe the artist designed this based off what the leaker has said! *everyone gasps* but I'm not 100% sure when this came out, but I assume after the leaker, if not I will have egg on my face lol.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

As for the size...two of the Pokemon you listed have NOTHING to do with Starters. The size is in reference to Starter Pokemon final evolutions.

Starter Sizes are:
Venusaur: 6'07"
Charizard: 5'07"
Blastoise: 5'03"
Meganium: 5'11"
Typhlosion: 5'07"
Feraligatr: 7'07"
Sceptile: 5'07"
Blaziken: 6'03"
Swampert: 4'11"
Torterra: 7'03"
Infernape: 3'11"
Empoleon: 5'07"
Serperior: 10'10"
Emboar: 5'03"
Samurott: 4'11"

Size wise I don't see any issue. Starters don't have a set standard when it comes to size. So no I don't agree with the too small claim. The art work is the only thing throwing me off.

As for the description, as far as I remember hearing, the description was passed around and later confirmed fake by the writer which ended up with the removal on the info. The art appeared shortly after the description was made or appeared in the most recent. Now another person with roughly the same info appears and makes the same claim to try and keep the image relevant. Its pretty much an easy assumption that its fake since the author is apparently jumping names to try and build credit on the images. This is how I see it right now.

Lack of Quiladen evolution in the picture is one of the larger points of confirming its false. They had a description I believe at some point but why wouldn't they include it in there as well? They'd have shown all three if these were real. Not having one because of how difficult it is to make seems to be the most defining factor against this being real.

Its fake until shown through an official source. This can also be pushed by the fact that the major news sources in pokemon have not even attempted to post these images because they cannot confirm any of the rumors. Until Serebii or Bulbapedia can post these without a doubt, then they are pretty much fake.

These images surfaced because of TPC's announcement about an Evolution appearing on Facebook. I can't say that this coincidence is harmless in any way. This was the perfect troll bait set up with two perfect images to throw fans into a frenzy.

Back