• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Xbox 360's Red Ring of Death

Have you ever gotten the Red Ring of Death on your 360?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    I'm sure all Xbox 360 owners have heard of the dreaded Red Ring of Death that has been the Achilles' heel of the system since it came out. And I'm suspecting that maybe some 360 owners here at PC have gotten it and or had to get new consoles.

I'm curious on just how many 360 owners have been RROD'd and if any of you have gotten new 360s only to have then break down again. Even though Microsoft say they have managed to fix this problem, I'm still skeptical. I got my 360 in February of 2008 and I haven't ran into any problem with it yet.

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
    You are very lucky. I got one of the ones that came out on launch day, and two weeks later...BAM! Red Ring of Death. At first, I had no idea what to do, so I sent it to Microsoft. They gave me a brand new one, and I have had no problems with it ever since.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    I got my 360 last September, so it's been a year and already it's gotten the red ring twice. :/ I sent it to Microsoft support, and it worked fine... for while. So I sent back once again, and just got it back last week. Everything seems fine so far. I really hope it stays that way.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I know a quite a few of 360 owners and the majority have gotten RROD at least twice. Im f=gettin an Elite on Monday in an attempt to avoid it as much as possible.

Years
    So there have been a few of you guys who have had it. I knew this one guy I worked with who got the RROD and he told me about it. He said that he and his buddies left it on for long periods of time and didn't turn it off. So I said to him, "Maybe you got it because you didn't let it take a break." And he sort of agreed with me.

There are days where I tend to play my 360 non-stop, but there are also days where I never touch it. The longest playing session I've done with it was around 8-9 hours on Grand Theft Auto 4.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I've had mine since the past Christmas and I've yet to get it. *knocks on wood* Hope I don't lol.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Does the Elite have a lower chance of getting it? I was going to get one to try and avoid getting it.

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
    Never RRODed on me, but it locked up on me plenty of times. Had mine since launch. 360's hardware is so crappy.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I have an elite, and gotten it twice.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

That really did spoil my reason for getting one. Oh well, I guess Im gonna have to assume that that kind of thing could never happen to me like I always do.

Zet

Years
    I haven't gotten a RRoD on my elite yet... Got it last year in December, though when I had a friend stay over to do system link like we usually, do his xbox got a RRoD

....Also I got an ad at the bottom of the page asking me if I have a dead xbox 360, what are the chances of that happening?

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Lol, it picks up on a lot of the threads topics and does ads on them. Not sure how it does it. Everytime I go on my profile on here it shows an ad on Tech N9ne ringtones. Its been doing that for months now :/

On Topic: Does anyone even know how to prevent it because I dont want to waste my first paycheck.

scyfer

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    i haven't.
    well maayybee its bcuz i just bought it new about a month ago heh

so i'm guessing the new ones have been fixed of that problem (hopefully)

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Thats what Im hoping. it would be horrible if they know of the problem and com=ntinue to produce faulty hardware.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    I got it once about 18 months ago, haven't had a problem since then. When I got it it would actually just go away after a restart. Then it got annoying so I sent it in to be repaired, it was pretty quick considering the horror stories I've heard about the wait. I ended up selling the refurbished one for cheap to my friend and I bot a new one. No problems so far.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I had one about three months after I got the Xbox 360, then another one about a year ago. After that, it's been flawless.

Back