• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Zero Dilemma [dltms0 - June Edition]

Years

I quite liked CEO Yomi.
    Spoiler:

Years

I finished it once but didn't do many side quests (even though the areas aren't particularly big the npcs can be reyt cunts to find) so I've probably still got a lot to see. Not bothered about doing another play through right now though, happy enough seeing the childhood friend end.

Wouldn't say any of the characters were particularly intriguing but it was fun. I only actually bought it because it looked like they cloned Zenbu from Symphogear.
    Spoiler:

Years
    12. I mostly want to because even tiny fractions of money back on one of my hobbies is more than I was making off of my hobbies before. That and it'd give me financial incentives to play through my backlog. A lot of those games do happen to be JRPGs, however.

200 hour video series of a good game I know a lot about? I could do that, problem is that there's a lot of people that know more about those games (Civilization, Sim City, and Pokemon TCG in particular) than I do.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

Depends on the appeal, really. And what the viewer is there for. Merkipler's probably one of the better examples but the guy does actually do his research and, generally, only really plays things he's interested in.

But he basically had the same run-off as AVGN in regards to the birth of thousands of youtubers trying to do the same, so I can't really disagree.

Years
    18. I've always been a huge simulation game nerd. I prefer Sim City to The Sims because Sim City centers around city-building, which as a map nerd is something I've always enjoyed.

The Sims gets silly in its own right, though, with dumb inside jokes and other gameplay mechanics like with a certain expansion pack in The Sims 2 where cheating in a romantic relationship while the other sim is nearby has serious consequences, one of those being that the jilted sim will leave a bag of flaming poo on the doorstep of the cheating sim and may attack the cheater if they see each other while the jilted sim still has the "I'M ANGRY AT THIS SIM BECAUSE THEY CHEATED ON ME!" timer active.

Also some people enjoy the heck out of creating weird family trees by finding a way to get their sim to be an alien and a vampire at the same time. And making one spouse a career criminal while the other's a career cop. The list goes on and on.

Depends on the appeal, really. And what the viewer is there for. Merkipler's probably one of the better examples but the guy does actually do his research and, generally, only really plays things he's interested in.

But he basically had the same run-off as AVGN in regards to the birth of thousands of youtubers trying to do the same, so I can't really disagree.

I'm pretty sure I'd only be playing my backlog at first.

Loved Sim City 2000 when I were a wee nipper. Should probably have a proper run at one of the newer ones, have 4 on Steam.

As someone who spent my formative years playing 4, what's kept me playing so long despite the game being a crash-prone mess at release is that it's so easily moddable by the community. So much has been done over the years.

In Steam, put the following in the game's launch options:
    -CustomResolution:enabled -r1920x1080x32 -intro:off -CPUCount:1 -CPUPriority:high

Replace the "1920x1080" with whatever resolution your monitor is. The CPUCount restriction is because the game was released before multicore processors were even a thing, to the point where it will crash if a process thread even touches another processor.

There's also some graphics settings changes you might need to do as well.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years

See? Lots of content already.

The popular let's player channel seem more like ***-react videos than gaming channels. Not that iterative content or emergent comedy is bad. It's just not the kind of content I really want to immerse myself in more than at a very superficial level.

We need more _in-depth_ stuff. Christopher Odd and davidangel64 are good, the Dark Souls loreplayers are gooder, Threadbare Inc is god. >:)

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    20. I've always been a huge simulation game nerd. I prefer Sim City to The Sims because Sim City centers around city-building, which as a map nerd is something I've always enjoyed.

The Sims gets silly in its own right, though, with dumb inside jokes and other gameplay mechanics like with a certain expansion pack in The Sims 2 where cheating in a romantic relationship while the other sim is nearby has serious consequences, one of those being that the jilted sim will leave a bag of flaming poo on the doorstep of the cheating sim and may attack the cheater if they see each other while the jilted sim still has the "I'M ANGRY AT THIS SIM BECAUSE THEY CHEATED ON ME!" timer active.

Also some people enjoy the heck out of creating weird family trees by finding a way to get their sim to be an alien and a vampire at the same time. And making one spouse a career criminal while the other's a career cop. The list goes on and on.
    It's always been the opposite for me. I've been with the Sims pretty much my whole life, having spent a lot of my childhood and early teens on 2 and the time after that on 3. But the thing is, they aren't really the same. I mean, they're both simulations, but the simulator sub-genres tend to be so different that if you like one there's no reason that you'll like the others. And I think that definitely applies when comparing the Life Sim to the City Builder. Mostly due in part to the fact that the City Builder does have a kind of inherent objective, which is to make a thriving city as you see fit. How you do that is up to you, of course, but that is, all in all, what the game is about.

With the Life Sim, the game really puts in your hand what you want to make of it. It doesn't really have an inherent goal, though I suppose many assume it's to make your character happy. And in a way that still works, it follows the same idea as the City Builder in that how you do that is up to you and what your character is like- because it's life, one shoe doesn't fit all. But this is more of a genre where the goals are what you make of them, both long and short term. As a player, and at least in the sims, I'm a big fan of making a deep-rooted family tree of distinct sims that stand out on their own rites and have families of their own. Because I'm really into that sort of thing- I just love family/generational shit. Hell, that was half the reason I was down with Jojo, I loooove that kind of stuff, especially when I have some control over how it develops. It can be silly, but really only as silly as you make it. I've never been a fan of people just using The Sims as a torture Simulator and that's it. I mean, play how you want, but please don't deride the fact that there's an actual game in there, guys <_<

But yeh, both are great. I have SC4 and Cities Skylines so I wanna give some time to both at some point.

Back